• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I wasn't paying attention to which forum I was on, I was just answering something I thought interesting, then noticed lots of banned folks.

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I'm thinking to myself, what the heck is getting all of these people banned? I didn't find most of the responses offensive at all, then I checked and realized I'm in the theology forum and I instantly understood. I immediately checked my two responses to see if they were 'offensive' and left the forum.

Which brings me to this question, what is it about the theology forum that gets soooooo many people suspended or banned? Does not freedom of speech exist in that forum?

This is not meant to be offensive or a challenge to the mods, I am really curious why so many get dinged there?

It isn't that it's theology. It's that there are less posts happening there, so you see threads and posts going farther back. When you do that, you start seeing more former members. It is likely many of their bans had nothing to do with posts in that area.

I'm thinking to myself, what the heck is getting all of these people banned? I didn't find most of the responses offensive at all, then I checked and realized I'm in the theology forum and I instantly understood. I immediately checked my two responses to see if they were 'offensive' and left the forum.

Which brings me to this question, what is it about the theology forum that gets soooooo many people suspended or banned?
nutters gonna nutter
Does not freedom of speech exist in that forum?
freedom of speech does exist anywhere on this site technically
DP has all the rights (As it should be) and they control what goes on, on their property
we are all just visitors with the privilege of posting here

This is not meant to be offensive or a challenge to the mods, I am really curious why so many get dinged there?
like i said my GUESS is nutters gonna nutter and like some other topics, people can get extra emotional

Gosh @bongsaway you radical!! :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, probably nothing to do with you. People get caught up in emotions on here like. I wouldn't worry about it.

Imho, the theology forum is just like the conspiracy forum but involving supernatural phenomena and /or beings only.

calling upon a higher power ... the mods

Which brings me to this question, what is it about the theology forum that gets soooooo many people suspended or banned? Does not freedom of speech exist in that forum?

It's because, unbeknownst to me, you cannot challenge God's existence in the theology forum because it's against the forums tos.
Ask me how I know....

Silly me, I just read the rules for the place and knew it wasn't for me.
I just replied to a post.... I didn't know the rules were different for the "theology" forum, so I was surprised when I took a hit for posting there.
Then, when it happened the second time, again, I was just commenting as usual, but I didn't notice I was in the now avoided "theology" forum.

People come to the forum with the sole intention of precipitating bans with the ultimate goal of getting you to blame it on Theology. ANd it works.

Religion - Guns - Abortion.......................................better keep your emotions in check while walking around in those threads! ;)

People come to the forum with the sole intention of precipitating bans with the ultimate goal of getting you to blame it on Theology. ANd it works.
Oh my.....
So you believe that folks come here intending to get banned so they can become martyrs?
Surely you must be able to see how absurd that sounds?

Oh my.....
So you believe that folks come here intending to get banned so they can become martyrs?
"Have you sacrificed anything in your life as a Christian?"

"Once I went on an Internet forum, created an account using an anonymous username, and got banned!"

"Woah, that's dedication!"

Oh my.....
Yet here you are doing the very thing you criticize. If it were seen as absurd it would not have been posted.Od you not know how absurd you sound yourself

Back
Top Bottom