Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Cohens secret weapon in Congress

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106,600

    Cohens secret weapon in Congress

    On February 7th, Michael Cohen will testify before the House Oversight Committee chaired by Elijah Cummings. That should be good. Heck, it should be great. Trumps fixer spills his gas before the nation. This should be better than the Super Bowl and will garner a huge audience.

    One of the things which will make it even better is that Cohen will get a big assist from the Dems secret weapon on the committee - ranking Republican member Jim Jordan of Ohio.

    For those not familiar with him, Jordan is what is politely known as a horses ass. When he get angry - and that is often - he gets surly and rude and abrasive and totally in your face ugly. This should play out wonderfully on national TV with a huge audience of people who want more information about the Russias scandal.

    No doubt Jordan will see his role as the macho knight in shining armor who will bring Cohen down as a LIAR before the nation and reduce him to quivering jelly. Jordan is just the egomaniac to believe he can do this. So Jordan will be rude and crude and lewd with Cohen and will dare Cummings to muzzle him and tell him to go lie down at his dish.

    The best thing Cummings can do is give Jordan all the rope he wants and then watch as Jordan offends the nation with his bully boy routine.

    This is going to be wonderful in oh so many ways.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #2
    Buttermilk Man

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    41,833

    Re: Cohens secret weapon in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    On February 7th, Michael Cohen will testify before the House Oversight Committee chaired by Elijah Cummings. That should be good. Heck, it should be great. Trumps fixer spills his gas before the nation. This should be better than the Super Bowl and will garner a huge audience.

    One of the things which will make it even better is that Cohen will get a big assist from the Dems secret weapon on the committee - ranking Republican member Jim Jordan of Ohio.

    For those not familiar with him, Jordan is what is politely known as a horses ass. When he get angry - and that is often - he gets surly and rude and abrasive and totally in your face ugly. This should play out wonderfully on national TV with a huge audience of people who want more information about the Russias scandal.

    No doubt Jordan will see his role as the macho knight in shining armor who will bring Cohen down as a LIAR before the nation and reduce him to quivering jelly. Jordan is just the egomaniac to believe he can do this. So Jordan will be rude and crude and lewd with Cohen and will dare Cummings to muzzle him and tell him to go lie down at his dish.

    The best thing Cummings can do is give Jordan all the rope he wants and then watch as Jordan offends the nation with his bully boy routine.

    This is going to be wonderful in oh so many ways.
    After all of the disappointments over the last few years I still find you batting for the fences....

    Gotta wonder about the wisdom in that.
    My heart breaks for America......The future is going to be so much suck....Because the people mostly never cared enough to get educated.

  3. #3
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon

    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,994
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Cohens secret weapon in Congress

    What is Cohens testimony likely to change?

    Some liberals will slobber over his every word if he levels all sorts of nasty **** at Trump.

    Trumpites will disregard his every word as slander meant to save himself.

    Smarter people will take what he says with a grain of salt since he committed perjury before, he needs corroborating evidence to go along with whatever he says.

    But ultimately nothing will change.

    If he’s telling the truth, Trump supporters have been trained and their brains are hardened to ignore ANYTHING that is negative about the President.

  4. #4
    Know Collusion
    Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    11,125

    Re: Cohens secret weapon in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    What is Cohens testimony likely to change?

    Some liberals will slobber over his every word if he levels all sorts of nasty **** at Trump.

    Trumpites will disregard his every word as slander meant to save himself.

    Smarter people will take what he says with a grain of salt since he committed perjury before, he needs corroborating evidence to go along with whatever he says.

    But ultimately nothing will change.

    If he’s telling the truth, Trump supporters have been trained and their brains are hardened to ignore ANYTHING that is negative about the President.
    Trump supporters don't care. Even if Trump is guilty of colluding his ass off, they would rather that get covered up and locked away. You know why? To save face.

    They've spent the last really 3 years, defending the indefensible. Now, they are one with it. That whole staring into the abyss thing that Nietzsche spoke on.
    Hurricanes are tremendously wet from the standpoint of water.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShangles View Post
    Itís all according to who they ask those questions, some collage full of liberals?
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    The Bolsheviks have taken over the House and are on target to assassinate the sitting US President.

  5. #5
    Buttermilk Man

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    41,833

    Re: Cohens secret weapon in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Trump supporters don't care. Even if Trump is guilty of colluding his ass off, they would rather that get covered up and locked away. You know why? To save face.

    They've spent the last really 3 years, defending the indefensible. Now, they are one with it. That whole staring into the abyss thing that Nietzsche spoke on.
    The abyss is the collapse of the West in front of the onslaught of The New Chinese Empire, which we are trying to prevent even though this seems to be a lost cause because the people suck so bad now...So No.
    My heart breaks for America......The future is going to be so much suck....Because the people mostly never cared enough to get educated.

  6. #6
    Know Collusion
    Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    11,125

    Re: Cohens secret weapon in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The abyss is the collapse of the West in front of the onslaught of The New Chinese Empire, which we are trying to prevent even though this seems to be a lost cause because the people suck so bad now...So No.
    I'm not interested in your silly foreign policy analysis through the lens of social conservatism. If you're that sure we are under onslaught, have you even started learning Mandarin?
    Hurricanes are tremendously wet from the standpoint of water.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrShangles View Post
    Itís all according to who they ask those questions, some collage full of liberals?
    Quote Originally Posted by marke View Post
    The Bolsheviks have taken over the House and are on target to assassinate the sitting US President.

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    106,600

    Re: Cohens secret weapon in Congress

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    After all of the disappointments over the last few years I still find you batting for the fences....

    Gotta wonder about the wisdom in that.
    What so called "disappointments" are you referring to?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •