Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Voters Should Use Ballot Box to Control Trump in 2018

  1. #21
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    01-19-18 @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,532

    Re: Voters Should Use Ballot Box to Control Trump in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    I read the OP linked article. Pretty much a trash hit piece on President Trump. The "RealClear Politics" seems to dislike Republicans.
    It's by Eugene Robinson, and was actually published in the Washington Post, who is who he writes for. RCP shared it. Of course it's a "hit piece" on Trump. Robinson is a liberal and makes no secret of it and has never claimed to be a non-partisan. That said, he's entitled to his opinion whether someone disagrees or not. Robinson was a Pulitzer Prize winner about 10 years ago. You never heard of him?
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #22
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,226

    Re: Voters Should Use Ballot Box to Control Trump in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    It's by Eugene Robinson, and was actually published in the Washington Post, who is who he writes for. RCP shared it. Of course it's a "hit piece" on Trump. Robinson is a liberal and makes no secret of it and has never claimed to be a non-partisan. That said, he's entitled to his opinion whether someone disagrees or not. Robinson was a Pulitzer Prize winner about 10 years ago. You never heard of him?
    meh. Don't keep track of Pulitzer Prize winners.

    Yes, he is entitled to his opinion. One should take articles like that with a grain of salt. My point stands that is is a biased article.
    (ps. I don't particularly like Trump. Nor did I vote for him.)
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  3. #23
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    01-19-18 @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,532

    Re: Voters Should Use Ballot Box to Control Trump in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    meh. Don't keep track of Pulitzer Prize winners.

    Yes, he is entitled to his opinion. One should take articles like that with a grain of salt. My point stands that is is a biased article.
    (ps. I don't particularly like Trump. Nor did I vote for him.)
    Of course it's biased. It was never intended to be pro-Trump. Robinson is a partisan and makes no secret of it.

    His article was well written and spot on. Don't like Trump? take it to the ballot box. Pretty obvious no matter who is the President. That's also what happened to Obama.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #24
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,226

    Re: Voters Should Use Ballot Box to Control Trump in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Of course it's biased. It was never intended to be pro-Trump. Robinson is a partisan and makes no secret of it.

    His article was well written and spot on. Don't like Trump? take it to the ballot box. Pretty obvious no matter who is the President. That's also what happened to Obama.
    To clarify. There are some things Trump is trying to do or has done I like. It is more the way he presents himself and the "tweets" that I dislike. You are correct in that we need to "take it to the ballot box". Hopefully this next go around we have better candidates to choose from.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  5. #25
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    01-19-18 @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,532

    Re: Voters Should Use Ballot Box to Control Trump in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    To clarify. There are some things Trump is trying to do or has done I like. It is more the way he presents himself and the "tweets" that I dislike. You are correct in that we need to "take it to the ballot box". Hopefully this next go around we have better candidates to choose from.
    We can't get any worse than the ones we had in 2016.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  6. #26
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,167
    Blog Entries
    27

    Re: Voters Should Use Ballot Box to Control Trump in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Blkdirt Farmer View Post
    Who on the left is a candidate? The DNC is a total mess, no one wants to be associated with the party... A Latino who has issues with white Democrats now leads the party because white people left, and the minorities are in control... But white people are still the overwhelming majority of this nation. The left forgets this, because the lied to themselves that whites don't matter anymore in politics.

    NO strong candidate, not party organization, no money = dismal performance in elections.

    Trump has a year and those tax breaks for Americans to work with. My guess is the Republicans will rally around Trump against who ever the Democrat turns out to be.
    Midterms are different. The first midterm is usually a referendum on the president. But this year, there will be no Hillary Clinton on the ballot. It will be how the public as a whole view President Trump. Trump has made war on as many Republicans this last year as he had on democrats. All of what you say could indeed be true. If so, it will be the Democrats running against the persona of Trump and the Republicans running on the tax cuts. It like both parties have put all their eggs into one basket.

    There was a recent list of 16 issues where independents backed Trump or were in favor of what Trump was trying to do in 7 of them. One would expect independents to be closer to a 50-50 split on Trump's job approval. But they're not. 34% of independents approve, 54% disapprove. It's not Trump's job performance independents are disapproving of. It's his character, his persona, his obnoxious, unpresidential behavior. Can the tax cuts overcome that?

    To the question of do you think Trump has the temperament to be president? Independents 27% yes, 52% no.
    Is Trump honest and trustworthy, independents only, 23% yes, 53% no

    It may be that these independents will be the ones whom decide who control congress next year. Time will tell, but Trump's persona grates on these folks and even with a successful tax cut, that in itself may not overcome their dislike of Trump's persona.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  7. #27
    Educator Soopairik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    935

    Re: Voters Should Use Ballot Box to Control Trump in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Blkdirt Farmer View Post
    You don't understand elections law do you....

    IF you did you would immediately know that election LAWS are my ARGUMENT.

    Go ahead and prove my point about California liberals some more.
    California liberals? You're just going to group all 7.4 registered Democrats into one big category? Seems like you're the ignorant one.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Moderate Right's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    20,450

    Re: Voters Should Use Ballot Box to Control Trump in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Valley View Post
    Voters Should Use Ballot Box to Control Trump in 2018




    Organize and vote in 2018. Seizing control of Congress from the complicit GOP is the fastest and surest way to politically castrate the dreadful Trump presidency.
    Sounds like you're very worried that this would happen on it's own so you have to get the word out.

  9. #29
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    01-20-18 @ 03:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    141

    Re: Voters Should Use Ballot Box to Control Trump in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    Sounds like you're very worried that this would happen on it's own so you have to get the word out.
    Voters will flip both houses of Congress over to the Dems in 2018, and then, to balance it all out, will re-elect Trump in 2020, as long as the economy remains sound. Just going by history here. Of course, we've never seen times like these, so my theory could be significantly FLAWED.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,523

    Re: Voters Should Use Ballot Box to Control Trump in 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by DickBanks View Post
    Voters will flip both houses of Congress over to the Dems in 2018, and then, to balance it all out, will re-elect Trump in 2020, as long as the economy remains sound. Just going by history here. Of course, we've never seen times like these, so my theory could be significantly FLAWED.
    Think the Democrats will run on this campaign slogan, "I tried to keep the Republicans from allowing you to keep more of what you earn, Vote for me!!" Results matter and flipping the Congress means rejection of the Trump policies and economic results and that isn't going to happen as people always vote their pocketbooks even though Democrats want to promote social issues.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •