Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Dissecting the presidents speech

  1. #31
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Last Seen
    05-23-19 @ 05:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,513

    Re: Dissecting the presidents speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptic Bob View Post
    He keeps lying about how drugs come into this country. He said 90% of heroine comes across the border. No. Over 90% of drugs come in via water. And what little comes across the southern border is actually smuggled in via LEGAL ports of entry, not open border land.

    So that was a blatant lie right out of the gate. But other than that, it was a pretty well done speech, for Trump.
    There was also one other false statement but the truth would have worked better for his argument. He said 1 in 3 women are sexually assaulted crossing the border when it is actually between 60% and 80% of female migrants traveling through Mexico that are raped.

  2. #32
    I don't respect you.
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-19 @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,901

    Re: Dissecting the presidents speech

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    You caught us. Me, Soros and hollywood arranged the caravan and paid for buses and for the people to leave their homes , which has never been done before, in order to cause chaos at the border.


    If you want to push conspiracy theories, provide evidence, not just claims that aren't even backed up by right wing partisan sources.


    https://www.investors.com/politics/e...s-sovereignty/
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ll-funded.html



    https://www.pueblosinfronteras.org/


    The Pueblo Sin Fronteras (“People Without Borders”) is a project of La Familia Latina Unida, a Chicago, Illinois-based 501(c)(4) illegal immigration advocacy organization formed in 2001 by Elvira Arellano, an activist for immigrants living illegally in the United States. The organization is affiliated with the Chicago-based 501(c)(3) pro-illegal immigration groups Centro Sin Fronteras and Pueblo Sin Fronteras. Together, the organizations have been involved in organizing approximately 1,000 economic migrants from Central America to attempt to cross the U.S. and Mexican borders illegally since 2010.[1]



    Pueblo Sin Fronteras





    "“Border Caravan? Call it the George Soros Express.” WND. April 29, 2018. Data - WND compiled by FoundationSearch.com subscription service, a project of Metasoft Systems, Inc., from forms filed with the Internal Revenue Service showing contributions to Catholic Legal Immigration Network. Queries conducted October 16, 2018. "



    AILA - CARA Family Detention Project

    thus the acronym CARA. At least three of the four groups are funded By George Soros’ Open Society Foundation
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  3. #33
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    13,445
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dissecting the presidents speech

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    https://www.investors.com/politics/e...s-sovereignty/
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ll-funded.html



    https://www.pueblosinfronteras.org/


    The Pueblo Sin Fronteras (“People Without Borders”) is a project of La Familia Latina Unida, a Chicago, Illinois-based 501(c)(4) illegal immigration advocacy organization formed in 2001 by Elvira Arellano, an activist for immigrants living illegally in the United States. The organization is affiliated with the Chicago-based 501(c)(3) pro-illegal immigration groups Centro Sin Fronteras and Pueblo Sin Fronteras. Together, the organizations have been involved in organizing approximately 1,000 economic migrants from Central America to attempt to cross the U.S. and Mexican borders illegally since 2010.[1]



    Pueblo Sin Fronteras





    "“Border Caravan? Call it the George Soros Express.” WND. April 29, 2018. Data - WND compiled by FoundationSearch.com subscription service, a project of Metasoft Systems, Inc., from forms filed with the Internal Revenue Service showing contributions to Catholic Legal Immigration Network. Queries conducted October 16, 2018. "



    AILA - CARA Family Detention Project

    thus the acronym CARA. At least three of the four groups are funded By George Soros’ Open Society Foundation
    What are you trying to prove? Do you have an actual argument? Is your contention that some immigration non profits that have had donations in the past from Soros helped this caravan in some way? Or that this is some big liberal conspiracy to get illegals in to the country? You need to actually state your argument and provide proof. You keep jumping all over the place and posting links to stuff that in no way backs up your wild and uncoordinated claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  4. #34
    I don't respect you.
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-19 @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,901

    Re: Dissecting the presidents speech

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    What are you trying to prove? Do you have an actual argument? Is your contention that some immigration non profits that have had donations in the past from Soros helped this caravan in some way? Or that this is some big liberal conspiracy to get illegals in to the country? You need to actually state your argument and provide proof. You keep jumping all over the place and posting links to stuff that in no way backs up your wild and uncoordinated claims.




    Nice try. The point is the caravan wasn't spontaneous, they were bussed and paid for by liberal groups to get here. The sad thing though is leftist dumped them at the border like the kavanaugh girls creating a humanitarian crisis they don't care about.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  5. #35
    ThunderCougarFalconBird
    roughdraft274's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    13,445
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Dissecting the presidents speech

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Nice try. The point is the caravan wasn't spontaneous, they were bussed and paid for by liberal groups to get here. The sad thing though is leftist dumped them at the border like the kavanaugh girls creating a humanitarian crisis they don't care about.
    I'm not trying anything. It was a sincere question due to your rather muddled posting style.

    So you are asserting that liberals and Soros had a grand plan of bringing in and funding a caravan full of migrants for political reasons? Or just for fun?

    You probably don't remember how we got here, but it's important. You were trying to suggest this was somehow different than the past. But it's not. Unless some of your conspiracy theory claims turn up true, but we've seen no evidence for them.

    Facts:
    1. There have been numerous large migrant caravans to the border in the past.

    2. We have no indication that this caravan was in anyway different than those in the past.

    3. The only reason this caravan was made a spectacle is that the president made it out as one. We had policies in place and brought in the military specifically to make this seem more dangerous and nefarious than it really was.


    You can go back and respond to my very first post again if you like. Because you are going down a rabbit hole here of conspiracy theories that have no evidence, and other than that you've shown nothing to negate anything that was said.
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    uh that is so small as to be stupid. Do you want registration? given less than 3% of criminals get their guns from private sales, its pretty much a waste of resources
    **Thirty Minutes Later**
    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you are confused. I never denied that many criminals get guns in private sales.

  6. #36
    I don't respect you.
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-19 @ 12:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,901

    Re: Dissecting the presidents speech

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    I'm not trying anything. It was a sincere question due to your rather muddled posting style.

    So you are asserting that liberals and Soros had a grand plan of bringing in and funding a caravan full of migrants for political reasons? Or just for fun?

    You probably don't remember how we got here, but it's important. You were trying to suggest this was somehow different than the past. But it's not. Unless some of your conspiracy theory claims turn up true, but we've seen no evidence for them.

    Facts:
    1. There have been numerous large migrant caravans to the border in the past.

    2. We have no indication that this caravan was in anyway different than those in the past.

    3. The only reason this caravan was made a spectacle is that the president made it out as one. We had policies in place and brought in the military specifically to make this seem more dangerous and nefarious than it really was.


    You can go back and respond to my very first post again if you like. Because you are going down a rabbit hole here of conspiracy theories that have no evidence, and other than that you've shown nothing to negate anything that was said.




    Meh, I laid it out for you, if you can't figure it out I have no desire to hold your hand.


    Off you go!
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •