Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 253

Thread: DNC Needs To Replace Biden Now!

  1. #171
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    05-21-20 @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    27,644

    Re: DNC Needs To Replace Biden Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by jotathought View Post
    The DNC reduced the super delegate influence on the first ballot in 2018 and only allowing their votes in a contested nomination.
    Good!

    Now why did you peddle the anti-Democratic talking point about the supers? The convention rules are clear. The supers would be allowed to vote their consciences.
    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    I fought my entire life for women
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Rights have no restrictions. Free speech isn't restricted in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    By August, this phony virus will be forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't support democracy. Never had. Never will.

  2. #172
    Educator
    jotathought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    759

    Re: DNC Needs To Replace Biden Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Good!

    Now why did you peddle the anti-Democratic talking point about the supers? The convention rules are clear. The supers would be allowed to vote their consciences.
    Unless it is a contested nomination.

  3. #173
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    05-21-20 @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    27,644

    Re: DNC Needs To Replace Biden Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by jotathought View Post
    Unless it is a contested nomination.
    I am aware of that. Maybe I did not make things clear for you, so let me do that now:

    1. No supers on the first ballot.
    2. If no candidate wins on the first ballot, then supers get to vote.

    There. Done.

    Now I believe that I asked you a question. Why did you peddle the anti-Democratic talking point about the supers?
    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    I fought my entire life for women
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Rights have no restrictions. Free speech isn't restricted in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    By August, this phony virus will be forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't support democracy. Never had. Never will.

  4. #174
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,575

    Re: DNC Needs To Replace Biden Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Thought he was bad in the debates and on the campaign trail... but his online ramblings and media interviews are a clusterf***! We cannot afford another 4 years of Trump. Biden seems closer to moving into a retirement home than he is the White House. I hope to God I'm wrong. If Biden is still the nominee in November I'll be voting for him because that is just how bad Trump really is. But this is not a good situation.

    I too wish the DNC would nominate a younger woman or man. But I will vote for Biden as Trump is a disaster and out of his depth.
    And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the p**sy. You can do anything." –Donald Trump

  5. #175
    Educator
    jotathought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    759

    Re: DNC Needs To Replace Biden Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    I am aware of that. Maybe I did not make things clear for you, so let me do that now:

    1. No supers on the first ballot.
    2. If no candidate wins on the first ballot, then supers get to vote.

    There. Done.

    Now I believe that I asked you a question. Why did you peddle the anti-Democratic talking point about the supers?
    Because super delegates proportionally have more voting power than the voting population. Primaries/Caucuses have set number of delegates per state, meaning 100,000 voters could vote in the primaries to achieve a small number of delegates (for example, Wyoming has 3 delegates) and a super delegate counts as 1 delegate (and there are 430+ Democratic super delegates)

  6. #176
    Sage
    PIPEWRENCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    9,515

    Re: DNC Needs To Replace Biden Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    Then why do you support trump?
    Trump is clearly not a party puppet. The republican party tried to force a puppet on us but all their losers were destroyed by Trump. Too be honest I think they thought Hillary would win. The rich and powerful are not concerned about which party since they own both. They do not own Trump though. They will use their media to destroy Trump if they can but if nothing else they will keep him from doing much of anything for the people. The rich and powerful still own the other 2/3 of our government and the media. They just need to be careful not expose themselves. Divide and control is the name of the game. That is how you stay on top. The rich and powerful have the most to lose. Personally I think we need to elect a bunch of young leaders locally where the parties have the least control. Unfortunately there are too many people who vote party and have no clue who is even running or what they stand for. I have worked the poles for a long time and see it first hand every election. What is really sad is that half the people don't vote and have no belief anything can be done about the situation.
    Corruption should be looked into by anyone in a free country without fear of consequences.

  7. #177
    Generally Inadvisable

    Checkerboard Strangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,883
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: DNC Needs To Replace Biden Now!

    Are you better off than you were four years ago?
    (I'll give you a minute to take off your mask so you can answer.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Jr View Post
    I'm willing to let you die and keep all my liberties, tho. We are not a team.

  8. #178
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    05-21-20 @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    27,644

    Re: DNC Needs To Replace Biden Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by jotathought View Post
    Because super delegates proportionally have more voting power than the voting population. Primaries/Caucuses have set number of delegates per state, meaning 100,000 voters could vote in the primaries to achieve a small number of delegates (for example, Wyoming has 3 delegates) and a super delegate counts as 1 delegate (and there are 430+ Democratic super delegates)
    So?

    Do you realize that if the Dems set the rules starting in 2024 to huddle in a dark room somewhere and emerge with their candidate, without holding a single primary, that would be perfectly legal and constitutional? There is nothing in the Constitution that mandates that political parties hold democratic primaries. Nothing.

    All these claims on the "DNC is rigged" spectrum are nothing more than opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    I fought my entire life for women
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Rights have no restrictions. Free speech isn't restricted in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    By August, this phony virus will be forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't support democracy. Never had. Never will.

  9. #179
    Sage
    Phys251's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    05-21-20 @ 06:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    27,644

    Re: DNC Needs To Replace Biden Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by PIPEWRENCH View Post
    Trump is clearly not a party puppet.
    You're right. It's the other way around. Republican politicians are too cowardly to stand up to trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by trixare4kids View Post
    I fought my entire life for women
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Rights have no restrictions. Free speech isn't restricted in any way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxical View Post
    By August, this phony virus will be forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't support democracy. Never had. Never will.

  10. #180
    Buttermilk Man
    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    05-01-20 @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    45,232

    Re: DNC Needs To Replace Biden Now!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    You're right. It's the other way around. Republican politicians are too cowardly to stand up to trump.
    there is no cause to stand against Trump, the right thing do so is to stand behind Trump.
    We are so screwed....ANNOUNCEMENT: Screwing Around Time is Officially Over.....It has to be.

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •