Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: The Constitution Relies Too Much On Men Of Honor

  1. #11
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,115

    Re: The Constitution Relies Too Much On Men Of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Are watching this hearing circus? Nunes in his questioning has Vindman on the hot seat. His lawyers all jumped in and Shifty jumped in because Nunes connected the dots between Vindman and the whistleblower even though in his deposition he claimed he did not know who the whistleblower was.
    I’m at a seminar today and tomorrow so following the hearings is difficult at best. I’m counting on you to keep me apprised!

  2. #12
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,346

    Re: The Constitution Relies Too Much On Men Of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by element94 View Post
    With Trump and his Senate sycophants trashing veterans in the past, and now Senator Ron Johnson (the newest face of self debasement) going after Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, there is a serious dearth of men of honor in the Republican Senate.
    Despite the fact that there is now 6 (and counting) of Trump's "best people" being sentenced to prison, and Trump himself only left to be convicted of several crimes, violations of the Constitution, and violating his Oath of Office, it appears the Republican Senate not only is devoid of honor, but there seems to be no low too low to go.
    If you, or I, were lying for, and assisting, someone that has done what The Don has done, we would also be tried as accessories. OK, OK allegedly.

    This has me thinking: how useful, ultimately, is the Constitution without men of honor?

    Have at it, I'm wearing my fire suit.
    If the president was a Democrat, those senators would be holding up Lt Col Vindman as a saint and a patriot...but his testimony attacks Trump (a Republican)


    For GOP senators and congressmen, it doesn't matter who you are, you're a traitor if you dare to attack them.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,346

    Re: The Constitution Relies Too Much On Men Of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    ...Trump, it appears, had chosen to avoid such relationships of convenience and actually seek to combat the corruption...
    OMG do you just lap up everything that Trump tells you ?

    Are you such a fan boy that you're prepared to believe anything ?


    Trump doesn't care about corruption (unless he can do the corrupting and gain a benefit). Trump doesn't give a damn about the Ukraine, ALL he cared about was getting dirt on Biden and winning again in 2020.

    That's absolutely all.

  4. #14
    Visual Opportunist
    Tanngrisnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    No longer Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,723

    Re: The Constitution Relies Too Much On Men Of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Honor doesn’t come from the uniform one wears or from the office that they hold. It comes from what is done in service to that uniform or office.

    As Johnson noted in his letter to Nunes, corruption in Ukraine was endemic. That fact has been testified to by every witness Schiff has put in front of us so far. What appears to have happened is that our career state department folks had generally opted to work around that corruption rather than work against it. Johnson himself suggested that even Zelensky had chosen that path with one of his appointments. It seems that the consensus view was one of “keep your friends close and your enemies closer”.

    Trump, it appears, had chosen to avoid such relationships of convenience and actually seek to combat the corruption. As one of the witnesses mentioned, it hard to fight corruption without pissing off a lot of corrupt people. Well, there sure are a lot of pushed off Democrats these days.
    There is quite literally not a shred, not a scintilla of any credible evidence, of any type, that twump has sought to combat any corruption, of any nature, anywhere. Nor can you point to any.

    Where are you getting this absolutely fantasy land bull****?
    Well, he see this one particularly hot chick and not does she bag he slackjawed, but he lets a "Whoa" slip out

  5. #15
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    16,346

    Re: The Constitution Relies Too Much On Men Of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    ...Nunes connected the dots between Vindman and the whistleblower even though in his deposition he claimed he did not know who the whistleblower was.
    Why is this important ?

    Why do you wish to identify the whistle blower ?

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,973

    Re: The Constitution Relies Too Much On Men Of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Looking for Honor among politicians is a bit like looking for a clean toilet at a pub on a Friday night.
    Diogenes would throw away his lantern.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    It does not in fact bother me that poor people exist. They are supposed to, poverty is the default state of human existence.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    20,973

    Re: The Constitution Relies Too Much On Men Of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by TheParser View Post
    Our country is in trouble because the Dem candidate in 2016 was not a woman of honor. Even to this day, she has refused to accept the results of the election, thus undermining the legitimacy of the current administration.
    That is a moronic talking point. What no one with a modicum of integrity and intellect can tolerate is the corruption and incompetence of the current administration. Your defense of it also says a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    It does not in fact bother me that poor people exist. They are supposed to, poverty is the default state of human existence.

  8. #18
    Horrible Bastard Hamish Howl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Tucson
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    3,543

    Re: The Constitution Relies Too Much On Men Of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Trump, it appears, had chosen to avoid such relationships of convenience and actually seek to combat the corruption.



    Dud you say that with a straight face?
    Giraffes can't enjoy coffee because it's cold by the time it reaches their stomach. But you never think about that, because you only think about yourself.

  9. #19
    Professor
    Stealers Wheel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,402

    Re: The Constitution Relies Too Much On Men Of Honor

    Oh yes, Trump is a champion of anti-corruption. He promised to investigate and prosecute Hillary and his base ate it up: "Lock her up!" That was until his AG testified that was not going to happen because there was "no factual basis" for starting an investigation. Oh well.

    Then, over two years into his administration, Trump all of a sudden decides Ukraine is where his focus needs to be. That is the corruption that must be addressed, and the new Ukrainian president needed to get onboard. To accomplish this, Trump asks the Ukrainian president for "a favor." The fact that his likely political rival Joe Biden was close by was simply a coincidence. Unfortunately for Trump, a whistleblower blew up that plan. Can't get that "favor" now.

    Not to worry, though. There'll be other ways to get "investigations" going down the road. Maybe AG Barr will announce that the FBI is "investigating" [fill in Dem nominee name here]'s role in a pedophile slave ring about a month to two weeks out from the election. Or maybe Wikileaks will conveniently come up with some embarrassing private emails that [again, fill in Dem's name here] doesn't want disclosed but will be hammered on at every public appearance. It doesn't matter that there is no substance to any of this. Trump wants the media to be focused on the "investigations." That is a winning strategy.

    The electorate, at least a good portion of it, is so gullible, easily influenced by the latest shocking headline, that Trump can virtually say or do anything and no one can hold him accountable.
    I think you've brought up some valid criticism of the "Deep State." I'm going to mention that at our next meeting.

  10. #20
    Advisor element94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    589

    Re: The Constitution Relies Too Much On Men Of Honor

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealers Wheel View Post
    Oh yes, Trump is a champion of anti-corruption. He promised to investigate and prosecute Hillary and his base ate it up: "Lock her up!" That was until his AG testified that was not going to happen because there was "no factual basis" for starting an investigation. Oh well.

    Then, over two years into his administration, Trump all of a sudden decides Ukraine is where his focus needs to be. That is the corruption that must be addressed, and the new Ukrainian president needed to get onboard. To accomplish this, Trump asks the Ukrainian president for "a favor." The fact that his likely political rival Joe Biden was close by was simply a coincidence. Unfortunately for Trump, a whistleblower blew up that plan. Can't get that "favor" now.

    Not to worry, though. There'll be other ways to get "investigations" going down the road. Maybe AG Barr will announce that the FBI is "investigating" [fill in Dem nominee name here]'s role in a pedophile slave ring about a month to two weeks out from the election. Or maybe Wikileaks will conveniently come up with some embarrassing private emails that [again, fill in Dem's name here] doesn't want disclosed but will be hammered on at every public appearance. It doesn't matter that there is no substance to any of this. Trump wants the media to be focused on the "investigations." That is a winning strategy.

    The electorate, at least a good portion of it, is so gullible, easily influenced by the latest shocking headline, that Trump can virtually say or do anything and no one can hold him accountable.
    That's because a good swath of the population gives details of the impeachment charges about as much time as they give to Kim Kardashian's farts, about 2 seconds. They go to their "news" show of choice so they can be told how to feel about it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •