Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: No More 2 Party System

  1. #1
    User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1

    No More 2 Party System

    Would you ever leave the 2 party system and vote for a 3rd party candidate?

  2. #2
    Sage
    Fledermaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Peoples Republic of California AKA Taxifornia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    42,185

    Re: No More 2 Party System

    Quote Originally Posted by EndtheDuopoly View Post
    Would you ever leave the 2 party system and vote for a 3rd party candidate?
    I have locally practically every election.
    'All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.'

    Douglas Adams

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    08-24-18 @ 05:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,499

    Re: No More 2 Party System

    Quote Originally Posted by EndtheDuopoly View Post
    Would you ever leave the 2 party system and vote for a 3rd party candidate?
    if bernie would have went independent, you bet

  4. #4
    Socialist Libertarian
    Abbazorkzog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NATO Commonwealth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,095
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No More 2 Party System

    First, we need to mobilize the local and state governments behind said third party. Picking some wackadoo to run for President doesn't make much sense in practical terms. It would make more sense to build a nationwide movement at the state level prior to pushing for a third-party President in this day and age.
    ""A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not."
    - Ronald Reagan, admitting the Iran-Contra Affair, March 1987

  5. #5
    Professor
    sookster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In my own world.
    Last Seen
    06-27-17 @ 09:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,838

    Re: No More 2 Party System

    Quote Originally Posted by Abbazorkzog View Post
    First, we need to mobilize the local and state governments behind said third party. Picking some wackadoo to run for President doesn't make much sense in practical terms. It would make more sense to build a nationwide movement at the state level prior to pushing for a third-party President in this day and age.
    That's never going to happen. We care too much about Netflix, smart phones, tablets, and video game consoles. Everything is going to remain the same.
    "Don't care. I don't care about polar bears, and I don't care about people who think our policies should be dictated by the effects on polar bears. Polar bears are basically Ice Monsters. Like that thing in the second Star Wars movie. **** em. And anything with more than four legs." -Deuce

  6. #6
    Socialist Libertarian
    Abbazorkzog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    NATO Commonwealth
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    10,095
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No More 2 Party System

    Quote Originally Posted by sookster View Post
    That's never going to happen. We care too much about Netflix, smart phones, tablets, and video game consoles. Everything is going to remain the same.
    I hope you're wrong, and you should too.
    ""A few months ago, I told the American people I did not trade arms for hostages. My heart and my best intentions still tell me that's true, but the facts and evidence tell me it is not."
    - Ronald Reagan, admitting the Iran-Contra Affair, March 1987

  7. #7
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    20,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: No More 2 Party System

    Quote Originally Posted by EndtheDuopoly View Post
    Would you ever leave the 2 party system and vote for a 3rd party candidate?
    Essentially that is what millions of people did this election when they rejected both Hillary and a field of sixteen establishment Republicans to put Donald Trump in the White House. He is no ideologue or partisan. Of course both the left and right are in a state of apolexy, but it should be interesting to see how it goes.
    Whatever flaws or failings, I can support the sinner who gets it right in the end over the virtuous saint who doesn't have a clue how to get it done--Foxfyre
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  8. #8
    Sage
    Fishking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    14,754

    Re: No More 2 Party System

    Quote Originally Posted by EndtheDuopoly View Post
    Would you ever leave the 2 party system and vote for a 3rd party candidate?
    According to the recently released FBI report, saying that makes you a hostile threat to our country and is violating the integrity of our election process.
    “There are no self-proclaimed villains, only regiments of self-proclaimed saints. Victorious historians rule where good or evil lies.” ― Glen Cook, Chronicles of the Black Company

  9. #9
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    45,737

    Re: No More 2 Party System

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishking View Post
    According to the recently released FBI report, saying that makes you a hostile threat to our country and is violating the integrity of our election process.
    What on earth are you talking about.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #10
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    45,737

    Re: No More 2 Party System

    Quote Originally Posted by sookster View Post
    That's never going to happen. We care too much about Netflix, smart phones, tablets, and video game consoles. Everything is going to remain the same.
    As opposed to the people lining up to elect all those other third party presidents we've had in the last 150 years, when people cared too much about not dying from rickets.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •