• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Speaker Mike Johnson: "We Are On An Unsustainable Track With Our Debt"

An average family doesn’t need billions in write-offs, because they don’t have billions in income. I mean, duh! 😆

Warren Buffett would agree with you. He likes paying taxes. But, again, the problem we have in this country is no matter how much tax revenue the government collects, it’s never enough to fund everything on Bernie’s and The Squad’s shopping lists: Medicare for all; free college; free or subsidized housing for the poor; the Green New Deal to save the planet from climate change. We don’t have a tax problem. We have a spending problem.

Worse than what? Would you rather go back to Yahoo! for search, Myspace for social media, and Yellow Cab to pick you up at the airport? And what’s it to you if Meta wants to blow tens of billions of dollars perfecting virtual reality goggles?

All of these technologies will continue to evolve and improve, because they are market driven. No one really needs Google or Facebook or Uber. There are alternatives. IBM thought it had a monopoly on computers. The government sued it on antitrust grounds and maintained a consent decree against it for forty years. Then other people came along and built a better mousetrap. Now it’s happening again. The iPhone 15 is looking pretty chumpy compared to Samsung’s Galaxy S24. And I hate Android phones.😖
I liked Lycos. If I remember right, it had an MP3 search feature.

I'm a big fan of the advances that have been made in technology. Being able to utilize Google Maps to choose a route for my commute is awesome. However, I still prefer message boards over other social media options.

I'm a big fan of the advances that have been made in technology. Being able to utilize Google Maps to choose a route for my commute is awesome. However, I still prefer message boards over other social media options.

I like the map feature where you can enter a phone number and have a map of your route in real time sent to the party expecting you. They will know to the minute when you will arrive.

Back
Top Bottom