Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Constitutional Crisis

  1. #21
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:32 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,249

    Re: Constitutional Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    I have asked this here before: What happens (details) if we have a Constitutional Crisis? If the Administration manages to get Mueller removed what are the next steps in our government? I realize that this is speculation, but the term (Const. Crisis) has been bandied about for the last ten months or more. Was the Watergate event a C.C.?
    We don't have a constitutional crises nor are we likely to. That is stuff made up by the likes of Mark Levin and other far right antiAmericans who want to have a constitutional convention to rewrite the whole thing to suit their agenda.
    “The people do not want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    78,241

    Re: Constitutional Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    My understanding is that DJT cannot directly terminate the Special Counsel, but has to go through the AG.
    Hell, the way things are going, President Trump is better off politically to leave Mueller right where he is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #23
    Living in Gods country


    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    18,624

    Re: Constitutional Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    My understanding is that DJT cannot directly terminate the Special Counsel, but has to go through the AG.
    Correct- As the AG has recused himself, goes to the Dep AG. if he refuses and DJT fires him, DJT goes to the next in line. And if refused, can fire them. And so on down the chain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Hillary is the only defense I or anyone else needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Not once have I showed my dick to a woman and she thought it was creepy. In fact, in 100% of the cases, they were pretty excited about it. I don't know who you're showing your **** too.

  4. #24
    Part of the problem.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,734

    Re: Constitutional Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    And, he stated that he will not. However, Trump could fire Sessions, replace him with someone who will fire Mueller. I hope he does. Because, that act will end his presidency.
    I don't believe this, Calamity. I don't.

    I've been following this for months, and I see nothing happening. I honestly believe he can move, or fire Sessions, hire someone in his place and have that person fire Mueller, and I think that life will go on, and the sun will rise the next day, and not a damn thing will happen to Trump.

    He is pretty much untouchable at this point. I don't see the GOP doing anything, because they are too worried about getting dumb ass bills passed to worry about any constitutional crises going on in the nation.
    ~*~ That's part of your problem: you haven't seen enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies. ~*~

    Republican House. Republican Senate. Republican White House. Republican shut down.




  5. #25
    Sage


    Thoreau72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    20,639

    Re: Constitutional Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    I have asked this here before: What happens (details) if we have a Constitutional Crisis? If the Administration manages to get Mueller removed what are the next steps in our government? I realize that this is speculation, but the term (Const. Crisis) has been bandied about for the last ten months or more. Was the Watergate event a C.C.?
    I understand that nobody wants to talk about it, but I would say that when Congress passes illegitimate legislation to render the Fourth Amendment moot, we already have a Constitutional Crisis. Judge Napolitano has pointed that out in several of his books, including 2011 book "It is dangerous to be right when the Government is Wrong".

    I would say that when Congress declares that Habeas Corpus is no longer valid, we already have a Constitutional Crisis.

    Wake up and smell the napalm, it's been burning for years.

  6. #26
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    01-22-18 @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    96

    Re: Constitutional Crisis

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius46 View Post
    A Constitutional crisis comes up when a problem arises that the Constitution cannot solve.

    Trump has the authority to fire Mueller so there would be no Constitutional crisis. And even if he didn't he can removed from office. Now if he was impeached and removed and refused to go and used the army to back up his refusal that would be a Constitutional crisis.
    I know what you mean, but the wording should be "when a problem arises that the Constitution has no remedy for."

    I would suggest that there is an infiltration so complete that those with the authority to use the constitutional remedy will not. Or, "when a problem arises that the Constitution has remedy for, but no official will use the remedy."

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    My understanding is that DJT cannot directly terminate the Special Counsel, but has to go through the AG.
    That seems correct to me and Thoreau72 nails the dynamics of it , in time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoreau72 View Post
    I understand that nobody wants to talk about it, but I would say that when Congress passes illegitimate legislation to render the Fourth Amendment moot, we already have a Constitutional Crisis. Judge Napolitano has pointed that out in several of his books, including 2011 book "It is dangerous to be right when the Government is Wrong".

    I would say that when Congress declares that Habeas Corpus is no longer valid, we already have a Constitutional Crisis.

    Wake up and smell the napalm, it's been burning for years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •