• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Brown sugar bourbon BBQ-glazed meatballs with roasted carrots and mashed potatoes. This one was difficult, as everything was timed, and I had trouble keeping up with the pace and the number of unfamiliar cooking tasks going on at the same time. I added a little too much potato water back into the potatoes because I was dealing with another timer going off or something. Either way, everything turned out ok, and it was a decent meal.

Damn, that sounds good!

I’m
Brown sugar bourbon BBQ-glazed meatballs with roasted carrots and mashed potatoes. This one was difficult, as everything was timed, and I had trouble keeping up with the pace and the number of unfamiliar cooking tasks going on at the same time. I added a little too much potato water back into the potatoes because I was dealing with another timer going off or something. Either way, everything turned out ok, and it was a decent meal.
you don’t know until you try.😎

I can just picture you rushing about the kitchen.

Leftover night. Participants were sweet potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, celery, lentils, onions, garlic and veg broth. You could call it soup.
We were tired from trying to eradicate errant raspberries.

I admit to getting a bit flustered while multitasking for that one.
You did wear an apron I hope?
Next time you run that marathon, keep in mind that mashed taters keep warm for a while, esp with a cozy. Get them out of the way and you should be fine.
Sincerely
been there, done that.

Here is a possible new one for the American posters. Last night I went all old fashioned Kiwi and made savoury ground beef and corn "quixies". Locally they would be called "mince quixies". Raided the very last of the salad stuff that had been hanging on in the garden to go with them. Shopping for salads again now until Decemberish. Thinking about turning some old windows that we removed from the house into a small glass house to see if we can get some of the summer salad greens to come a bit earlier. Wife has put plenty of kale in the garden and that is destined to become savoury kale crisps over the winter, and of course there are a few other winter veges under way. I haven't audited the grow list, but highly likely to be cabbages and the "vile weed" predominantly. Hopefully she remembered the Bok Choi as well. Wilted in the microwave with a small dollop of sweet chilli sauce and it is rather delightful. Winter cabbages are hopefully in abundance and can be turned into coleslaw with minimal other additions from the store, and that becomes a salad replacement for quick meals during my winters here. Freezer is already out of fish from my recent trip. Mostly because I ate so many when I was catching them. 😇 Contemplating another 3 or 4 days on the boat to load up the fish supplies a little before the fishing slows down for the colder months. July, Aug, Sept can be a bit tougher unless I take the boat a few extra miles off the coast. Need to get a few DIY chores done first though.

You did wear an apron I hope?
Next time you run that marathon, keep in mind that mashed taters keep warm for a while, esp with a cozy. Get them out of the way and you should be fine.
Sincerely
been there, done that.
No apron. I should probably get one.

Sour cream, apple sauce, Asian sauces for the sweet potato latkes, lox and onions, cucumber slices, roasted asparagus w/lemon and garlic, lox deviled eggs, apple kugel and other desserts.
Wow! Sounds great!

GF was cooking again: Fried eggplant with walnut cream sauce, silken tofu with balsamic soy glaze, kale and spinach salad with strawberry dressing.

Son not going for it, so he had a Burger King combo.

Chicken enchiladas with hot sauce on the side
Blue corn chips.

Back
Top Bottom