Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75

Thread: Does anyone really believe Iranís top general personally orchestrated a terrorist attack?!?!

  1. #61
    Horrible Bastard Hamish Howl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Tucson
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    3,492

    Re: Does anyone really believe Iranís top general personally orchestrated a terrorist attack?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by lemmiwinx View Post
    Trump killed him personally
    Wait. What?
    Giraffes can't enjoy coffee because it's cold by the time it reaches their stomach. But you never think about that, because you only think about yourself.

  2. #62
    Horrible Bastard Hamish Howl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Tucson
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    3,492

    Re: Does anyone really believe Iranís top general personally orchestrated a terrorist attack?!?!

    And, yeah, I firmly believe that dude was involved in lots of attacks.

    He was a SOCOM-type nerd. That's what they DO.
    Giraffes can't enjoy coffee because it's cold by the time it reaches their stomach. But you never think about that, because you only think about yourself.

  3. #63
    Professor


    lemmiwinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,939

    Re: Does anyone really believe Iranís top general personally orchestrated a terrorist attack?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish Howl View Post
    Wait. What?
    I've been through this already Trump approved it personally he wasn't flying the drone. He could have but he has people to do that for him.

  4. #64
    Conservatarian

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,104

    Re: Does anyone really believe Iranís top general personally orchestrated a terrorist attack?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisBarca View Post
    WHAT?!?!

    Was the terrorist attack an entire war?!?!

    No it would be like swartzkopf entering a foreign nation under false pretenses. Then orchestrating the bombing of a building..

    That is in no way a job the head of a national military would personally do..

    He would order his black ops team to do it and make sure every Iranian military official has an alibi.


    Hell, the fact the top general was even in the same country imho points to the fact the Iranian government was not involved.

    If the Iranian government were planning a terrorist attack, wouldn’t you make sure your military bigwigs had alibis?!?!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So you are saying that the commander of Quds, indisputably in Syria as well as Iraq on prior occasions, couldn't have been in Iraq approving a new round of attacks on Americans and the embassy, while also arranging for the delivery of man portable ground to air missiles and Katushka (sp?) rockets.

    And how do you know this? Why, you say, because proper generals don't do such tawdry things. The very idea that a military leader of a covert military group might meet with subordinates and allied terrorists to plot wrong-doing is just unthinkable, its not what a gentlemanly General does (I guess he is supposed to be golfing). To even meet with his own men means he is a Nick Fury, right?

    Frankly, if your post was intended as satirizing the whack-a-doodle excuse making and laughable rationalizations of the anti-war crowd you've done a bang up job. If not, no one here has the medical credentials to help you.
    Last edited by maxparrish; 01-09-20 at 09:34 PM.

  5. #65
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    938

    Re: Does anyone really believe Iranís top general personally orchestrated a terrorist attack?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by bave View Post
    Erm, you understanding Soleimani was not the head of the military, correct? He was the commanding officer of the Quds force, which was a part of the IRGC, which is a part of the overall Iranian military. He was several notches down from the head of the military. He was popular and well known, but he was not the equivalent of Colin Powell in 91.

    Go read about the Iranian order of battle.
    If that is the case I apologize . The stories I have seen have sold him as if he were the head of the military.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #66
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    529

    Re: Does anyone really believe Iranís top general personally orchestrated a terrorist attack?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by ArtemisBarca View Post
    If that is the case I apologize . The stories I have seen have sold him as if he were the head of the military.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fair enough, most people don't follow military hierarchies around the world. He was the head of Quds, a relatively small (20,000 personnel) portion of the overall Iranian military. It is just that this Quds force is responsible for most of their covert international operations (read: terrorism) and causes the most problems for everyone else. It is also relatively high profile.

    It is sort of like the head of JSOC. Not at the top of the US military food chain, but gets a lot of press for major operations that come off as pretty cool. To your analogy killing Soleimani would be much more equivalent with killing a General McCrystal when he was the of JSOC. We would have gone absolutely bonkers if they did that, yes.

  7. #67
    Sage

    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,811

    Re: Does anyone really believe Iranís top general personally orchestrated a terrorist attack?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by lemmiwinx View Post
    I've been through this already Trump approved it personally he wasn't flying the drone. He could have but he has people to do that for him.
    A838F713-6ADE-421A-8D83-7C2F062CCB76.jpg
    ďEveryone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. Ē - George Carlin
    ĒI know, everybody funny, now you funny too.Ē -George Thorogood

  8. #68
    Professor


    lemmiwinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,939

    Re: Does anyone really believe Iranís top general personally orchestrated a terrorist attack?!?!

    Classic. Beyond classic actually.


  9. #69
    Horrible Bastard Hamish Howl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Tucson
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    3,492

    Re: Does anyone really believe Iranís top general personally orchestrated a terrorist attack?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by lemmiwinx View Post
    I've been through this already Trump approved it personally he wasn't flying the drone. He could have but he has people to do that for him.
    When you say that someone personally killed someone, that is taken to mean that they themselves personally killed someone.
    Giraffes can't enjoy coffee because it's cold by the time it reaches their stomach. But you never think about that, because you only think about yourself.

  10. #70
    Professor


    lemmiwinx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,939

    Re: Does anyone really believe Iranís top general personally orchestrated a terrorist attack?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish Howl View Post
    When you say that someone personally killed someone, that is taken to mean that they themselves personally killed someone.
    I guess we have different definitions. If I say I personally mailed you a letter I don't mean I flew the plane to your city and drove the mail truck down your street and put it in your mailbox.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •