Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: The Constitution Would Make Good Toilet Paper.

  1. #31
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: The Constitution Would Make Good Toilet Paper.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's isn't accurate. If I'm in a public place, talking about politics, you can't punch me in the mouth to shut me up. That's a civil rights violation, on top of assault.
    No kidding, is what I said.

    Notice "Civil Rights"... key word there is "Civil". Not Constitutional.

    Unless they are acting as a representative for a state agency (as in part of the government), an individual can not be charged with violating the 1st Amendment.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    Violence against others is always illegal. What has that got to do with free speech? You go on being you too, it is a little difficult to be anything else.....
    Of course it is illegal, I never said otherwise.

    Does not mean it is a direct violation of the Constitution however. That is something else completely different.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

  2. #32
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    73,112

    Re: The Constitution Would Make Good Toilet Paper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    No kidding, is what I said.

    Notice "Civil Rights"... key word there is "Civil". Not Constitutional.

    Unless they are acting as a representative for a state agency (as in part of the government), an individual can not be charged with violating the 1st Amendment.



    Of course it is illegal, I never said otherwise.

    Does not mean it is a direct violation of the Constitution however. That is something else completely different.
    The Bill of Rights are our Civil Rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    Yeah policy, not ass licking Putin for dirt on Hillary like your hero trump did. Trump supporters are pure garbage and have sold out their country to Russia. They should be ashamed of themselves but the fact they are pure scum prevents it. Each and every trump supporter is an enemy of America.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: The Constitution Would Make Good Toilet Paper.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The Bill of Rights are our Civil Rights.
    No, the Bill of Rights are a listing of Political Rights. They protect us from the Government impeding on the rights given to us in them. The Constitution has not a damned thing to do with one individual "impeding" the rights of another individual.

    It is the code of law that protects us from other citizens.

    Come on, this is Constitutional Law 101 stuff here dude.

    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances
    Now show me where this has a damned thing to do with an individual against another individual.

    Or let me guess, you are one of those that the Constitution wants it to mean whatever you want it to mean.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    73,112

    Re: The Constitution Would Make Good Toilet Paper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    No, the Bill of Rights are a listing of Political Rights. They protect us from the Government impeding on the rights given to us in them. The Constitution has not a damned thing to do with one individual "impeding" the rights of another individual.

    It is the code of law that protects us from other citizens.

    Come on, this is Constitutional Law 101 stuff here dude.



    Now show me where this has a damned thing to do with an individual against another individual.

    Or let me guess, you are one of those that the Constitution wants it to mean whatever you want it to mean.
    You can't physically deny my civil rights. There was a whole movement about that. There's even a civil rights division within the DOJ.

    The Constitution protects us from all tyranny, not just by the government.
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    Yeah policy, not ass licking Putin for dirt on Hillary like your hero trump did. Trump supporters are pure garbage and have sold out their country to Russia. They should be ashamed of themselves but the fact they are pure scum prevents it. Each and every trump supporter is an enemy of America.

  5. #35
    Sage
    Oozlefinch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,190

    Re: The Constitution Would Make Good Toilet Paper.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You can't physically deny my civil rights. There was a whole movement about that. There's even a civil rights division within the DOJ.

    The Constitution protects us from all tyranny, not just by the government.
    And it is handled differently from an individual does it than when a state entity does it.

    Hence, in so many cases over and over again when the FBI and National Guard were called out in that era. They are the ones that went after government actors. Although most of the time, absolutely no actual actions were taken.

    And those "civil rights violations" were generally unprosecuted, other than in the cases where other actual crimes occurred, like murder, arson, assault, etc.

    But Civil Right is just that, a civil right. Now show me a single case where individuals acting as individuals were prosecuted for violating the 1st Amendment. Or the 2nd, or the 4th, or any of them.

    Oh, and "Civil Rights" existed before the Constitution. Even before he wrote the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson called them "Natural Rights".

    But forgive me, but I am totally confused. "The Constitution protects us from all tyranny, not just by the government"? That is a complete and utter contradiction. Tyranny is tyranny because it is done by the Government.
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. - John Stuart Mill

  6. #36
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    73,112

    Re: The Constitution Would Make Good Toilet Paper.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oozlefinch View Post
    And it is handled differently from an individual does it than when a state entity does it.

    Hence, in so many cases over and over again when the FBI and National Guard were called out in that era. They are the ones that went after government actors. Although most of the time, absolutely no actual actions were taken.

    And those "civil rights violations" were generally unprosecuted, other than in the cases where other actual crimes occurred, like murder, arson, assault, etc.

    But Civil Right is just that, a civil right. Now show me a single case where individuals acting as individuals were prosecuted for violating the 1st Amendment. Or the 2nd, or the 4th, or any of them.

    Oh, and "Civil Rights" existed before the Constitution. Even before he wrote the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson called them "Natural Rights".

    But forgive me, but I am totally confused. "The Constitution protects us from all tyranny, not just by the government"? That is a complete and utter contradiction. Tyranny is tyranny because it is done by the Government.
    .......

    Within a few days of the disappearance, the FBI began an investigation, and members of the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division visited Mississippi to learn what facts were available about their disappearance. On August 4, 1964, a paid informant of the FBI revealed the location of the bodies of the 3 young civil rights workers. They had been shot, and James Chaney, an African-American, had been severely beaten. In December, 1964, 19 white men, including the sheriff and his deputy, were arrested on state conspiracy charges, but the charges were later dropped. In 1967, after a federal prosecution for conspiracy to deny the young men's civil rights, 7 white men were convicted.

    http://civilrights.findlaw.com/civil...story-and.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxas View Post
    Yeah policy, not ass licking Putin for dirt on Hillary like your hero trump did. Trump supporters are pure garbage and have sold out their country to Russia. They should be ashamed of themselves but the fact they are pure scum prevents it. Each and every trump supporter is an enemy of America.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •