Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 233

Thread: What progressives should know about Trump voters

  1. #181
    Sage
    ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,120

    Re: What progressives should know about Trump voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    Which only shows the depths of today's Democrats' isolation from the America envisioned by the founders.

    There was not supposed to be such a thing as a political "career" -- a state would send someone to Washington (or the country would elect a president) to serve a term or two in Congress, then they'd go back to whatever they were doing before, in the private sector and someone else would be elected to take their place. That way, we wouldn't have a permanent ruling class who've been in Congress so long they've lost touch with the people they're there to serve.

    Unlike the whores career politicians who've already been in the House and Senate for over two decades, President Trump does not have a "political career," in fact he's not even a politician. He's exactly what the founders wanted -- a private citizen who felt he could make positive contributions as POTUS, ran for office, got elected and, after two terms, will return to the private sector.

    Perhaps it's because today's Democrats are so tuned in to morphing our republic into a totalitarian (and say whatever you wish, but that's exactly what we'll end up with if they get their way -- unfortunately, most of these people aren't, as they say, being careful what they wish for) socialist state, which would be -- again, inevitably -- run by elitists who would be there a very long time, that they feel completely at home with the idea of a "political career."

    Since none of what today's Democrats represent is even remotely related to what the founders created, the idea of term limits likely generates total indifference to the majority of them. Hence, mistakenly referring to Trump's eight year stint as president as a "political career."

    Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    Oh please.

    Trump got himself elected based on the foundation of the birtherism lie. That was his shtick to get into the political world. Such demagoguery and race baiting was the very foundation of his popularity with his base: a lie which you so aptly described as rotten.

    Spare us the founding fathers bit. Donald Trump has created a cult like following and is out to make himself emperor and prophet of god. They are rolling in their graves.
    Last edited by ataraxia; 07-04-19 at 06:30 AM.

  2. #182
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    86,710

    Re: What progressives should know about Trump voters

    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2 View Post
    Let's get back to critiquing the posted opinion piece. "What Progressives should know about Trump voters.
    The title implies there will be information helpful for Democrats in understanding conservatives. So what should Democrats know?

    #1 Trump voters like the economy and the way Trump has has handled trade. OK Democrats already knew that.


    #2. Democrats need to know that Trump voters think Democrats are culturally biased, don't play fair and have news sources like the NYT that lie, unlike Hannity and Limbaugh who tell the truth. The especially want Democrats to know they are really pissed off because the media showed pictures of Kavanaugh's melt down and some Trump teens being obnoxious. OK Democrats already know that, too.
    What Democrats don't understand is why conservatives are suffering a snowflake moment over Jussie Smollett . Jussie pulled a really stupid trick and is paying for it. Why do conservatives continue to beat this dead horse?

    #3 Trump voters want Democrats to know that they think Trump will win in 2020. OK, not news; we also knew that.


    #4 Trump voters want Democrats to know that even if Trump is crude and rude they still really like his genuineness. Yup we already knew that

    #5 Trump voter want Democrats to know that they admire the way he never changes, just keeps going and has never had a melt-down moment. Yup ditto above.

    #6 Democrats should know that Trump voters are really pissed that some very visible people are trying to impeach him. And they so admire him for "weathering the unprecedent vitriol" Yeah we know but we're not too sympathetic since you spent 8 years of hate and unprecedented vitriol against President Obama.

    #7 see #4.

    #8 Democrats need to know that people shouldn't be smart and educated because it makes Trump voters feel bad about themselves. Well Democrats never heard it put quite that way but OK now that we know how you feel we'll kill all the intelligent and well educated Democrats for you so conservatives can feel superior with out going to the trouble to get educated. Fair enough (snicker) but you are going to have to explain all this to the smart and educated Democrats.

    #9Trump voters want Democrats to know they think Trump is a stable genius and his family is above reproach. OK that's interesting to know. How do we act on that now that we know?

    #10 And last of all Trump voters want Democrats to know that Trump is the equal of JFK, Bill Clinton, or Barack Obama when it comes to addressing a crowd. And Democrats want Trump voters to know that they are delusional if they think Trump is anything other than cheerleader winding up a sympathetic crowd.


    So It's not a very enlightening opinion piece since Democrats already know all of that. Tell us something we don't know about Trump supporters.
    Good, then there is no reason to have the election since the Democrats know they are going to lose again, when can we expect them to get back to their roots and away from their radical supporters?

  3. #183
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    86,710

    Re: What progressives should know about Trump voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    Radical trumpublicans donít get to Lee Atwaterize what a Pro and Patriotic American is, least of all the cowardly liar and conman in chief who appeals to phony, hypocritical evangelicals.
    You have bought the media marketing of Trump, hook, line, and sinker. The results speak for themselves as does your hatred and ignorance of those results. Pro Americans??? No, don't think so, you respect the office not the person in it and the results generated not your perception. Went to a 4th of July concert last night and had my father who was at Pearl Harbor and my father in law at Normandy recognized along with hundreds of other PATRIOTIC Americans who served this country go give you the opportunity to make an ass out of yourself and the freedom to hate it. Trump has done nothing to hurt you, your family or the country as the actual results show

  4. #184
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    07-05-19 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    435

    Re: What progressives should know about Trump voters

    Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post
    Oh please.

    Trump got himself elected based on the foundation of the birtherism lie. That was his shtick to get into the political world. Such demagoguery and race baiting was the very foundation of his popularity with his base: a lie which you so aptly described as rotten.

    Spare us the founding fathers bit. Donald Trump has created a cult like following and is out to make himself emperor and prophet of god. They are rolling in their graves.
    I hate to break this to you, but the "birther" bit had little if anything to do with anyone voting for Trump.

    Unlike Obama and (a profoundly corrupt) Hillary, Trump spoke to the middle class, who were totally ignored for eight years by Obama -- yeah, yeah... I know, but there's a difference between telling people what you think is "good for them" and listening to what they know they need, and "progressives" are very good at deciding others' needs for them. Trump listened.

    You portside pundits just don't get it, but that's fine -- when President Trump begins his second term in January 2021, Nancy, Chuck and the rest of that lefty lot will be relegated to the nosebleed seats in both the House and Senate, where they belong.

    Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

  5. #185
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    584

    Re: What progressives should know about Trump voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    I hate to break this to you, but the "birther" bit had little if anything to do with anyone voting for Trump.

    Unlike Obama and (a profoundly corrupt) Hillary, Trump spoke to the middle class, who were totally ignored for eight years by Obama -- yeah, yeah... I know, but there's a difference between telling people what you think is "good for them" and listening to what they know they need, and "progressives" are very good at deciding others' needs for them. Trump listened.

    You portside pundits just don't get it, but that's fine -- when President Trump begins his second term in January 2021, Nancy, Chuck and the rest of that lefty lot will be relegated to the nosebleed seats in both the House and Senate, where they belong.

    Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

    A country needs the balance of two strong parties in order for democracy to function as it should. Hoping to relegate Democrats to a position where they have no voice in government is the hope of a fascist not a patriot.


    Trump may well earn another term but not because he has supported democracy or made the Republican Party more relevant, but because the wealthy have benefitted greatly at the expense of financial and environmental fairness to the rest of the country. They will make huge contributions to his campaign. The undereducated will vote for him because they can be conned into believing that "pay-back" is better than their economic security.

  6. #186
    Conservatarian Guru
    Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    12,226

    Re: What progressives should know about Trump voters

    Quote Originally Posted by ataraxia View Post
    That was the very foundation of Trump’s entire political career.
    Bull****. Trump's political career can be laid at the feet of the loony left who forgot they were the party of the people and began being the party of the imaginary victims' groups. When they became more dedicated to forcing people to bake gay wedding cakes, and dictating males could shower with women if they "identified as women" they lost ordinary working American families. That's the basis of Trump's political career - he delivers to the "great unwashed" that leftists fly over.
    State of Liberalism Progress Report
    1961: "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" - JFK
    2019: Where's my free stuff!

  7. #187
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Seen
    07-05-19 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    435

    Re: What progressives should know about Trump voters

    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2 View Post
    A country needs the balance of two strong parties in order for democracy to function as it should. Hoping to relegate Democrats to a position where they have no voice in government is the hope of a fascist not a patriot.


    Trump may well earn another term but not because he has supported democracy or made the Republican Party more relevant, but because the wealthy have benefitted greatly at the expense of financial and environmental fairness to the rest of the country. They will make huge contributions to his campaign. The undereducated will vote for him because they can be conned into believing that "pay-back" is better than their economic security.
    Tell that to a few million people who are off of food stamps and back to work, with more of the same to come.

    Tell that to numerous employers who can't even fill the new positions they've created and are upping salaries, wages and benefits to be more competitive.

    Tell that to those middle class families that can now double the standard deduction on their tax returns.

    For the rich, you say?

    Tell that to all those rich folks who, unlike the middle class, pay high five and six digits in city and state income taxes and are no longer able to write off more than $10k of it on their federal returns....

    ....many of whom I hear are now moving out of those high-tax, "progressive" run states and relocating to the significantly lower taxed environments of conservative states to avoid those smothering local taxes they'd now have to eat themselves.


    Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

  8. #188
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    584

    Re: What progressives should know about Trump voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    Tell that to a few million people who are off of food stamps and back to work, with more of the same to come.

    Tell that to numerous employers who can't even fill the new positions they've created and are upping salaries, wages and benefits to be more competitive.

    Tell that to those middle class families that can now double the standard deduction on their tax returns.

    For the rich, you say?

    Tell that to all those rich folks who, unlike the middle class, pay high five and six digits in city and state income taxes and are no longer able to write off more than $10k of it on their federal returns....

    ....many of whom I hear are now moving out of those high-tax, "progressive" run states and relocating to the significantly lower taxed environments of conservative states to avoid those smothering local taxes they'd now have to eat themselves.


    Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk


    "Tell that to a few million people who are off of food stamps and back to work, with more of the same to come."

    (from Fact Check2/5/19)
    WASHINGTON (AP) — A look at President Donald Trump’s statement Tuesday night on food stamps and how it compares with the facts:

    TRUMP, describing progress over the last two years: “Nearly 5 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps.”
    THE FACTS: The number of people receiving food stamps actually hasn’t declined that much.
    Government data show there were 44.2 million people participating in the Supplemental Nutrition and Assistance Program in 2016, before Trump took office.
    In 2018, there were 40.3 million people participating in SNAP. That’s a decline of 3.9 million, not the 5 million that Trump talked about.
    The number of people participating in the SNAP program peaked in 2013 and has been going down since that time.

    https://fns-prod.azureedge.net/sites...NAPsummary.pdf

  9. #189
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    584

    Re: What progressives should know about Trump voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    Tell that to a few million people who are off of food stamps and back to work, with more of the same to come.

    Tell that to numerous employers who can't even fill the new positions they've created and are upping salaries, wages and benefits to be more competitive.

    Tell that to those middle class families that can now double the standard deduction on their tax returns.

    For the rich, you say?

    Tell that to all those rich folks who, unlike the middle class, pay high five and six digits in city and state income taxes and are no longer able to write off more than $10k of it on their federal returns....

    ....many of whom I hear are now moving out of those high-tax, "progressive" run states and relocating to the significantly lower taxed environments of conservative states to avoid those smothering local taxes they'd now have to eat themselves.


    Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk


    "Tell that to numerous employers who can't even fill the new positions they've created and are upping salaries, wages and benefits to be more competitive."

    How real is Trump's jobs 'miracle'? - BBC News
    Last edited by weaver2; 07-05-19 at 12:11 PM.

  10. #190
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,627
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: What progressives should know about Trump voters

    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2 View Post
    "Tell that to numerous employers who can't even fill the new positions they've created and are upping salaries, wages and benefits to be more competitive."
    fyi, many food stamp recipients have jobs.

    They're just jobs which don't pay enough to keep them from qualifying for food stamps

    I may be wrong.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •