• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obamacare Case Threatens Millions With Loss of Preventative Care

Greenbeard

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
It never ends. With the legislative door closed on them due to Obamacare's popularity with the public, they're always looking for judicial activism to help them claw away any health benefits from people that they can.

Obamacare Case Threatens Millions With Loss of Preventative Care
About 150 million Americans, including 37 million children, may be cut off from potentially life-saving health care depending on the outcome of an Obamacare case set for oral arguments in a federal appeals court March 4.

The New Orleans-based US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit is reviewing a decision that struck down aspects of an Affordable Care Act mandate that requires private insurers to pay in full for certain preventive care services.

The mandate is one of “most important aspects of the Affordable Care Act,” according to Stacey Lee, an attorney and associate professor at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore. And the case presents a vehicle for undermining the 2010 law that was intended to expand access to health care and lower costs for all Americans, she said.

It’s “a really big deal,” Lee said.

And always judge-shopping for the same anti-ACA wingnuts.

At issue is a decision by one federal judge in Texas, who in March 2023 limited the types of cost-free services that must be covered by employer-provided health plans. Judge Reed O’Connor, of the US District Court for the Northern District of Texas, vacated no-cost coverage requirements for services ranging from cancer and mental health screenings to drugs that prevent new HIV infections . . .

The plaintiffs’ choice of a federal forum in which O’Connor is the only judge “wasn’t an accident,” Dach said. The judge struck down the ACA in its entirety in 2018, though the US Supreme Court overturned that decision.

I strongly urge all local MAGA to immediately give up your Obamacare coverage. If you are covered, then you are little more than a traitor to Donald, Don Jr. and Lara.

Luck of the draw. Depends on who sits on the panel.
That was more my resignation that SCOTUS is quite willing to decide based on ideology these days.😢

What did you expect? The right wing are just wreckers and nothing more.

Git yer dad gum big government hands off my Medicare!

#MAGA

Hmmmm. How do you suppose they will decide this one?

I find that I’m only occasionally (pleasantly) surprised if I start by assuming the courts will do whatever your average frothing-at-the-mouth rightwinger would want them to.

I find that I’m only occasionally (pleasantly) surprised if I start by assuming the courts will do whatever your average frothing-at-the-mouth rightwinger would want them to.
Yep.
Why did they take the immunity case?
Has any American ever been taught at any time that all Americans are subject to the rule of law except the President?

Back
Top Bottom