Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: The Gospel According to Kanye

  1. #11
    Sage
    OlNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,565
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Gospel According to Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I'll stop you here because making this point is so futile for those of ill will, sigh.

    But thank you for this:

    15 It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. 16 The latter do so out of love, knowing that I am put here for the defense of the gospel. 17 The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains. 18 But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice.
    Follow up:

    Kanye West Recalls 'Mental Breakdown' During Joel Osteen Service | PEOPLE.com

    sigh...thoughts?
    Life's too short...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont View Post
    Winning comes so easily, I barely have to think about it. I've been called the Donald Trump of forum for good reason.

  2. #12
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,288

    Re: The Gospel According to Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by OlNate View Post
    I watched just a minute of the live stream, and it was the exact right minute, the one during which Kanye referred to himself as the greatest artist God ever created. Yes. And Osteen just stood beside him with a stupid grin on his face.

  3. #13
    Sage
    OlNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,565
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Gospel According to Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I watched just a minute of the live stream, and it was the exact right minute, the one during which Kanye referred to himself as the greatest artist God ever created. Yes. And Osteen just stood beside him with a stupid grin on his face.
    Yeah..... This is why I simply can't take my religious inspiration from rich folks. I read the Bible, it warns about these types...a lot.
    Life's too short...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont View Post
    Winning comes so easily, I barely have to think about it. I've been called the Donald Trump of forum for good reason.

  4. #14
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,288

    Re: The Gospel According to Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by OlNate View Post
    Yeah..... This is why I simply can't take my religious inspiration from rich folks. I read the Bible, it warns about these types...a lot.
    I don't know whether this is an "enthusiasm" for Kanye or what, but nothing he does or says is going to influence me. I'm pretty old-school.

  5. #15
    Sage
    OlNate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    14,565
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Gospel According to Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I don't know whether this is an "enthusiasm" for Kanye or what, but nothing he does or says is going to influence me. I'm pretty old-school.
    Not sure if I understood you perfectly, but if you're talking about what all this is for Kanye, I'd say it was an attempt to appeal to a Christian market. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time...politicians have done it forever.
    Life's too short...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mashmont View Post
    Winning comes so easily, I barely have to think about it. I've been called the Donald Trump of forum for good reason.

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,288

    Re: The Gospel According to Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by OlNate View Post
    Not sure if I understood you perfectly, but if you're talking about what all this is for Kanye, I'd say it was an attempt to appeal to a Christian market. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time...politicians have done it forever.
    I can't judge his intentions; only his Father knows his heart. I can certainly understand why people are cynical and skeptical, though, and think it's fair to say that he needs a little stronger focus on, uh, humility.

  7. #17
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    24,097

    Re: The Gospel According to Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I saw the highlights of that this morning on GMA. I don't watch or keep up much with televangelists like Osteen but I was kind of shocked at the size and magnitude of the service. It's like a rock concert atmosphere. And of course, KK was front and center looking all conservative.
    I am the Chosen One


    _____________________________________________

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    53,288

    Re: The Gospel According to Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    I saw the highlights of that this morning on GMA. I don't watch or keep up much with televangelists like Osteen but I was kind of shocked at the size and magnitude of the service. It's like a rock concert atmosphere. And of course, KK was front and center looking all conservative.
    They don't call it a "mega-church" for nothing. I just really can't imagine attending church services in a stadium, but as I say, I'm pretty old-school.


  9. #19
    Sage

    OldFatGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,155
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Gospel According to Kanye

    For some reason I can't quite pin down, this all very much reminds me of the HBO series, The Fabulous Gemstones. Worth viewing for those who subscribe to HBO. John Goodman as a patriarch of an evangelist megachurch family, and of course a family of mercenary misfits.

    I clog dance for god!
    What kind of a man is a man who has not left this world a better place?

    No one is in control.

  10. #20
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    24,097

    Re: The Gospel According to Kanye

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    They don't call it a "mega-church" for nothing. I just really can't imagine attending church services in a stadium, but as I say, I'm pretty old-school.

    I'm old school that way too, I like intimate services and maybe because of my Catholic upbringing but I love an old church with a lot of stained glass.
    I am the Chosen One


    _____________________________________________

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •