Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 152

Thread: Electoral College Members Can Defy Votersí Wishes, Court Rules

  1. #141
    Professor

    NotreDame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    6 hours south of the Golden Dome of Notre Dame
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,293

    Re: Electoral College Members Can Defy Votersí Wishes, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjurrs View Post
    Little touchy this morning? You made a comment about campaigning in WY, I said they don't campaign there now.
    Yes, and your comment had absolutely nothing to do with what I said to Iquanaman. Your interjection did not answer my questions to Iguanaman.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." James Madison, Father of the U.S. Constitution and 4th president of the United States.

  2. #142
    Professor mrjurrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Bay
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,896

    Re: Electoral College Members Can Defy Votersí Wishes, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by NotreDame View Post
    Yes, and your comment had absolutely nothing to do with what I said to Iquanaman. Your interjection did not answer my questions to Iguanaman.
    No, but it did reveal your comment to be specious.
    "Some men see things as they are and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not." Robert F. Kennedy

  3. #143
    Professor

    NotreDame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    6 hours south of the Golden Dome of Notre Dame
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,293

    Re: Electoral College Members Can Defy Votersí Wishes, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjurrs View Post
    No, but it did reveal your comment to be specious.
    No it did not, precisely and exactly because your remark "had absolutely nothing to do with what" I asked Iquanaman. Your comment cannot logically "reveal" my queries as "specious" when, inter alia, your comment is irrelevant.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." James Madison, Father of the U.S. Constitution and 4th president of the United States.

  4. #144
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    01-04-20 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12,748

    Re: Electoral College Members Can Defy Votersí Wishes, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonglow View Post
    They are the powers that be.
    and who would they be ?

  5. #145
    Professor mrjurrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Bay
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,896

    Re: Electoral College Members Can Defy Votersí Wishes, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by NotreDame View Post
    No it did not, precisely and exactly because your remark "had absolutely nothing to do with what" I asked Iquanaman. Your comment cannot logically "reveal" my queries as "specious" when, inter alia, your comment is irrelevant.
    Iguanaman said "Then candidates will campaign in all States equally." You asked about campaigning in WY. I said they don't campaign there now. Please explain how what I posted is out of line.
    "Some men see things as they are and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not." Robert F. Kennedy

  6. #146
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    01-04-20 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    12,748

    Re: Electoral College Members Can Defy Votersí Wishes, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjurrs View Post
    Iguanaman said "Then candidates will campaign in all States equally." You asked about campaigning in WY. I said they don't campaign there now. Please explain how what I posted is out of line.
    I think the point being that there are two few electoral votes to be had and in a solidly "red" state

  7. #147
    Professor mrjurrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Bay
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,896

    Re: Electoral College Members Can Defy Votersí Wishes, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    I think the point being that there are two few electoral votes to be had and in a solidly "red" state
    I agree. But for the same reason, WY won't see candidates in a popular vote election either. The current US population is about 330 million. WY is about 570,000 (@2/10 of 1% of the population). If CA had the same representation as WY in the Electoral College, CA would have @139 votes in the electoral college.
    "Some men see things as they are and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not." Robert F. Kennedy

  8. #148
    Professor

    NotreDame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    6 hours south of the Golden Dome of Notre Dame
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,293

    Electoral College Members Can Defy Votersí Wishes, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjurrs View Post
    Iguanaman said "Then candidates will campaign in all States equally." You asked about campaigning in WY. I said they don't campaign there now. Please explain how what I posted is out of line.
    No, I asked a specific query in regards to Iguanamanís suggestion of abolishing the EC is a win-win as equal campaigning in all states would commence. Iguanamanís point being the EC is an impediment to equal campaigning in all states, and once removed, equal campaigning in all states would occur.

    The inference to be drawn from that logic was that the least populace state, Wyoming, a state candidates presently stop in to piss on the side of the road while traversing through in route to more important electoral college states, would no longer be the port-a-potty state once the EC is gone. Instead, abolishing the EC transforms the piss-in-state of Wyoming, to a state canvassed by candidates equally to other states, like Cali.

    I then asked Iguanaman if he really believed abolishing the EC was going to transform Wyoming to state enjoying equal campaigning to that of Cali?

    You interjected with irrelevant remark.

    So, how is your remark germane to any of that exchange, and the reasonable inferences I inquired about? It doesnít but knock yourself out trying to rationalize otherwise.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." James Madison, Father of the U.S. Constitution and 4th president of the United States.

  9. #149
    Professor mrjurrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Bay
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,896

    Re: Electoral College Members Can Defy Votersí Wishes, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by NotreDame View Post
    No, I asked a specific query in regards to Iguanamanís suggestion of abolishing the EC is a win-win as equal campaigning in all states would commence. Iguanamanís point being the EC is an impediment to equal campaigning in all states, and once removed, equal campaigning in all states would occur.

    The inference to be drawn from that logic was that the least populace state, Wyoming, a state candidates presently stop in to piss on the side of the road while traversing through in route to more important electoral college states, would no longer be the port-a-potty state once the EC is gone. Instead, abolishing the EC transforms the piss-in-state of Wyoming, to a state canvassed by candidates equally to other states, like Cali.

    I then asked Iguanaman if he really believed abolishing the EC was going to transform Wyoming to state enjoying equal campaigning to that of Cali?

    You interjected with irrelevant remark.

    So, how is your remark germane to any of that exchange, and the reasonable inferences I inquired about? It doesnít but knock yourself out trying to rationalize otherwise.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can continue with this mental masturbatiuon by yourself.
    "Some men see things as they are and ask why? I dream of things that never were, and ask why not." Robert F. Kennedy

  10. #150
    Professor

    NotreDame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    6 hours south of the Golden Dome of Notre Dame
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,293

    Re: Electoral College Members Can Defy Votersí Wishes, Court Rules

    Quote Originally Posted by mrjurrs View Post
    I agree. But for the same reason, WY won't see candidates in a popular vote election either. The current US population is about 330 million. WY is about 570,000 (@2/10 of 1% of the population). If CA had the same representation as WY in the Electoral College, CA would have @139 votes in the electoral college.
    If your remarks above are true, then like me, you are incredulous towards Iguanamanís suggestion that abolishing the EC for a popular vote results in equal campaign in all states.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." James Madison, Father of the U.S. Constitution and 4th president of the United States.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •