Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally voting

  1. #21
    Guru

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,862

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    OPEN YOUR EYES!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    OPEN YOUR EARS!I am not a republican, I am not a conservative, I am not only not partisan in the common sense I despise the partisans....I accuse them of goofing off rather than working.....I am the keeper of my own mind, a guy who calls himself a Zen Socialist.

    And please try to be nicer, I never did anything to you.
    I could really give a damn about what label you want to put on yourself.

    Your opinions are Fantasies, and I enjoy immensely showing underlying falsehoods whether on the Right or Left!

    France has a very heavy contingent of Socialist voters. I enjoy immensely taking the "mickey out of them" in exactly the same manner I do here on the Right. With the statistical facts - which politicians worldwide refuse to acknowledge because they are driven by party-platforms that are wholly unsubstantiated by fact and especially as regards the market-economy.

    Which in France is treated for milking as a cash-cow on the Left that is likely to take a drubbing in the upcoming elections. This last Socialist president (Hollande) was a complete and utter failure having not had the courage to change underlying regulatory factors that are the cause of France's systemic High Unemployment.

    See? I can pee on both sides of the aisle - Left & Right! Why?

    Because the truth is nearly always somewhere in-between the two extremes on either side ...
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    02-13-18 @ 07:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,073

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Because running the voting right is one of the most important tasks in a democratic society, those who run the system have an obligation to go above and beyond to make sure they are doing it correctly, no proof that they are doing it wrong is required to check, they should be constantly checking regardless.
    ... they do constantly check. Do you realize how much bigger of a problem mail-in voter fraud is than in-person voter fraud? Turns out people are much more likely to risk 10 years in prison by mail rather than in person, since, you know, it's harder to catch someone who simply mailed a letter. They only want to make in-person voting more difficult. They don't want to address voter fraud because that would interfere with military mail-in votes which are, guess what, republican.

  3. #23
    KING FROG KWOK!
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,750

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I am not convinced that anyone has looked, so saying that nothing has been found means little to nothing.
    Republicans have been looking for years. They haven't found much of anything.

    Why Republicans Can’t Find the Big Voter Fraud Conspiracy - POLITICO Magazine

    https://www.usnews.com/news/politics...ut-find-little

  4. #24
    KING FROG KWOK!
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,750

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Nope, this is voting, super important to get right, those who run the system should be checking on a regular basis to make sure that only citizens vote, if they are not then they have betrayed us.
    Wow. Use hyperbole much?

    See, here's the thing. If voting is "super important," then we need to ensure that policies and actions that deal with fraud do not disenfranchise voters. Catching 80 people who committed voter fraud doesn't help anyone, if it prevents 10,000 legitimate voters from being able to vote. That is, to put it mildly, counter-productive.

    And again, people have tried for YEARS to find voter fraud -- and aren't finding it. Most cases are US citizens who don't realize that they are limited to voting in one jurisdiction. E.g. they have homes in 2 different counties, and want to vote in local elections in both counties.

    So no, we don't need to hire hordes of "outside experts," we don't need to spend billions looking for voter fraud, we don't need to vilify low-income voters in the name of combatting fraud. It isn't happening. It demonstrably isn't happening. So let the state election boards do their work, and stop foaming at the mouth over it.

  5. #25
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,520

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Nope, this is voting, super important to get right, those who run the system should be checking on a regular basis to make sure that only citizens vote, if they are not then they have betrayed us. What we need now is outside experts that most can trust to look at for instance all of california in the last election, and for them to tell us how many of those voters should not have voted. My best guess is that it was around 800,000 for the nation. .

    We need to know.
    I have it on absolutely unimpeachable authority that 125,983,045 illegals voted in the last election, and they all voted for Trump, no exceptions.
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

  6. #26
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    response 1 ....there is no voter fraud

    when evidence is provided

    response 2.....theres very little voter fraud


    next time a thread is created on this subject

    response ....there is no voter fraud

  7. #27
    Sage

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    30,765

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanngrisnir View Post
    I have it on absolutely unimpeachable authority that 125,983,045 illegals voted in the last election, and they all voted for Trump, no exceptions.
    As soon as you tell me that we need to look because we need to know we can shake hands and enjoy a frosty brew.

    The vigor of a society is directly proportional to its capacity to conduct difficult conversations.

    VICTIM CULTURE IS WRECKING A LOT OF IMPORTANT THINGS, TO INCLUDE GUTS AND RESILIENCE.

  8. #28
    Sage

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    30,765

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    Wow. Use hyperbole much?

    See, here's the thing. If voting is "super important," then we need to ensure that policies and actions that deal with fraud do not disenfranchise voters. Catching 80 people who committed voter fraud doesn't help anyone, if it prevents 10,000 legitimate voters from being able to vote. That is, to put it mildly, counter-productive.

    And again, people have tried for YEARS to find voter fraud -- and aren't finding it. Most cases are US citizens who don't realize that they are limited to voting in one jurisdiction. E.g. they have homes in 2 different counties, and want to vote in local elections in both counties.

    So no, we don't need to hire hordes of "outside experts," we don't need to spend billions looking for voter fraud, we don't need to vilify low-income voters in the name of combatting fraud. It isn't happening. It demonstrably isn't happening. So let the state election boards do their work, and stop foaming at the mouth over it.
    I say we have not tried to find voter fraud because the elite dont give a **** about doing things right anymore, no matter what brand is on their t-shirt.

    I also say we must.

    Voter lists mist be check well, elections must be run well, if we cant do that then we deserve to get our very own Putin.
    Last edited by Hawkeye10; 06-06-17 at 03:13 PM.
    The vigor of a society is directly proportional to its capacity to conduct difficult conversations.

    VICTIM CULTURE IS WRECKING A LOT OF IMPORTANT THINGS, TO INCLUDE GUTS AND RESILIENCE.

  9. #29
    Sage

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    30,765

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Visbek View Post
    Republicans dont have the ability to check the work in D states.

    Republicans are not keen to run elections right anymore than the D's are.

    So you see...
    The vigor of a society is directly proportional to its capacity to conduct difficult conversations.

    VICTIM CULTURE IS WRECKING A LOT OF IMPORTANT THINGS, TO INCLUDE GUTS AND RESILIENCE.

  10. #30
    KING FROG KWOK!
    Visbek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,750

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I say we have not tried to find voter fraud because the elite dont give a **** about doing things right anymore, no matter what brand is on their t-shirt.
    And you're wrong. Republicans, who have repeatedly demonstrated an interest in stopping voter fraud, have been looking for years and not finding it.

    You're making unfalsifiable allegations without proof. Not impressive.


    I also say we must.
    And if you actually cared about voting, then you'd recognize that whatever efforts we use to thwart voter fraud should NOT disenfranchise other voters.

    Meanwhile, back in the real world? It's not 1923. We don't have political machines that pack buses full of voters, shuttling them from one polling station to the next. The amount of voter fraud is extremely small, to the point where it has basically no impact on elections.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •