Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 86

Thread: DP's Candidates For President 2020

  1. #11
    Human Scum
    Airyaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    AL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,795

    Re: DP's Candidates For President 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I'd like Biden with one of (Bernie/Harris/O'Rourke/Warren/Booker) as VP. Biden is easily the most experienced as to what the job of President requires, and he's a generally well-likable centrist. I don't think the Dems should try to go too left this time, rather just go for a responsible centrist left adult that will make Donald Trump's ridiculousness even more apparent.
    A recent Gallup poll revealed that Ds wanted their party to become more moderate and not move further left. Granted it was 54-41, but that is promising.

  2. #12
    The Anti**Machiavellian
    Abbazorkzog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Post-Societal Collapse
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,250
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: DP's Candidates For President 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    I liked the CFPB that she was behind, but I think this entire NA mess hasn’t worn well. She come across as confused and unsteady when she gets ambushed in the hallways, by reporters. I don’t think she has the temperament for the campaign. I think we see no improvement from 2016.
    Oh, just wait. In time it'll be something entirely different (considering the fact politicians/candidates have been accused of FAR worse and gotten away with it)

  3. #13
    Sage
    SDET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: DP's Candidates For President 2020

    Senator Ben Sasse or Senator Mike Lee.
    Rules for men:
    1. Give as little as possible. 2. Take as much as possible.
    3. Always have an exit. 4. Enjoy your life to the fullest.

  4. #14
    Sage
    SDET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: DP's Candidates For President 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Airyaman View Post
    A recent Gallup poll revealed that Ds wanted their party to become more moderate and not move further left. Granted it was 54-41, but that is promising.
    It's promising because the 54% will be frustrated with their nominee and help the GOP win in 2020.
    Rules for men:
    1. Give as little as possible. 2. Take as much as possible.
    3. Always have an exit. 4. Enjoy your life to the fullest.

  5. #15
    Heading North
    Roadvirus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,135

    Re: DP's Candidates For President 2020

    I really think the GOP should consider sending up a test balloon in regards to Nikki Haley as a possible primary challenge to Trump in the off-chance that Mueller's final report brings problems.

  6. #16
    Sage
    Greenbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,539

    Re: DP's Candidates For President 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Roadvirus View Post
    I really think the GOP should consider sending up a test balloon in regards to Nikki Haley as a possible primary challenge to Trump in the off-chance that Mueller's final report brings problems.
    If they were going to float that they'd probably need to keep her home state's primary on the books. Sounds like they don't want to do that.

    South Carolina GOP reportedly considering cancelling 2020 primary to favor Trump

  7. #17
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    UP of Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,999

    Re: DP's Candidates For President 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbazorkzog View Post
    So who is everybody's top pick for 2020 (Dems/Reps/I/etc)? I honestly don't care who it is as long as its not Donald Trump, but if I had to pick it'd be Marianne Williamson



    Iowa Caucus First Impressions: Marianne Williamson offers spiritual guidance to the nation

    Who Is Marianne Williamson, 2020 Presidential Candidate and Also Oprah's Spiritual Advisor?

    Who would you pick (whether you think they'll win or not is an acceptable point of topic but secondary so don't derail!), officially declared or otherwise?

    Edit: A Mod may want to move this to General Political Discussion if it gets too crazy.
    I'm sorry to bust it to you all, but you're wrong, as wrong as I was in 2016.

    All of you are thinking I have a candidate, and what, are you going to do for them what I was doing for Hillary Clinton?

    I'm just kidding with you.

    Predicting US Presidential elections

    Hillary Clinton 9-11, Bernie Sanders 14-7, Donald Trump 9-4 even with Tulsi Gabbard 11-6, Sherrod Brown 19-8, Ivanka Trump and Mitch Landrieu 16-2, and your Precious Marianne Williamson 13-14.

    This is from an astrological score chart of positive and negatives aspects of Candidates that won and lost US Presidential elections.

    Mitch Landrieu (16-2) and Sherrod Brown (19-8) at the top.

    Gabbards even with Trump.

    Probably an easy win, because Trump's so bad he destroys his Chart.

    Hillary Clinton nearly won.

    Only because of Mike Pence who has a low score too so nominate him (8-7).

    I'm not saying these numbers are all set in stone, but it's something to consider and I have to admit, I can't afford to loose to Trump or fail to gain the Senate because someone's tailcoat is not big enough.
    https://azapizzazz.com Always take note of exquisitor. https://www.debatepolitics.com/us-el...elections.html
    Exquisitor exquisitly exquisited an exquisit exquisitorial in the exquisitorium of exquisitation exquisitum exquisitilicious.

  8. #18
    The Anti**Machiavellian
    Abbazorkzog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Post-Societal Collapse
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,250
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: DP's Candidates For President 2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Exquisitor View Post
    I'm sorry to bust it to you all, but you're wrong, as wrong as I was in 2016.

    All of you are thinking I have a candidate, and what, are you going to do for them what I was doing for Hillary Clinton?

    I'm just kidding with you.

    Predicting US Presidential elections

    Hillary Clinton 9-11, Bernie Sanders 14-7, Donald Trump 9-4 even with Tulsi Gabbard 11-6, Sherrod Brown 19-8, Ivanka Trump and Mitch Landrieu 16-2, and your Precious Marianne Williamson 13-14.

    This is from an astrological score chart of positive and negatives aspects of Candidates that won and lost US Presidential elections.

    Mitch Landrieu (16-2) and Sherrod Brown (19-8) at the top.

    Gabbards even with Trump.

    Probably an easy win, because Trump's so bad he destroys his Chart.

    Hillary Clinton nearly won.

    Only because of Mike Pence who has a low score too so nominate him (8-7).

    I'm not saying these numbers are all set in stone, but it's something to consider and I have to admit, I can't afford to loose to Trump or fail to gain the Senate because someone's tailcoat is not big enough.
    I'd be complacent with anyone not named Donald Trump (or Mike Bloomberg, counting only Democrats) at this point. So I wouldn't call it precious, more like cautiously optimistic. With emphasis on cautiously, because its too early and anyone and everyone has a potential to shoot themselves in the foot (like Elizabeth Warren's DNA **** storm, for example)

  9. #19
    Advisor RobertU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Vacaville, CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    569

    Re: DP's Candidates For President 2020

    You would think in the year 2020, one would have a visionary candidate. So who out there running has had an original thought?
    Dreams: Demon Dog, Cathedral, Weasel
    https://www.jung29.com/dreams.html

  10. #20
    Sage

    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    04-25-19 @ 05:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,626

    Re: DP's Candidates For President 2020

    So far there is nobody I like more than Bernie. Yeah, his age gives me pause, but he has lots of energy and I trust his choice in VPs. But he is also the one I know the most about. Maybe as I learn more about the others they will win me over. But as of right now I am for Bernie.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •