View Poll Results: Dems no message, no leader, nothing to brag about. Replaced by Impeach Trump?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 47.06%
  • No

    1 5.88%
  • Lean Yes

    3 17.65%
  • Lean No

    2 11.76%
  • Other: Elaborate

    3 17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 76 of 76

Thread: OPINION: "Dems no message, no leader, nothing to brag about. Replaced by Impeach Trump?

  1. #71
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    05-11-18 @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    17,688

    Re: OPINION: "Dems no message, no leader, nothing to brag about. Replaced by Impeach Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    More lies.

    Slowest rate of recovery since WWII.
    https://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcom...ww.google.com/

    Ran up 7 trillion more debt after he attacked the prior president as being unpatriotic for his debt.

    Continued two wars that he promised to end, and added another one?
    https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...ngled-in-three

    ACA will save families $2400.00 annually.


    You can keep your doctor................OH! You can't keep your doctor.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mqdY-J56DE

    I can keep going all night but "libruls" are tone deaf.
    1. Faced the worst degree of political opposition faced by any president since Lincoln - the Republicans refused to work with him on ANYthing...even if they had supported it before. THAT, sir, is why the recovery was slower...and the overwhelming majority of economists said that the reason the recovery wasn't quicker was because the stimulus was too SMALL. Even then we recovered much more quickly than most of Europe. Why? Because most of Europe did NOT use an economic stimulus, but instead went the route of austerity - which, btw, is precisely what the Republicans wanted to do.

    2. Complaining about the debt again? MOST of that debt came from being saddled on day one with the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression...and even then Obama was still able to cut the deficit in half. Remember the deficit? That, sir, is what ADDS to the debt...and YOUR side just decided to pass a tax cut that will add ANOTHER $1.5 trillion (which, btw, is an estimation using THEIR rose-colored glasses). No sir, you've got precisely ZERO room to talk when it comes to the debt and deficit.

    3. By the time Obama left office, we had zero wars...because the Iraq war was done and we were out of there, our troop level in Afghanistan was FAR below what it was when he took over (it's an occupation and not a war), and America is NOT fighting a war in Syria...because if you're going to point to supplying one side or the other, and pointing to our air support and/or special forces, then we've been in a heck of a lot MORE wars since 1980 than anyone realizes.

    4. And when it comes to the ACA, 20M more American citizens are covered than before...which means that our percentage of population covered is the highest percentage in all American history. But I get it - you don't really give a damn if health insurance can deny your coverage (as UHC - who runs TriCare btw - did for sixteen percent of all claims in the years before the ACA), you don't give a damn if your kids can't get covered, you don't give a damn if the HMO's spend only a fraction of their revenue on actually paying for health care, you don't give a damn if they raise prices at a MUCH faster rate than they're allowed to now...
    ...after all, you've got yours, so why the hell should you care? You've got yours, same as I do...never mind that YOU have what is by definition socialized health care...and it's damned good compared to so much of what the privately-run HMO's provide.

    I can keep going all night, too...but you, sir, are too drunk on the right-wing Kool-Aid that you can't grasp that "libruls" are anything but subhuman wastes of flesh since they won't subserviently bow and scrape before unquestionable conservative dogma.

    Oh, one last thing - you do know that the 1956 GOP party platform was in many ways very similar to the 2012 Democratic party platform, right? In other words, to today's "conservatives", Dwight D. Eisenhower would be considered a far-left screaming "tone-deaf librul". But if you had a lick of self-awareness left in you, that SHOULD tell you just how far off the edge of the map the GOP has gone.
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  2. #72
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    05-11-18 @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    17,688

    Re: OPINION: "Dems no message, no leader, nothing to brag about. Replaced by Impeach Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredUSN View Post
    You listed a lot of what you think..............

    Opinions are a dime a dozen.
    Oh, I forgot! Those examples I gave you, every one of which are FACTS, well, to your mind, facts aren't really facts, they're just OPINIONS! No wonder you love Trump, since he's shown you that you don't have to deal with silly things like fact and reality, that all that really counts are his opinions...and anything that makes him look bad is FAKE NEWS! And didja hear he invented the word "fake"? He said it himself! Of course, the fact that the word "fake" has been around a bit longer than he has, well, that's just an opinion, I guess, and so it doesn't count in your world....
    To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what hes doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  3. #73
    Sage
    RetiredUSN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Norfolk Virginia area.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    13,987

    Re: OPINION: "Dems no message, no leader, nothing to brag about. Replaced by Impeach Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    1. Faced the worst degree of political opposition faced by any president since Lincoln - the Republicans refused to work with him on ANYthing...even if they had supported it before. THAT, sir, is why the recovery was slower...and the overwhelming majority of economists said that the reason the recovery wasn't quicker was because the stimulus was too SMALL. Even then we recovered much more quickly than most of Europe. Why? Because most of Europe did NOT use an economic stimulus, but instead went the route of austerity - which, btw, is precisely what the Republicans wanted to do.

    2. Complaining about the debt again? MOST of that debt came from being saddled on day one with the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression...and even then Obama was still able to cut the deficit in half. Remember the deficit? That, sir, is what ADDS to the debt...and YOUR side just decided to pass a tax cut that will add ANOTHER $1.5 trillion (which, btw, is an estimation using THEIR rose-colored glasses). No sir, you've got precisely ZERO room to talk when it comes to the debt and deficit.

    3. By the time Obama left office, we had zero wars...because the Iraq war was done and we were out of there, our troop level in Afghanistan was FAR below what it was when he took over (it's an occupation and not a war), and America is NOT fighting a war in Syria...because if you're going to point to supplying one side or the other, and pointing to our air support and/or special forces, then we've been in a heck of a lot MORE wars since 1980 than anyone realizes.

    4. And when it comes to the ACA, 20M more American citizens are covered than before...which means that our percentage of population covered is the highest percentage in all American history. But I get it - you don't really give a damn if health insurance can deny your coverage (as UHC - who runs TriCare btw - did for sixteen percent of all claims in the years before the ACA), you don't give a damn if your kids can't get covered, you don't give a damn if the HMO's spend only a fraction of their revenue on actually paying for health care, you don't give a damn if they raise prices at a MUCH faster rate than they're allowed to now...
    ...after all, you've got yours, so why the hell should you care? You've got yours, same as I do...never mind that YOU have what is by definition socialized health care...and it's damned good compared to so much of what the privately-run HMO's provide.

    I can keep going all night, too...but you, sir, are too drunk on the right-wing Kool-Aid that you can't grasp that "libruls" are anything but subhuman wastes of flesh since they won't subserviently bow and scrape before unquestionable conservative dogma.

    Oh, one last thing - you do know that the 1956 GOP party platform was in many ways very similar to the 2012 Democratic party platform, right? In other words, to today's "conservatives", Dwight D. Eisenhower would be considered a far-left screaming "tone-deaf librul". But if you had a lick of self-awareness left in you, that SHOULD tell you just how far off the edge of the map the GOP has gone.
    LOL.....BS

    Obama didn't go through anything more than the man before him. Your ass clown democrat friends made it seem worse by using the racism boogie man charade.

    Obama didn't subsidize billions a year in unconstitutional bribes to insurance companies to stay with the ACA?

    AWWWW...them nasty Republicans, the party of NO. But meanwhile, Harry Reid did Obama's dirty work by blocking 285 bills, many which were bipartisan.
    Its easier to run for office than to run the office.
    Tip O'Niell

  4. #74
    Sage
    RetiredUSN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Norfolk Virginia area.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    13,987

    Re: OPINION: "Dems no message, no leader, nothing to brag about. Replaced by Impeach Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Oh, I forgot! Those examples I gave you, every one of which are FACTS, well, to your mind, facts aren't really facts, they're just OPINIONS! No wonder you love Trump, since he's shown you that you don't have to deal with silly things like fact and reality, that all that really counts are his opinions...and anything that makes him look bad is FAKE NEWS! And didja hear he invented the word "fake"? He said it himself! Of course, the fact that the word "fake" has been around a bit longer than he has, well, that's just an opinion, I guess, and so it doesn't count in your world....
    They are not facts, they are your opinion.
    Its easier to run for office than to run the office.
    Tip O'Niell

  5. #75
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Seen
    06-12-18 @ 05:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    73

    Re: OPINION: "Dems no message, no leader, nothing to brag about. Replaced by Impeach Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    OPINION:"Democrats... have no message, no leader and nothing to brag about. That leaves a vacuum, which is being filled with one idea: impeaching President Trump."

    Yes / No
    Leaning Yes / Leaning No
    Other: Elaborate
    If you think that, then you must have thought that the Republicans had no message when they were in the minority as well.

    the sides are clear, the messages are clear

    Dems - Government works for you to improve your life - someone has to pay for it
    Reps - Government works against you and tries to control your life - paying for it is a waste of time

  6. #76
    Sage
    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    29,904
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: OPINION: "Dems no message, no leader, nothing to brag about. Replaced by Impeach Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by LostArtist View Post
    If you think that, then you must have thought that the Republicans had no message when they were in the minority as well.
    I suppose that's fair, the party in the minority isn't, by definition, taking the lead.

    the sides are clear, the messages are clear

    Dems - Government works for you to improve your life - someone has to pay for it
    Reps - Government works against you and tries to control your life - paying for it is a waste of time
    What's not fair is this spin that you've put on it. While I'm sure that's how you see it, there are other, equally valid views, that are what you've expressed.
    Elect a Democrat, get a corrupt and ever more intrusive FBI, DOJ, IRS . . . . .
    Trump / Russian Collusion? 'All the crimes are on the part of the government"
    When It Comes To Hate, The Left Beats The Right, Hands Down

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •