Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally voting

  1. #11
    #TruthTellerTribe

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,115

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Phys251 View Post
    The voter fraud myth is one of the biggest lies put forth by the Right. They know it's a lie yet repeatedly double down on it.
    Once those who run the systems have proven that they do their jobs correctly then we can move on.

    Their say so is most certainly not good enough.
    When society throws away the Truth Tellers prepare for the worst, for it is surely coming.
    Open your eyes and your mind and then speak truth..........That is the only way forwards.

  2. #12
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    veni, vidi, volo in domum redire
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,590

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    Did you guys read the quote in the OP? Someone claimed to have 180,000 names and the "proof" fell down all the way to 85.

    Tell me, would you have the same "a meaningful impact is to be assumed without evidence" attitude when it comes to gun control?
    Care to stand up a strawman? WTF does gun control have to do with voting? You have to have an ID to buy a gun, but not vote. You have to prove that you're not a felon to buy a gun, but not to vote in many states. You have to ask permission of the government to buy a gun, but not to vote.

    Which act is more dangerous to our nation? Buying a gun that a person has had to jump through hoops to get approval from the government? Or voting where no one asks you to prove who you are or that you're even a citizen of this country?

    You guys think Russia is a danger to our voting system?

    I find it ironic as hell that some folks raise sand about Russia tampering with our elections and those same people emphatically declare that there's no way that illegal votes can even be cast in a way to sway an election.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    10-20-18 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,073

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Care to stand up a strawman? WTF does gun control have to do with voting? You have to have an ID to buy a gun, but not vote. You have to prove that you're not a felon to buy a gun, but not to vote in many states. You have to ask permission of the government to buy a gun, but not to vote.

    Which act is more dangerous to our nation? Buying a gun that a person has had to jump through hoops to get approval from the government? Or voting where no one asks you to prove who you are or that you're even a citizen of this country?

    You guys think Russia is a danger to our voting system?

    I find it ironic as hell that some folks raise sand about Russia tampering with our elections and those same people emphatically declare that there's no way that illegal votes can even be cast in a way to sway an election.
    I didn't mention Russia.

    I don't believe the claims that millions of illegals voted. Why would they bother? What does a single vote buy them that's worth risking 10 years in prison?

    Further, there's basically no evidence for the claim. A Republican governor made the best case he could, on an alleged 180,000 illegally registered voters: but it turns out there were only 85 or so. So, almost no evidence.

  4. #14
    #TruthTellerTribe

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,115

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    Care to stand up a strawman? WTF does gun control have to do with voting? You have to have an ID to buy a gun, but not vote. You have to prove that you're not a felon to buy a gun, but not to vote in many states. You have to ask permission of the government to buy a gun, but not to vote.

    Which act is more dangerous to our nation? Buying a gun that a person has had to jump through hoops to get approval from the government? Or voting where no one asks you to prove who you are or that you're even a citizen of this country?

    You guys think Russia is a danger to our voting system?

    I find it ironic as hell that some folks raise sand about Russia tampering with our elections and those same people emphatically declare that there's no way that illegal votes can even be cast in a way to sway an election.
    They seem to be going with the mind control argument...people legally showed up to vote but they did not have possession of their minds, Putin did...best as I understand it.
    When society throws away the Truth Tellers prepare for the worst, for it is surely coming.
    Open your eyes and your mind and then speak truth..........That is the only way forwards.

  5. #15
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    veni, vidi, volo in domum redire
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,590

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    I didn't mention Russia.

    I don't believe the claims that millions of illegals voted. Why would they bother? What does a single vote buy them that's worth risking 10 years in prison?

    Further, there's basically no evidence for the claim. A Republican governor made the best case he could, on an alleged 180,000 illegally registered voters: but it turns out there were only 85 or so. So, almost no evidence.
    You haven't mentioned Russia on this forum since the 2016 primary season... at all? Interesting.

    As for the rest of the post, it's just deflection from your comment about gun control.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    10-20-18 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,073

    LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally voting

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    You haven't mentioned Russia on this forum since the 2016 primary season... at all? Interesting.

    As for the rest of the post, it's just deflection from your comment about gun control.
    That's not what i said.

    Please look at my point:

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    Did you guys read the quote in the OP? Someone claimed to have 180,000 names and the "proof" fell down all the way to 85.

    Tell me, would you have the same "a meaningful impact is to be assumed without evidence" attitude when it comes to gun control?
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    I didn't mention Russia.

    I don't believe the claims that millions of illegals voted. Why would they bother? What does a single vote buy them that's worth risking 10 years in prison?

    Further, there's basically no evidence for the claim. A Republican governor made the best case he could, on an alleged 180,000 illegally registered voters: but it turns out there were only 85 or so. So, almost no evidence.
    Why should we be concerned about an unlikely issue that we lack any meaningful evidence of?

  7. #17
    #TruthTellerTribe

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,115

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    That's not what i said.

    Please look at my point:





    Why should we be concerned about an unlikely issue that we lack any meaningful evidence of?
    Because running the voting right is one of the most important tasks in a democratic society, those who run the system have an obligation to go above and beyond to make sure they are doing it correctly, no proof that they are doing it wrong is required to check, they should be constantly checking regardless.
    When society throws away the Truth Tellers prepare for the worst, for it is surely coming.
    Open your eyes and your mind and then speak truth..........That is the only way forwards.

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,560

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I am not convinced that anyone has looked, so saying that nothing has been found means little to nothing.
    Do you KNOW how to make an internet search for factual evidence in the matter? No?

    Then I suggest you learn.

    The Replicant Yelling 'n Cursing about Monumental Voter Fraud is highly specific in nature and Never Massive. There is no evidence whatsoever that it affects elections on an other than highly local scale, and none in the least for Presidential voting.

    Donald Dork - already in deep-sneakers in terms of presidential credibility - is up to his old tricks of "belittling the enemy" with mindless, unsubstantiatable remarks. He is attempting drastically to explain his record-breaking LOSS (2%!) in the popular vote last November with a falsehood ... !
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

  9. #19
    #TruthTellerTribe

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    37,115

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Do you KNOW how to make an internet search for factual evidence in the matter? No?

    Then I suggest you learn.

    The Replicant Yelling 'n Cursing about Monumental Voter Fraud is highly specific in nature and Never Massive. There is no evidence whatsoever that it affects elections on an other than highly local scale, and none in the least for Presidential voting.

    Donald Dork - already in deep-sneakers in terms of presidential credibility - is up to his old tricks of "belittling the enemy" with mindless, unsubstantiatable remarks. He is attempting drastically to explain his record-breaking LOSS (2%!) in the popular vote last November with a falsehood ... !
    OPEN YOUR EARS!

    I am not a republican, I am not a conservative, I am not only not partisan in the common sense I despise the partisans....I accuse them of goofing off rather than working.....I am the keeper of my own mind, a guy who calls himself a Zen Socialist.

    And please try to be nicer, I never did anything to you.
    When society throws away the Truth Tellers prepare for the worst, for it is surely coming.
    Open your eyes and your mind and then speak truth..........That is the only way forwards.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    France
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,560

    Re: LA Times: No, there is no evidence that thousands of noncitizens are illegally vo

    INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Once those who run the systems have proven that they do their jobs correctly then we can move on.

    Their say so is most certainly not good enough.
    So, I have to prove that I am honest rather you having to prove that I committed a crime.

    Aint the way justice works in America* ...

    *"Innocent until proven guilty". Show me the crime! Show me the proof of who-done-it!
    Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them; then neither persons nor property will be safe. (Frederick Douglass)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •