Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Bannon, The Left's Secret Weapon

  1. #1
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,151

    Bannon, The Left's Secret Weapon

    Seriously! I'm beginning to think he's our greatest asset. He's declared war on the Republican establishment. Moderate Republican congressmen are retiring rather than face being primaryed by his candidates. The more nut jobs he can get into the slots to run for those vacant seats, the easier it will be for Democrats to pick them off. Oh happy day! We might even flip the House.

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    96,938

    Re: Bannon, The Left's Secret Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    Seriously! I'm beginning to think he's our greatest asset. He's declared war on the Republican establishment. Moderate Republican congressmen are retiring rather than face being primaryed by his candidates. The more nut jobs he can get into the slots to run for those vacant seats, the easier it will be for Democrats to pick them off. Oh happy day! We might even flip the House.
    I wish Bannon only the greatest success into transforming the GOP into a far right wing force which destroys what we now call the Republican Party. I hope he makes that 20% of the American public very very happy.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #3
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,801

    Re: Bannon, The Left's Secret Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    Seriously! I'm beginning to think he's our greatest asset. He's declared war on the Republican establishment. Moderate Republican congressmen are retiring rather than face being primaryed by his candidates. The more nut jobs he can get into the slots to run for those vacant seats, the easier it will be for Democrats to pick them off. Oh happy day! We might even flip the House.
    Apparently Bannon never read Sun Tzuh's The Art of War.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

  4. #4
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,151

    Re: Bannon, The Left's Secret Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I wish Bannon only the greatest success into transforming the GOP into a far right wing force which destroys what we now call the Republican Party. I hope he makes that 20% of the American public very very happy.
    I think the optimal outcome is a split it the Republican Party. Hopefully the establishment Republicans will retain the party apparatus and the Trumpsters will form their own Incredible Amazing Greatest Real American Party.

  5. #5
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,151

    Re: Bannon, The Left's Secret Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoist View Post
    Apparently Bannon never read Sun Tzuh's The Art of War.
    Probably not. I wonder what he does read.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    96,938

    Re: Bannon, The Left's Secret Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    I think the optimal outcome is a split it the Republican Party. Hopefully the establishment Republicans will retain the party apparatus and the Trumpsters will form their own Incredible Amazing Greatest Real American Party.
    Great idea. Let us all hope it happens.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  7. #7
    Sage
    Geoist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,801

    Re: Bannon, The Left's Secret Weapon

    Quote Originally Posted by bearpoker View Post
    Probably not. I wonder what he does read.
    Well, he did say he was a Leninist.
    "Men did not make the earth ... it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is individual property... Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." -- Thomas Paine, Agrarian Justice
    http://www.wealthandwant.com/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •