• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What the hell happened to Geraldo Rivera?

thinkingoutloud

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Years ago I use to admire him. I haven't seen or heard him in years since he went to FOX. I just read a few of his posts on X. He is now full blown Trump ass-kisser with hint of Q. What went wrong?

Years ago I use to admire him. I haven't seen or heard him in years since he went to FOX. I just read a few of his posts on X. He is now full blown Trump ass-kisser with hint of Q. What went wrong?
He fell into the Fox cesspool. Good riddence.

Years ago my brother and I saw him in a bar in NYC trying to impress three younger women. We talked to him for a few minutes and then got the hell away from him. He was trying to ride that star fame into a good time but his cheese had slipped off his cracker. It was ugly.

Years ago my brother and I saw him in a bar in NYC trying to impress three younger women. We talked to him for a few minutes and then got the hell away from him. He was trying to ride that star fame into a good time but his cheese had slipped off his cracker. It was ugly.
I think he went from star to scum overnight!

He was a real journalist when he started out and exposed some inhumane living conditions at a mental health facility on Staten Island (NYC)
Then, like so many, most really, his ego was his ruination and he gave up journalism for visibility and attention.
Now he pretty much says anything anyone who will give him a stage wants him to say.
Lost his principles but I doubt he even knows it.

Any 80 year-old man who posts these pics has gone off the deep end. Nuff said.

Geralso Rivera.jpeg

He lost all mainstream credibility so he went to the side where you can get famous and thus money while saying nonsense all the time.

I think it was when Al Capone's safe was empty.

You mean you still admired him after the "opening Al Capone's safe" bullshit tv extravaganza?

Geraldo was always an idiotic grandstanding media whore. I watched him back in the 70s making a fool of himself.

The best was when he fancied himself a Jerry Springer clone and was punched in the face by a neo-Nazi, breaking his substantial nose.

The final straw was when he got himself embedded with a U.S. military unit in Iraq and then revealed operational plans live on the air. He was promptly dismissed and lucky they didn't prosecute him.

Now come on, say what you want about his ghastly journalistic ethics but anyone even approaching seventy would love to be at least in that good a shape for eighty.
We understand that it is creepy for old folks to post in the buff but I'll give him kudos for not sporting a big gut and man boobs.

When I was a punk in junior high, Geraldo burst onto the scene and I wanted TO BE HIM.
See attached photo to support that contention! 😆
That's me trying to emulate "the gutsy groovy young reporter" Geraldo Rivera.
I never wound up being a reporter but I eventually became, in my mind, the next best thing, a camera operator.
But I credit Rivera for inspiring me back then.

Jeff Haas wannabe Geraldo.png

And then suddenly "here's Geraldo" turning into some Fox News idiot and "here's me" wondering WTF happened to the guy. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom