Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 311

Thread: We Need to Talk about Joe Biden

  1. #301
    Sage
    Tangmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Seaview Tower 5 Condo 2602
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,594

    Re: We Need to Talk about Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I'm not the one spewing far out claims that we are all soon going to become Russian citizens.
    Making America Russia Instead




    Anyone who can't ream these guys for this is more than suspect himself. And far too many Republicans / Conservatives don't take these guys on for being the asshats they are. Too many are like 'em besides.
    The Republican - Conservative - Libertarian Rightist Axis: Making America Russia and China Instead

  2. #302
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,999

    Re: We Need to Talk about Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    Trump said U.S. Steel had plans to open 6 new plants. They denied it. Now they're shuttering some plants. Does that count as dishonesty?

    Trump said he was Michigan Man of the Year. There is no such award. Does that count as dishonesty?

    Trump has repeatedly claimed his father was born in Germany. Is that dishonesty or senility?
    Is that a lie that US Steel didn't open 6 new plants or Trump being misinformed? Why doesn't anyone try to find out why Trump thought US Steel was going to expand? Michigan man of the year isn't an award, I presume, but is Trump implying he's Michigan man of the year 'cause he's the first GOP in how many years to win Michigan in a presidential election? Could Trump (or you) be mistaking the phrase 'came from Germany (father's ancestors came from Germany)' with 'Trump's father being born in Germany'?
    "Elitism is not just for the rich and powerful. Elitism is everywhere. The cry of the 'Nouveau-elite' is: You can't be racist but I can be racist. You can't be sexist but I can be sexist. You can't be fascist but I can act like a fascist and fascism only happens on the right." 01/09/19

  3. #303
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    35,936

    Re: We Need to Talk about Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    The problem with you is you can't honestly admit the extent to which Trump has contributed to his own bad press.

    He began his presidency lying about petty things like crowd sizes.

    By now, you've seen Trump enough to know that "exaggerating" and lying are his thing.

    It's like me saying, "I have the most posts on this forum every." That's Trump. He just says stuff even when you can easily determine he's lying.

    You guys can remain in your little bubble of denial but Biden is up on Trump big. Trump's approval is in the cellar and its getting worse. Most people see him lying all the time and they're tired of it.
    I don't give a **** what Trump says. All I care about is how the country is running vs how it could have run under Hillary. Trump is doing a great job. Let him tell as many irrelevant white lies as he wants. I could care less about his bragging of crowd sizes or how many lines he draws on a weather map.

  4. #304
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    35,936

    Re: We Need to Talk about Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangmo View Post
    Maybe you should have tried to join Trump at Camp David with the Taliban.

    Tell 'em how you might rather to be castrated than be a Democrat or a democrat. I'm guessing here of course. Probably. I'd like to think I'm guessing.

    It got called off as we know. It wasn't for lack of interest it got called off but rather a lot of outrage. We know of course Ol' Joe wouldn't ever conceive of any such thing. Nor would anyone else in his right mind conceive of it. Only Trump. And only his rowers would break their backs for it.
    Nancy Pelosi & Trump Impeachment -- Partisan Hate Is Becoming a National Crisis | National Review

  5. #305
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,999

    Re: We Need to Talk about Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangmo View Post
    Maybe you should have tried to join Trump at Camp David with the Taliban.

    Tell 'em how you might rather to be castrated than be a Democrat or a democrat. I'm guessing here of course. Probably. I'd like to think I'm guessing.

    It got called off as we know. It wasn't for lack of interest it got called off but rather a lot of outrage. We know of course Ol' Joe wouldn't ever conceive of any such thing. Nor would anyone else in his right mind conceive of it. Only Trump. And only his rowers would break their backs for it.
    On this side note, why should the US military continue to be involved in Afghanistan? The US could prop up 'allies of the US' in Afghanistan like they did with OBL in Afghanistan in the 1980s against Russia and in the late part of the first decade of the 21st century by sending advisors and weapons to villages to defend themselves against, for example, the Taliban.
    "Elitism is not just for the rich and powerful. Elitism is everywhere. The cry of the 'Nouveau-elite' is: You can't be racist but I can be racist. You can't be sexist but I can be sexist. You can't be fascist but I can act like a fascist and fascism only happens on the right." 01/09/19

  6. #306
    Sage
    SonOfDaedalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,410

    Re: We Need to Talk about Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    I don't give a **** what Trump says. All I care about is how the country is running vs how it could have run under Hillary. Trump is doing a great job. Let him tell as many irrelevant white lies as he wants. I could care less about his bragging of crowd sizes or how many lines he draws on a weather map.
    In other words, you don't care that he lies. At least you're being honest.

    But I think you're being shortsighted. He's your guy so you're fine with him lying but what happens when someone else is in office from the opposing party? Is it OK that they lie?

    And isn't the government lying to its citizens a dangerous situation? Isn't that how authoritarianism begins? Where do you draw the lines on what lies are acceptable?

    Trump says he never said he would meet Iran's leaders without preconditions. He says the media is fake news and lying about that. Is that true? Was he ever Michigan Man of the Year? Is U.S. Steel building 6 new plants? Did he give the military a raise? Is China paying the tariffs?

    To save democracy you have to be willing to lose an election rather than support a government that openly lies to you. Otherwise, it's just a downward spiral.

  7. #307
    Sage
    SonOfDaedalus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,410

    Re: We Need to Talk about Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by cabse5 View Post
    Is that a lie that US Steel didn't open 6 new plants or Trump being misinformed? Why doesn't anyone try to find out why Trump thought US Steel was going to expand? Michigan man of the year isn't an award, I presume, but is Trump implying he's Michigan man of the year 'cause he's the first GOP in how many years to win Michigan in a presidential election? Could Trump (or you) be mistaking the phrase 'came from Germany (father's ancestors came from Germany)' with 'Trump's father being born in Germany'?
    Trump said that the CEO of U.S. Steel called him and told him they were going to open 6 new plants. He repeatedly said that. Sometimes it was 7 new plants. He couldn't keep his story straight.

    The press asked U.S. Steel and they clearly said they never told Trump that. And now we see they're closing some plants.

    Michigan Man of the Year: Trump said he won the "Michigan Man of the Year" award. A long time ago Trump gives a speech where he admits that sometimes he gives himself awards and claims he received the awards. It's not a lie because he did give himself the award.



    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Trump
    I hear good things about how Australia’s been run. You just had your financial genius just got an award. I don’t know who gives him that award, maybe he gave it to himself. I give myself awards all the time. And then I announce, I just received an award. There’s nothing deceptive about it.
    Last edited by SonOfDaedalus; 09-17-19 at 04:25 PM.

  8. #308
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    35,936

    Re: We Need to Talk about Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDaedalus View Post
    In other words, you don't care that he lies. At least you're being honest.

    But I think you're being shortsighted. He's your guy so you're fine with him lying but what happens when someone else is in office from the opposing party? Is it OK that they lie?

    And isn't the government lying to its citizens a dangerous situation? Isn't that how authoritarianism begins? Where do you draw the lines on what lies are acceptable?

    Trump says he never said he would meet Iran's leaders without preconditions. He says the media is fake news and lying about that. Is that true? Was he ever Michigan Man of the Year? Is U.S. Steel building 6 new plants? Did he give the military a raise? Is China paying the tariffs?

    To save democracy you have to be willing to lose an election rather than support a government that openly lies to you. Otherwise, it's just a downward spiral.
    The lying he does is all irrelevant. Who the hell cares about crowd size or lines drawn on a weather map?

  9. #309
    WatchesLeftiesFlee
    Oborosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Heflin, Alabama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,941

    Re: We Need to Talk about Joe Biden

    Quote Originally Posted by Tangmo View Post
    Making America Russia Instead




    Anyone who can't ream these guys for this is more than suspect himself. And far too many Republicans / Conservatives don't take these guys on for being the asshats they are. Too many are like 'em besides.
    And too many so called progressives are like this guy..
    220px-Richard_goldberg1.jpg
    What's your point?

    Trying to make a point with people wearing shirts that are obviously trolling those on the left. Does not actually make a point at all.
    Why do they run?
    Because they have no choice son, such is the way of cowards.
    But even a cornered rat, with no choice, will fight.
    Yes my son, and that should tell you more than you need to know about the coward.

  10. #310
    The Anti**Machiavellian
    Abbazorkzog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Post-Societal Collapse
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:08 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,169
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: We Need to Talk about Joe Biden

    WTF? I came into this thread thinking it was about Joe Biden or something...?

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •