• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Theist:Can there be a second coming of Christ without a third temple?

Can there be a second coming without a 3rd Temple on the Temple Mount?

• No, the rebuilding of the Jewish Temple is a requirement of the prophecies.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Yes, explain.

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
They’ll have anti-psychotics and a safe facility to live in.
Yes, that is true, anyone claiming to be David incarnate would be shoved away into a psychiatric facility, or burned at his compound in Waco,TX.

Would not make him less David, and God will keep sending him.

In order to be King David one must be embraced as David incarnate, and that is a tough hill to clime.

Yes, that is true, anyone claiming to be David incarnate would be shoved away into a psychiatric facility, or burned at his compound in Waco,TX.

Would not make him less David, and God will keep sending him.

In order to be King David one must be embraced as David incarnate, and that is a tough hill to clime.

…are you seriously suggesting David Koresh, child molester and murderer, was King David reborn?

…are you seriously suggesting David Koresh, child molester and murderer, was King David reborn?
I don't know, because I never met Koresh, and I refuse to judge him based on media reports of what he did. Reports fed to the media by a Federal Government to make themselves look better.

Tho to his followers he was the Messiah, so there is something to that, people who knew him, who met him said that he was.

Anyway, I only bring up Koresh in the sense of what you said about how the world would treat someone claiming to be the Messiah.

Burning them out would be what I believe the corrupt governments of the world's response would be to anyone claiming to be the Messiah if people actually started to listen to them and believe in them as the Messiah.

Fore David is King forever and our corrupt governments would fall under his rule, yet they do not want to be ruled by David, or any other Godly person, they are corrupt.

Did Koreish rebuild Solomon's temple to God on the Temple Mount?

No, but then neither did King David build the original temple we call the first temple. Solomon did, David's son. God said the David was not holy enough to build it for what he did to Bathsheba's husband.

So only if one Koreish's living children rebuilds Soloman's Temple to God on the Temple Mount would I say Koreish was the actual Jewish Messiah.

I do not know if any of the four reported living children of Koreeish are men, or if that even matters, I only know that I believe it would be the Messiah ben David
to rebuild the Temple, because that is the way it happened the first time.

The Messiah ben David would also reincarnate the Messiah ben Joseph, and that in this sense would have to be Koreish himself.

However, in order for that to be so, Koreish's father , step father, or one of his father-in-laws would have had to be known as Joseph, because Koreish would literally have to be the Son of Joseph and as far as I know he was not.

Last edited:
A question for theist that have studied the Bible and believe in the second coming of Christ.
Depends on what you think about Revelations. Does it take place before or after the second coming?

A question for theist that have studied the Bible and believe in the second coming of Christ.

I didn't vote.

In the Gospels, several things happen at the second Temple.
Jesus spoke of his own body as the Temple of God (John 2:19, Mark 14:58), telling the Jews that if they tore it down, He would build it again in three days,
which was crazy talk to them,
but Jesus was talking about His own death and resurrection.
Jesus also “cleanses” the Temple, notably the Outer Court in possibly two separate events (John 2:13-16, Matthew 21).

Jesus also taught regularly in the Outer Court of the Temple where all people could meet (Jew, Gentile, male, female, old, young, people with disabilities, everyone).

The only other actual, physical Temple spoken of in the New Testament is in Revelation 21 within the vision of the New Heaven and the New Earth, a place which is both a Temple and the City of God.
The short answer is that nowhere do we see a physical Third Temple being built on this Earth.

Unless we’re talking about something different. Something higher and more glorious. The New Testament does talk about that.

Is the Third Temple Literal or Symbolic?

It is neither and both.

The woman at the well tried to start a religious argument with Jesus about which mountain was right to worship at (Samaria or Jerusalem), which were two different religious views and temples.
Jesus’ answer? God isn’t worshipped in a place. He’s Spirit and looking for those who would worship in Spirit Truth.

From Scripture and prophecy, from the very throne of God, we have the declaration. God’s home, his house, his city, and the temple is now with His people.

He lives with them, within them even now through the indwelling Holy Spirit.

1 Cor 6

19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Last edited:
Option C: don't worry about the big stuff that is up for debate among scholars and "keep your wedding banquet clothes on"

Jesus Himself might be that 3rd Temple.

19Jesus answered, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up again.”

20“This temple took forty-six years to build,” the Jews replied, “and You are going to raise it up in three days?”

21But Jesus was speaking about the temple of His body.

NOt being a smarty but your question is more about the Church and Exegesis than about some physical happening. There are things in the Bible , it seems to me, that are there NOT so you can predict but so you can see when something happens that is was to happen. Far more to the point of Jesus teaching, dont you think :

23At that time, if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There He is!’ do not believe it. 24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders that would deceive even the elect, if that were possible. 25See, I have told you in advance.

26So if they tell you, ‘There He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Here He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Option C: don't worry about the big stuff that is up for debate among scholars and "keep your wedding banquet clothes on"
I only reply because your post proves you copied-and-pasted.
Even the Orthodox Jew Yoram Hazony says all the time that he is safer and more free in Hungary than in France or England or most EU countries
You are perhaps a fan of Noam Chomsky

I only reply because your post proves you copied-and-pasted.
Even the Orthodox Jew Yoram Hazony says all the time that he is safer and more free in Hungary than in France or England or most EU countries
You are perhaps a fan of Noam Chomsky
I’ve never read any of Noam’s work.

What do you believe I copy and pasted from?

Back
Top Bottom