Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 78 of 78

Thread: Constitutional terms, do they have meaning, do they have weight?

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,385

    Re: Constitutional terms, do they have meaning, do they have weight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    If the US Constitution wasn't ambiguous, how do you explain 5:4 Supreme Court decisions (from supposedly constitutional experts) ?




    A totally meaningless statement that you do not understand

    Give an example of what a "common" welfare policy would be and what a "general" policy would be.




    Meaningless drivel

    Show you understand, give an example of what a "common" welfare policy would be and what a "general" policy would be. Otherwise shut up about common and general clauses




    More meaningless drivel

    See above about giving examples, which no-one expects you to be able to do.

    You just parrot the same drivel, that you don't understand.
    Political partisanship must explain it.

    and, our welfare clause is general and must provide for any given contingency as long as it promotes the general welfare.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,636

    Re: Constitutional terms, do they have meaning, do they have weight?

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    ...our welfare clause is general and must provide for any given contingency as long as it promotes the general welfare.
    But as discussed, you don't know what that means

    You can't give an example of a policy the would be "general" or a policy that would be "common"


    So why do you keep parroting things you have no understanding of ?

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,385

    Re: Constitutional terms, do they have meaning, do they have weight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    But as discussed, you don't know what that means

    You can't give an example of a policy the would be "general" or a policy that would be "common"


    So why do you keep parroting things you have no understanding of ?
    Solving simple poverty through uniformity of application of the law should be legislated by our legislators as a Cause for implementing any such general public policy.

    The Common law is available via a separate but co-equal branch of Government, in this case.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,636

    Re: Constitutional terms, do they have meaning, do they have weight?

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    Solving simple poverty through uniformity of application of the law should be legislated by our legislators as a Cause for implementing any such general public policy.

    The Common law is available via a separate but co-equal branch of Government, in this case.
    So what would be an example of a "common" policy to solve simple poverty ?
    What would be an example of a "general" policy to solve simple poverty ?

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,385

    Re: Constitutional terms, do they have meaning, do they have weight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    So what would be an example of a "common" policy to solve simple poverty ?
    What would be an example of a "general" policy to solve simple poverty ?
    A class action via the common law would fulfil that requirement.

    Otherwise, it could be resolved generally via a simple executive order.

  6. #76
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,636

    Re: Constitutional terms, do they have meaning, do they have weight?

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    A class action via the common law would fulfil that requirement.

    Otherwise, it could be resolved generally via a simple executive order.
    What does that mean >?

    A class action or an executive order ?

    what would be an example of a "common" policy to solve simple poverty ?
    What would be an example of a "general" policy to solve simple poverty ?

    Can you give a specific example?

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    17,385

    Re: Constitutional terms, do they have meaning, do they have weight?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    What does that mean >?

    A class action or an executive order ?

    what would be an example of a "common" policy to solve simple poverty ?
    What would be an example of a "general" policy to solve simple poverty ?

    Can you give a specific example?
    lol. those were examples.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,636

    Re: Constitutional terms, do they have meaning, do they have weight?

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    lol. those were examples.
    No they weren't - a class action ?

    You'll have to be more specific than that. LOL

    I'm talking about government bills passed by Congress.

    What would be an example of a "common" policy to solve simple poverty ?
    What would be an example of a "general" policy to solve simple poverty ?

    Specifically what would those bill seek the US government to do, and/or what would they determine people and organizations must do ?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •