Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Will the Gutless Spineless GOP accept the LIES?

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    116,300

    Will the Gutless Spineless GOP accept the LIES?

    The Whte House and Donald Trump today attempted to solve all their problems in two short hours.

    1 - Trump is a diplomatic hero who should win the Next Nobel Peace Prize and is saving millions of lives and screw the reality that he caused all this in the first place.

    2- Trump is saving the nation millions of dollars by having the next G7 at his own country club and screw the emoluments clause and the people who wrote it.

    3 - Yes there was a quid pro quo with the Ukraine phone call but its okay and legal because it was not for the political reason you thought it was. And forget the reality that we just thought of this today and just made it up today.

    4- Yes Rudy Giuliani was working outside the usual channels in established foreign policy and you might not like it or may not like Rudy himself but its okay cause he was doing it for the President.

    This is all such a massive mountain of steaming reeking bull crap that it stinks hundreds of miles away for Washington.

    Now my one question: are there are cowardly, spineless and gutless Republicans who are seriously going to accept all this newly minted crap after all these weeks of denials and evasions?

    Answer: every damned one of them. An their apologists who enable them will accept and defend it also.

    We have truly fallen down the rabbit hole as a country and as a people.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #2
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    No longer Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,344

    Re: Will the Gutless Spineless GOP accept the LIES?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The Whte House and Donald Trump today attempted to solve all their problems in two short hours.

    1 - Trump is a diplomatic hero who should win the Next Nobel Peace Prize and is saving millions of lives and screw the reality that he caused all this in the first place.

    2- Trump is saving the nation millions of dollars by having the next G7 at his own country club and screw the emoluments clause and the people who wrote it.

    3 - Yes there was a quid pro quo with the Ukraine phone call but its okay and legal because it was not for the political reason you thought it was. And forget the reality that we just thought of this today and just made it up today.

    4- Yes Rudy Giuliani was working outside the usual channels in established foreign policy and you might not like it or may not like Rudy himself but its okay cause he was doing it for the President.

    This is all such a massive mountain of steaming reeking bull crap that it stinks hundreds of miles away for Washington.

    Now my one question: are there are cowardly, spineless and gutless Republicans who are seriously going to accept all this newly minted crap after all these weeks of denials and evasions?

    Answer: every damned one of them. An their apologists who enable them will accept and defend it also.

    We have truly fallen down the rabbit hole as a country and as a people.
    Yes, they will, and they'll beg for more while kneeling in supplication.

    The GOP has been essentially a crime syndicate since about Gingrich.
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

  3. #3
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    54,908

    Re: Will the Gutless Spineless GOP accept the LIES?

    So why isn't Hillary running again when we really need her sage leadership skills?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #4
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    13,445

    Re: Will the Gutless Spineless GOP accept the LIES?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The Whte House and Donald Trump today attempted to solve all their problems in two short hours.

    1 - Trump is a diplomatic hero who should win the Next Nobel Peace Prize and is saving millions of lives and screw the reality that he caused all this in the first place.

    2- Trump is saving the nation millions of dollars by having the next G7 at his own country club and screw the emoluments clause and the people who wrote it.

    3 - Yes there was a quid pro quo with the Ukraine phone call but its okay and legal because it was not for the political reason you thought it was. And forget the reality that we just thought of this today and just made it up today.

    4- Yes Rudy Giuliani was working outside the usual channels in established foreign policy and you might not like it or may not like Rudy himself but its okay cause he was doing it for the President.

    This is all such a massive mountain of steaming reeking bull crap that it stinks hundreds of miles away for Washington.

    Now my one question: are there are cowardly, spineless and gutless Republicans who are seriously going to accept all this newly minted crap after all these weeks of denials and evasions?

    Answer: every damned one of them. An their apologists who enable them will accept and defend it also.

    We have truly fallen down the rabbit hole as a country and as a people.
    I can only explain this phenomenon by assuming that they're all suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

    What is Stockholm syndrome? - BBC News

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    116,300

    Re: Will the Gutless Spineless GOP accept the LIES?

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    I can only explain this phenomenon by assuming that they're all suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

    What is Stockholm syndrome? - BBC News
    While that explanation might fit some - I think it is far worse and far more simple: they know they are being lied to but will accept the lie to protect their own asses and jobs and keep riding on the gravy train.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #6
    Social Democrat
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    36,922

    Re: Will the Gutless Spineless GOP accept the LIES?

    Quote Originally Posted by HumblePi View Post
    I can only explain this phenomenon by assuming that they're all suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

    What is Stockholm syndrome? - BBC News
    Not all of us. Just Trump supporters.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  7. #7
    Social Democrat
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    36,922

    Re: Will the Gutless Spineless GOP accept the LIES?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    While that explanation might fit some - I think it is far worse and far more simple: they know they are being lied to but will accept the lie to protect their own asses and jobs and keep riding on the gravy train.
    I think this follows to many supporters, as well. They are consistently told how absolutely great the country is doing, and that it's all because of Trump. Quite a few believe it. They have come to believe the propaganda put to them the economy will crash under the Dems, regardless of the factual evidence to the contrary.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    116,300

    Re: Will the Gutless Spineless GOP accept the LIES?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Not all of us. Just Trump supporters.
    For 33 years I taught Government and US History in the public school system. I am now questioning if many of the important things I taught those thousands and thousands of children were fairy tales that have no basis in reality.

    I taught them about the sacredness of the Law. That is going down the crapper.

    I taught them about the principles of the nation. Now we have a President who publicly pisses on those same principles all the time.

    I taught the kids about the norms that kept us free and now Trump violates those norms and proudly beats his chest that he does.

    And I taught them about checks and balances never dreaming that one political party - the Republicans - would decide a Republican President and their own survival dependent of his base is far far far more important than in exercising their Constitutional duties and powers.

    It is all turning to crap and it is being done right in public on TV right before our very eyes.

    And unless the Republicans in the Senate have a St. Paul and the Road to Damascus moment, its all nothing we are going to do about it and Trump will get away with it and our country will forever be weaker and our institutions badly damaged.

    Dante would give them a very special place in his Inferno.
    Last edited by haymarket; 10-17-19 at 05:38 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #9
    Social Democrat
    Chomsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Third Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    36,922

    Re: Will the Gutless Spineless GOP accept the LIES?

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    For 33 years I taught Government and US History in the public school system. I am now questioning if many of the important things I taught those thousands and thousands of children were fairy tales that have no basis in reality.

    I taught them about the sacredness of the Law. That is going down the crapper.

    I taught them about the principles of the nation. Now we have a President who publicly pisses on those same principles all the time.

    I taught the kids about the norms that kept us free and now Trump violates those norms and proudly beats his chest that he does.

    And I taught them about checks and balances never dreaming that one political party - the Republicans - would decide a Republican President and their own survival dependent of his base is far far far more important than in exercising their Constitutional duties and powers.

    It is all turning to crap and it is being done right in public on TV right before our very eyes.

    And unless the Republicans in the Senate have a St. Paul and the Road to Damascus moment, its all nothing we are going to do about it and Trump will get away with it and our country will forever be weaker and our institutions badly damaged.

    Dante would give them a very special place in his Inferno.
    Agreed 100%. And well said!

    Besides the obvious damage to democracy & our reputation, the most cruel damage might be the damage done to our young childrens' minds. The kids are having trump tell them and show them everything their parents tell them is wrong. And while the kids see their parents earning 1 or 2 hundred K to have an honorable middle-class life, they see Trump with his golden toilets and mansions attained through lies & deceit. This has got to be really messing with the kids' heads.
    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

    The 10 Commandments of Logic - (Courtesy of Abbazorkzog Blog)

  10. #10
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    116,300

    Re: Will the Gutless Spineless GOP accept the LIES?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
    Agreed 100%. And well said!

    Besides the obvious damage to democracy & our reputation, the most cruel damage might be the damage done to our young childrens' minds. The kids are having trump tell them and show them everything their parents tell them is wrong. And while the kids see their parents earning 1 or 2 hundred K to have an honorable middle-class life, they see Trump with his golden toilets and mansions attained through lies & deceit. This has got to be really messing with the kids' heads.
    Trump is corrupting children in much as Chester the Molester is doing. And it is a damn shame.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •