Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 94

Thread: Hatch not running -Romney east favorite

  1. #71
    Part of the problem.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,733

    Re: Hatch not running -Romney east favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    That remains to be seen. If Romney runs and is elected will he criticize Trump or become mum. I think he will.
    I don't know. The only people that I have seen, for the most part, that stand up to Trump have nothing to lose. They are not running again.

    Those with a dog in the hunt generally keep quiet because they either need/want something from Trump or they don't want to lose his base.

    Shameful, too. I guess it separates the wheat from the chaff, but in the end, there's not much left over except the chaff, and what are we going to do with that?
    https://www.CoastalVeteransAdvocacyCenter.org

    Please visit my website. It's a 100% non-profit for Veterans and their families. You can go there to donate, or you can go there if you are a vet and need help.

  2. #72
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,007

    Re: Hatch not running -Romney east favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    "There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it -- that that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. ... These are people who pay no income tax. ... [M]y job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

    What part of that do you disagree with?
    Pretty much all of it.

    You realize who that 47 percent is right? Its elderly people that paid in their whole working life.. and now in their elderly years.. don't make enough to pay taxes.

    Its me.. who in all those years in school.. didn't pay taxes because I made so little... though now I pay in the top tax bracket.

    they are guys in the military that make so little or get deductions for pay outside the country that they don't have to pay income taxes.

    the facts are.. the vast vast vast majority of that 47 percent in their lifetime will be NET TAXPAYERS.

    The fact that Romney was not either intelligent enough to understand that fact.. or worse.. he DID understand that but yet said it anyway to pander to a rich bunch of dudes.... is why he lost a lot of votes and probably cost him the presidency.
    So we should put you down as supporting putting GPS trackers in everyone to "save lives"?
    Vegas Giants: "Sounds fantastic!"

  3. #73
    Some gave all....
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,428

    Re: Hatch not running -Romney east favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    Pretty much all of it.

    You realize who that 47 percent is right? Its elderly people that paid in their whole working life.. and now in their elderly years.. don't make enough to pay taxes.

    Its me.. who in all those years in school.. didn't pay taxes because I made so little... though now I pay in the top tax bracket.

    they are guys in the military that make so little or get deductions for pay outside the country that they don't have to pay income taxes.

    the facts are.. the vast vast vast majority of that 47 percent in their lifetime will be NET TAXPAYERS.

    The fact that Romney was not either intelligent enough to understand that fact.. or worse.. he DID understand that but yet said it anyway to pander to a rich bunch of dudes.... is why he lost a lot of votes and probably cost him the presidency.
    You have your facts off. You are TRYING DESPERATELY to make an argument. It sucks...but you ARE TRYING so I'll give you that.

    He was not talking ONLY about tax payers. He was talking about a combination of committed democrat voters. He even said as much directly in his own words. And he is right. Why people like you have such a hard time with facts is beyond me. There are a core of democrat voters that WILL NOT BE SWAYED. Period...no matter what you do. If you waste resources trying to get their votes all you will be doing is wasting time and resources. The same can be said for a core group of GOP voters that would not vote democrat. He spoke facts. Facts hurt your feelings.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,631

    Re: Hatch not running -Romney east favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Orrin Hatch is one of my least favorite Senators. Total shill for his donors and nothing else.
    So, he's a typical Senator then.

  5. #75
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,631

    Re: Hatch not running -Romney east favorite

    Replacing a real old guy with a somewhat old guy?

    My God...where are the young politicans? Why all these stale leftovers?

  6. #76
    Sage
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,631

    Re: Hatch not running -Romney east favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Romney's a good man. I hope he wins the seat.
    I agree. Why put up some uncorrupted young person when we can put up a stale leftover!

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,007

    Re: Hatch not running -Romney east favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You have your facts off. You are TRYING DESPERATELY to make an argument. It sucks...but you ARE TRYING so I'll give you that.

    He was not talking ONLY about tax payers. He was talking about a combination of committed democrat voters. He even said as much directly in his own words. And he is right. Why people like you have such a hard time with facts is beyond me. There are a core of democrat voters that WILL NOT BE SWAYED. Period...no matter what you do. If you waste resources trying to get their votes all you will be doing is wasting time and resources. The same can be said for a core group of GOP voters that would not vote democrat. He spoke facts. Facts hurt your feelings.
    sorry.. but the only person not dealing with facts is you and Romney it appears.

    There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what…who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims. …These are people who pay no income tax. …and so my job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives ....Mitt Romney, remarks at private fundraiser, Boca Raton, Fla., May 17
    Sorry but you are desperately trying to defend the indefensible. Romney used 47 percent of americans.. that DID NOT PAY INCOME TAX.. and assumed 1. They were dependent on government .. 2. They were democrats that could not be swayed 3. and 3. they never had nor would pay be a net income tax payer..

    In showing his ignorance.. he pissed off a whole bunch of people that WOULD have voted for him.
    So we should put you down as supporting putting GPS trackers in everyone to "save lives"?
    Vegas Giants: "Sounds fantastic!"

  8. #78
    Guru
    Carleen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    4,125

    Re: Hatch not running -Romney east favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    I don't know. The only people that I have seen, for the most part, that stand up to Trump have nothing to lose. They are not running again.

    Those with a dog in the hunt generally keep quiet because they either need/want something from Trump or they don't want to lose his base.

    Shameful, too. I guess it separates the wheat from the chaff, but in the end, there's not much left over except the chaff, and what are we going to do with that?
    I should clarify my post. I think Romney will be mum. He will say nothing about Trump.
    "Being President doesn't change who you are, it reveals who you are"

  9. #79
    Some gave all....
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    58,428

    Re: Hatch not running -Romney east favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    sorry.. but the only person not dealing with facts is you and Romney it appears.



    Sorry but you are desperately trying to defend the indefensible. Romney used 47 percent of americans.. that DID NOT PAY INCOME TAX.. and assumed 1. They were dependent on government .. 2. They were democrats that could not be swayed 3. and 3. they never had nor would pay be a net income tax payer..

    In showing his ignorance.. he pissed off a whole bunch of people that WOULD have voted for him.
    No he didnt. He correctly identified that there are at LEAST 47% of the people thta would not vote for a republican no matter what.

    Do you believe the military is counted in that 47%? Do you believe the military votes democrat?

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:55 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    20,007

    Re: Hatch not running -Romney east favorite

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    No he didnt. He correctly identified that there are at LEAST 47% of the people thta would not vote for a republican no matter what.

    Do you believe the military is counted in that 47%? Do you believe the military votes democrat?
    Wow.. that's making some stuff up.

    Read the quote..

    and YES... when you talk about 47% that don't pay taxes.. you are talking about military as well. . it was clear that he was making a point of not caring about people.. that 47% of americans that don't pay taxes.

    . Democrats are about 31% of the population and many of them will swing vote.

    He was clearly talking about the 47% of americans that don't pay income taxes at any one time. which includes a ton of republicans.. including military.
    So we should put you down as supporting putting GPS trackers in everyone to "save lives"?
    Vegas Giants: "Sounds fantastic!"

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •