• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Perfect Storm Could Be In The Works For Trump

I am not the one who will be declaring it a non issue, being mostly pro choice , myself.

Voters who will weigh their needs about abortions versus pocketbook and the border, might, though.

I will say that the current state of abortion law is not going to affect my vote come November.
The abortion bans are a hard one to dismiss for women if not impossible. I don't think people it doesn't affect (mainly men) realize what it will do to women. From the choices they make down to being forbidden medication because the side effect is hurting a baby. It's wide, and scary to pharmacies and doctors. It will literally shut down a lot of women's healthcare so it will be a big issue to women, regardless of party.

Dems will give that topic EVERYTHING they've got. Time will tell if that will be enough and if their obvious need to basically ignore the more important issues ends up being a winning strategy or not.
As they should. Abortion was a major major topic for the GOP - overturning Roe v Wade was a staple campaign topic for decades

"It's only justice if the jury is 100% Trump haters."
Said no such thing. Just stating reality. You could have 11 truly fair unbiased jurors and all it would take is one juror that decides not guilty b4 the trial starts

I agree that these CEOs are making way too much, but people aren't going to blame overpaid CEOs on high prices. They blame the President (however wrong that is).
Stupid people blame the law that requires that minimum wage workers to be paid at all. CEOs, according to them, are worth the tens of millions they are paid, but the line workers are the reason prices are too high.

I'm reminded that Walmart provides their workers with a website that shows them how to apply for food stamps and other public assistance, in lieu of a living wage.

If you have a full-time job and you still qualify for public assistance, you're not gaming the system. Your employer is.

You know, when a poster takes this view of the border - I just "can't even".

I had this experience with a different poster yesterday, and continuing a discussion with a poster who claims the current border situation is simply status quo, is a complete waste of time.
That seems rather disingenuous. I did not read anyone's post to suggest issues at the border are "status quo." Saying something has been a long standing issue, not created by the current administration is not claiming the way it is, is the exactly the way it's always been.

If the border truly was a critically important issue to republican voters, an issue they demanded action on, then the republicans should have made something happen. Just throwing out a doomed to fail bill in order to appease the base, is not making a legitimate effort.

Indeed, on the weekend before November 5th we're going to have to say: libruls, women and children to the underground shelters; fighters assume your battle stations.

Clarity is required.
I know all about it. I initially lived in Baltimore city for 35 years. I now live in a very red PA county. It's not a cult area, but close. I've had a philosophy for many years, always leave your house prepared for war. We've had zero problems voting in-person, but this year feels different.

I know all about it. I initially lived in Baltimore city for 35 years. I now live in a very red PA county. It's not a cult area, but close. I've had a philosophy for many years, always leave your house prepared for war. We've had zero problems voting in-person, but this year feels different.
Agreed of course.

This is the year neither side will accept the other.

One of 'em has to go. Win / Lose. MAGA has always been about win/lose.

MAGA Kaput.

Back
Top Bottom