Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: For those that did not watch Paul Giamatti in ~ John Adams

  1. #1
    Student
    Marco Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Hampshire ( Live free or Die )
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    260

    For those that did not watch Paul Giamatti in ~ John Adams

    Here is a taste, hopefully not to much a spoiler... I seen this pop up one day and I was hooked! The Series was short but the acting and writing was Exquisite!


    Here's a Scene, if you've not seen it and love Politics please do so. Could sit and watch this kind of stuff all day long.


    "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  2. #2
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    323

    Re: For those that did not watch Paul Giamatti in ~ John Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Montana View Post
    Here is a taste, hopefully not to much a spoiler... I seen this pop up one day and I was hooked! The Series was short but the acting and writing was Exquisite!


    Here's a Scene, if you've not seen it and love Politics please do so. Could sit and watch this kind of stuff all day long.


    We had to watch that in high school... I thought it was pretty good.

  3. #3
    Student
    Marco Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New Hampshire ( Live free or Die )
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    260

    Re: For those that did not watch Paul Giamatti in ~ John Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    We had to watch that in high school... I thought it was pretty good.
    Oh.... Thanks for making me feel OLD! lol
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

  4. #4
    Sage

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    25,417

    Re: For those that did not watch Paul Giamatti in ~ John Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco Montana View Post
    Oh.... Thanks for making me feel OLD! lol
    Did you read this months Atlantic's takedown of John Wayne:

    Inventing John Wayne
    How John Ford turned a bland kid into a hollow masculine icon
    It's a real hoot, check it out.....
    #FREEMINDS

  5. #5
    Guru
    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,774

    Re: For those that did not watch Paul Giamatti in ~ John Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Did you read this months Atlantic's takedown of John Wayne:



    It's a real hoot, check it out.....

    Thanks for the heads up on The Atlantic article........reminds me of an old clip of an interview with a very old John Ford. Ford had his trademark cigar stub and one lense of his eyeglasses was taped over. The interviewer asked the old director what he was trying to “achieve “ in one scene or movie. Without missing a beat, Ford replied, “young man. I was trying to achieve a check!”
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. George Carlin

  6. #6
    Sage

    Hawkeye10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Olympia Wa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    25,417

    Re: For those that did not watch Paul Giamatti in ~ John Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexedgar View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on The Atlantic article........reminds me of an old clip of an interview with a very old John Ford. Ford had his trademark cigar stub and one lense of his eyeglasses was taped over. The interviewer asked the old director what he was trying to “achieve “ in one scene or movie. Without missing a beat, Ford replied, “young man. I was trying to achieve a check!”
    You are welcome, did you come away thinking that this was a straight up hit piece? A couple of months ago they did one on Woody Allan, it seems to be a trend, one that I am sorry to see. The Editors of Atlantic seem to be in meltdown mode ever since they figured out that Trumpism is real, journalism is getting harder to find with-in the covers.
    #FREEMINDS

  7. #7
    Guru
    Rexedgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,774

    Re: For those that did not watch Paul Giamatti in ~ John Adams

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    You are welcome, did you come away thinking that this was a straight up hit piece? A couple of months ago they did one on Woody Allan, it seems to be a trend, one that I am sorry to see. The Editors of Atlantic seem to be in meltdown mode ever since they figured out that Trumpism is real, journalism is getting harder to find with-in the covers.

    Woody Allen has never interested me much, some of his films are entertaining, but.... When you ask about ‘hit piece’ are you meaning Ford or Wayne? No one (mortal) could live up to Marion Morrison’s caricature. I have always liked Lee Marvin and there are a few YouTube clips on his view on John Ford, (worth a look). Our icons/hero’s seldom live up to their PR. Kinda like the kid finding out the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus is fabricated. There was some question as to John Ford’s lifestyle as well. Very few people can bear too much sunshine without a deep tan or burn.......Never have seen much of the Atlantic magazine.
    Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you are honest with them. Then you are an asshole. George Carlin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •