• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Germany to chop down 120K trees in ancient forest for wind farm

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

All in the name of "saving the earth." Are climate cultists the biggest lying hypocrites on the planet? Seems so.

Maybe if we were to clear cut the Amazon, we could provide clean energy for all of North and South America.

Typical climate alarmism logic... cut down some very old trees, to make room for a wind farm, to save some very old trees climate activists in Germany have been known to chain themselves to... in between bouts of throwing soup and paint on very old artwork or having hysterical crying fits blocking some road somewhere.

All in the name of "saving the earth." Are climate cultists the biggest lying hypocrites on the planet? Seems so.
All of a sudden you are a tree hugger?

Quite the climate alarmist conundrum.

Great, let's give all beautiful places on earth the same eerie/creepy look as enormous swaths of the center of this country now have.

Reactions: PoS
Great, let's give all beautiful places on earth the same eerie/creepy look as enormous swaths of the center of this country now have.
Would it be better if they were oil pumpjacks, or leveling mountain tops? It's pretty daft to think there are no environmental consequences to switching to green energy, and I don't think anyone is under the assumption there isn't going to be disruption to natural environments to do so. It's a trade off, where the energy that's produced will have less impact versus doing the same for fossil fuels which not only require impacting the environment for energy extraction, but whose byproducts also pollute more than green energy.

Would it be better if they were oil pumpjacks, or leveling mountain tops? It's pretty daft to think there are no environmental consequences to switching to green energy, and I don't think anyone is under the assumption there isn't going to be disruption to natural environments to do so. It's a trade off, where the energy that's produced will have less impact versus doing the same for fossil fuels which not only require impacting the environment for energy extraction, but whose byproducts also pollute more than green energy.
It would be better if they continued their nuclear program rather than attempt to switch to non dispatchable
power before the required supporting infrastructure is in place.

120,000 trees is probably on the order of 1-2% of the total in that forest.

I wonder how many were cut down over centuries of coal mining in that region.

BFD. Where I live logging has been going on for hundreds of years. It's like farming, not mining. You replant and Presto! the forest comes back.

I'm all for well-thought use of renewables, but people refuse to see that 'sustainable' energy has its own dark side. Many solar farms destroy habitats, even those on prairies or in deserts.

It would be better if they continued their nuclear program rather than attempt to switch to non dispatchable
power before the required supporting infrastructure is in place.

Germany inexplicably shuttered their last remaining nuke plant in 2022-23.

That was smaaaht - Fredo Corleone smaaaht!

I got a great idea! Let's cut down 120K trees in the Amazon and put a wind farm there to save the planet too!

All of a sudden you are a tree hugger?
You love hypocrisy and hate trees. We get it.

BFD. Where I live logging has been going on for hundreds of years. It's like farming, not mining. You replant and Presto! the forest comes back.
Explain how you replant with a wind farm there. Go on.

Good news! Thanks for sharing!

"Germany to chop down 120K trees in ancient forest for wind farm"
Have they checked with the Climate Change alarmists about this?
I wonder how much CO2 120K tree would pull out of the atmosphere.
Wouldn't the Climate Change alarmists consider this as a 'tipping point'?
Yet silence.
That silence should tell you all you need to know about the Climate Change alarmists, shouldn't it?

Back
Top Bottom