Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 463

Thread: Am I the only one who's noticed that republicans are sparing no expense to rescue the economy?

  1. #361
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,720

    Re: Am I the only one who's noticed that republicans are sparing no expense to rescue the economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    No...you haven't proven it. You've been proven wrong. As for my "pretend confusion", I think you missed the point being made there as well. Not surprising, considering how you don't even understand what you yourself are saying.
    wow FK, this is a big step for you. You're actually referencing what you posted in your first post. Sure you posted about me and the Bush Mortgage Bubble for 15 posts but you finally got here. And of course you claim I'm missed the point but oddly you didn't explain what your point was. Now that you're here, can you explain your point. Lets review
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    They passed a bunch of stimulus while Bush was still in office, just at the end, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    .
    Here's where I cleared up any possible "confusion" you might have had

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    anyhoo, I see your continued inability to grasp the facts extends to republicans’ purposely trying to sabotage the economy when President Obama was trying to prevent the Great Bush Depression. Let me bring you up to speed:

    Bush sent out one time checks in Q2 2008. Republicans generally voted with democrats for this. Then tarp came around and republicans started to not vote with democrats. Then with GDP collapsing at depression-esque levels and job losses breaking records, they started “worrying” about the deficit. And golly did you guys eat it up. they voted against Obama's stimulus and attacked anything that would help the economy. Oh and they voted against a job’s bill. I’m sure you’ve seen all this before just like I’m sure you’ve seen Bush’s policies that caused the Bush Mortgage Bubble. I'm just going to have to assume your ignorance is on purpose which makes it dishonest. I realize pretending not to know is all you can do to obediently flail at the facts but why is your agenda more important than your integrity?
    So now that we're all on the same page finally, can we discuss how republican actions for trump's stimulus is the same as Bush's stimulus (you seem to remember this one) but the complete opposite for President Obama's? Can you explain their convenient flip flops?
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    and I turn down more work than I accept to avoid hiring Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    What proof is there Qaddafi ordered or financed that bombing? ......Qaddafi had the integrity to fight with his military. I don't believe he used terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You claim the economy was destroyed when Bush left office

  2. #362
    User BajaGringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Location
    Baja California, Mexico
    Last Seen
    03-31-20 @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1

    Re: Am I the only one who's noticed that republicans are sparing no expense to rescue the economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Am I the only one who's noticed that republicans are sparing no expense to rescue the economy?
    They are sparing no expense to bail out corporate America and the 1% - the people who least need the financial assistance. The real people who need the help are the mom and pop business types and ultimately the millions of working class families; a significant percentage of who were laid off and the GOP tried hard to limit/reduce their benefits in this coronavirus bailout. Seems that my old party is still stuck on the fantasy of "trickle down economics", now relabled to "trickle down bailouts".

    When will they ever learn? It is not business or the 1% who are the real job creators but working class Americans themselves.

    Corporate America invests into business expansion and new hiring in response to an increase in demand for their products and services, not simply because they suddenly have more money in their bank accounts. We have seen plenty of evidence proving exactly that these past few decades where a series of tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy have only inflated their cash on hand numbers, not their employment rolls.

    It's only when you put additional cold hard cash into the pockets of working class people do they go out and spend on new flat screen TV's, refrigerators, lawn mowers, pickup trucks and new homes. And when that happens, business responds by investing and hiring to meet that consumer demand, not the other way around...
    Don't believe everything you think: TrumpVirus.org

  3. #363
    Educator
    dcaraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    955

    Re: Am I the only one who's noticed that republicans are sparing no expense to rescue the economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Isn't their bill hundreds of billions dollars less than the one proposed by Democrats?
    We haven't experienced anything like this double disaster. An out-of-control epidemic that has closed down our economy.
    Point is, we will need to spend whatever we need to spend in order to infuse employers of all sizes with the means to reopen and pay workers.
    Same goes for financially propping up individuals and families who lose their incomes. Unemployment may exceed 25% before we start to feel safe enough
    to return to work.

  4. #364
    Educator
    dcaraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    955

    Re: Am I the only one who's noticed that republicans are sparing no expense to rescue the economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by BajaGringo View Post
    They are sparing no expense to bail out corporate America and the 1% - the people who least need the financial assistance. The real people who need the help are the mom and pop business types and ultimately the millions of working class families; a significant percentage of who were laid off and the GOP tried hard to limit/reduce their benefits in this coronavirus bailout. Seems that my old party is still stuck on the fantasy of "trickle down economics", now relabled to "trickle down bailouts".

    When will they ever learn? It is not business or the 1% who are the real job creators but working class Americans themselves.

    Corporate America invests into business expansion and new hiring in response to an increase in demand for their products and services, not simply because they suddenly have more money in their bank accounts. We have seen plenty of evidence proving exactly that these past few decades where a series of tax breaks for corporations and the wealthy have only inflated their cash on hand numbers, not their employment rolls.

    It's only when you put additional cold hard cash into the pockets of working class people do they go out and spend on new flat screen TV's, refrigerators, lawn mowers, pickup trucks and new homes. And when that happens, business responds by investing and hiring to meet that consumer demand, not the other way around...
    WHY AM I A DEMOCRAT?

    I am a Biblical Christian who chooses to be a Democrat because I believe one of Christ Jesus's greatest teachings is His commandment that we are our brother's keeper,
    and for us to generously care for and love our neighbors--especially those who have little, or are most in need. It is obscene that our society increasingly caters to and does
    everything possible to enrich "The Luxury Investor Class" even as we attempt to reduce protections for the masses.

    Both political parties know they can tap the wealthy for contributions. Fortunately, the Democratic Party attempts to buffer the GOP's tendency to focus on
    the Luxury Investor Class. Dems more frequently push broader protections that support W2 workers, the working poor (try living on the average retailer wage), and the disabled.
    Too many well-off Republicans fight passing a $15 per hour minimum wage. They wrap themselves in the cloak of "family values" and "patriotism" while they eagerly support
    reducing social safety net spending, eliminating programs that enrich the poorest among us, or restricting healthcare protection because they themselves enjoy ample protection.

    As America faces our greatest crisis since World War Two, I hope and pray more of us will find the compassion and generosity to reach out and help those in need--regardless of their political beliefs.

  5. #365
    Educator
    dcaraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    955

    Re: Am I the only one who's noticed that republicans are sparing no expense to rescue the economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    1. I'm unaware of a "Great Bush Recession". I'm aware of a Great Democrat-created Housing Recession though.

    2. They passed a bunch of stimulus while Bush was still in office, just at the end, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

    You seem to struggle with basic historical realities.
    It is this level of denial that is so rampant across the Republican and Right landscape that makes constructive political discord next to impossible.

    FACT: The wheels came off the US financial and housing mortgage sectors in the final year of GWB's presidency.

    Feb 2008, Bush signed $168B Economic Stimulus Act of 2008. By July Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were bankrupt requiring a $187B bailout to save half of nation's mortgages.
    Country went into recession as federal checks took months to deliver. Only 20% of check recipients spent their checks--too little to stimulate economy.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    20,286

    Re: Am I the only one who's noticed that republicans are sparing no expense to rescue the economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by dcaraz View Post
    It is this level of denial that is so rampant across the Republican and Right landscape that makes constructive political discord next to impossible.

    FACT: The wheels came off the US financial and housing mortgage sectors in the final year of GWB's presidency.

    Feb 2008, Bush signed $168B Economic Stimulus Act of 2008. By July Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae were bankrupt requiring a $187B bailout to save half of nation's mortgages.
    Country went into recession as federal checks took months to deliver. Only 20% of check recipients spent their checks--too little to stimulate economy.
    yeah...I've debunked that so many times. It was the Dems that propped up Freddi and Fannie and the Dems who pushed the CRA to make banks loan to people who shouldn't have.
    “There are no self-proclaimed villains, only regiments of self-proclaimed saints. Victorious historians rule where good or evil lies.” ― Glen Cook, Chronicles of the Black Company

  7. #367
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,720

    Re: Am I the only one who's noticed that republicans are sparing no expense to rescue the economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    yeah...I've debunked that so many times. It was the Dems that propped up Freddi and Fannie and the Dems who pushed the CRA to make banks loan to people who shouldn't have.
    Oh look FK responds again to anything (real or imagined) concerning the Bush Mortgage Bubble. FK, why don't you respond to me asking you to explain your point from your first post. You posted it. I cleared up your pretend confusion. You finally responded 15 posts later to say "you missed the point". Now I've asked you to explain what your point was.

    and if you're feeling up to it, you could also respond to the non-thread related falsehoods you posted concerning Maxine and democrats. You "misparaphrased" what she said and you seem to be ignoring the republicans controlled congress. It just seems like you are avoiding an honest and intelligent discussion of the facts. You assured me your military record proves your courage so that only leaves dishonesty as the reasons you avoid the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    and I turn down more work than I accept to avoid hiring Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    What proof is there Qaddafi ordered or financed that bombing? ......Qaddafi had the integrity to fight with his military. I don't believe he used terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You claim the economy was destroyed when Bush left office

  8. #368
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:46 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    20,286

    Re: Am I the only one who's noticed that republicans are sparing no expense to rescue the economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Oh look FK responds again to anything (real or imagined) concerning the Bush Mortgage Bubble. FK, why don't you respond to me asking you to explain your point from your first post. You posted it. I cleared up your pretend confusion. You finally responded 15 posts later to say "you missed the point". Now I've asked you to explain what your point was.

    and if you're feeling up to it, you could also respond to the non-thread related falsehoods you posted concerning Maxine and democrats. You "misparaphrased" what she said and you seem to be ignoring the republicans controlled congress. It just seems like you are avoiding an honest and intelligent discussion of the facts. You assured me your military record proves your courage so that only leaves dishonesty as the reasons you avoid the facts.
    I've already smashed you on this so many times. I've even done it here again. Who's fixated on who?
    “There are no self-proclaimed villains, only regiments of self-proclaimed saints. Victorious historians rule where good or evil lies.” ― Glen Cook, Chronicles of the Black Company

  9. #369
    Sage
    Vern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    11,720

    Re: Am I the only one who's noticed that republicans are sparing no expense to rescue the economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    I've already smashed you on this so many times. I've even done it here again. Who's fixated on who?
    I just don't know how you define me exposing the falsehoods you've posted as you "smashing me". Anyhoo, I see you're back to being fixated on me to avoid discussing your very first post. Nothing prevents you from responding to both your thread related and non-thread related falsehoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    and I turn down more work than I accept to avoid hiring Americans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    What proof is there Qaddafi ordered or financed that bombing? ......Qaddafi had the integrity to fight with his military. I don't believe he used terrorists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You claim the economy was destroyed when Bush left office

  10. #370
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    65,533

    Re: Am I the only one who's noticed that republicans are sparing no expense to rescue the economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Oh look FK responds again to anything (real or imagined) concerning the Bush Mortgage Bubble. FK, why don't you respond to me asking you to explain your point from your first post. You posted it. I cleared up your pretend confusion. You finally responded 15 posts later to say "you missed the point". Now I've asked you to explain what your point was.

    and if you're feeling up to it, you could also respond to the non-thread related falsehoods you posted concerning Maxine and democrats. You "misparaphrased" what she said and you seem to be ignoring the republicans controlled congress. It just seems like you are avoiding an honest and intelligent discussion of the facts. You assured me your military record proves your courage so that only leaves dishonesty as the reasons you avoid the facts.
    Every time "Bush Mortgage Bubble" is written it displays ignorance of the origins of the problem.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •