Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 120

Thread: 2 lies told by every Christian religion from Jehovah’s Witness to Roman Catholicism

  1. #1
    Advisor Babykat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    USA, Alabama
    Last Seen
    07-15-19 @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    400

    2 lies told by every Christian religion from Jehovah’s Witness to Roman Catholicism

    First is that 1. “they are the only true Christian religion ordained by god (Jehovah)”. Second is that 2. “by following them (E.I. Join their religion or follow their rules) it will be easier to find salvation”. I am a Christian myself. So I’m not arguing with any Christian beliefs besides these two.

    1. First if god (Jehovah) wanted Jesus to set up a religion. Why didn’t he do it while he was here on earth. Second Albert Einstein said “ Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” I don’t believe that my god is insane. Look at this every time god gave power to a man to shepherd over his sheep they where corrupted. Take Solomon given wisdom by god( 1 kings 4:29 God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore.) and he still turned his back on god. (1 kings 11: 9,10 The Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the Lord, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 10Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the Lord’s command.)

    2. Your path to salvation is your own. No one can lead you down it. (Matthew 15:14 Leave them; they are blind guides. d If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”)

    This is my own opinion and I’m open to constructive debate. If you feel I’m wrong I would like to see your argument.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A true patriot of freedom will defend another’s individual rights just as fiercely as they will defend their own.
    “Liberty is not the power of doing what we like, but the right of being able to do what we ought” Sir John Dalberg-Acton

  2. #2
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,038

    Re: 2 lies told by every Christian religion from Jehovah’s Witness to Roman Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by Babykat View Post
    First is that 1. “they are the only true Christian religion ordained by god (Jehovah)”. Second is that 2. “by following them (E.I. Join their religion or follow their rules) it will be easier to find salvation”. I am a Christian myself. So I’m not arguing with any Christian beliefs besides these two.

    1. First if god (Jehovah) wanted Jesus to set up a religion. Why didn’t he do it while he was here on earth. Second Albert Einstein said “ Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” I don’t believe that my god is insane. Look at this every time god gave power to a man to shepherd over his sheep they where corrupted. Take Solomon given wisdom by god( 1 kings 4:29 God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore.) and he still turned his back on god. (1 kings 11: 9,10 The Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the Lord, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 10Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the Lord’s command.)

    2. Your path to salvation is your own. No one can lead you down it. (Matthew 15:14 Leave them; they are blind guides. d If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”)

    This is my own opinion and I’m open to constructive debate. If you feel I’m wrong I would like to see your argument.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congratulations! After every other Christian in history got it wrong, you’ve finally figured out What Jesus Really Meant (tm).

    What will you do next?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    06-05-19 @ 05:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    171

    Re: 2 lies told by every Christian religion from Jehovah’s Witness to Roman Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by Babykat View Post
    First is that 1. “they are the only true Christian religion ordained by god (Jehovah)”. Second is that 2. “by following them (E.I. Join their religion or follow their rules) it will be easier to find salvation”. I am a Christian myself. So I’m not arguing with any Christian beliefs besides these two.

    1. First if god (Jehovah) wanted Jesus to set up a religion. Why didn’t he do it while he was here on earth. Second Albert Einstein said “ Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” I don’t believe that my god is insane. Look at this every time god gave power to a man to shepherd over his sheep they where corrupted. Take Solomon given wisdom by god( 1 kings 4:29 God gave Solomon wisdom and very great insight, and a breadth of understanding as measureless as the sand on the seashore.) and he still turned his back on god. (1 kings 11: 9,10 The Lord became angry with Solomon because his heart had turned away from the Lord, the God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice. 10Although he had forbidden Solomon to follow other gods, Solomon did not keep the Lord’s command.)

    2. Your path to salvation is your own. No one can lead you down it. (Matthew 15:14 Leave them; they are blind guides. d If the blind lead the blind, both will fall into a pit.”)

    This is my own opinion and I’m open to constructive debate. If you feel I’m wrong I would like to see your argument.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boy oh boy. I would not go out in any lightning storms if I were you. Know what I mean?

  4. #4
    Advisor Babykat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    USA, Alabama
    Last Seen
    07-15-19 @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    400

    Re: 2 lies told by every Christian religion from Jehovah’s Witness to Roman Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by AmNat View Post
    Congratulations! After every other Christian in history got it wrong, you’ve finally figured out What Jesus Really Meant (tm).

    What will you do next?
    I would be more than willing to listen to your argument if you believe I’m wrong and it is presented from the Bible.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A true patriot of freedom will defend another’s individual rights just as fiercely as they will defend their own.
    “Liberty is not the power of doing what we like, but the right of being able to do what we ought” Sir John Dalberg-Acton

  5. #5
    Advisor Babykat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    USA, Alabama
    Last Seen
    07-15-19 @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    400

    Re: 2 lies told by every Christian religion from Jehovah’s Witness to Roman Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by CommunityStanda View Post
    Boy oh boy. I would not go out in any lightning storms if I were you. Know what I mean?
    If you believe I’m wrong I am willing to listen and debate any biblical argument you present.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A true patriot of freedom will defend another’s individual rights just as fiercely as they will defend their own.
    “Liberty is not the power of doing what we like, but the right of being able to do what we ought” Sir John Dalberg-Acton

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    06-05-19 @ 05:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    171

    Re: 2 lies told by every Christian religion from Jehovah’s Witness to Roman Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by Babykat View Post
    If you believe I’m wrong I am willing to listen and debate any biblical argument you present.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All you need to know about God and religion can be learned by watching my spiritual leader, Joel Osteen. And Pat Robertson from the 700 club could teach you about religion, also.

  7. #7
    pleb nekrodev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,996

    Re: 2 lies told by every Christian religion from Jehovah’s Witness to Roman Catholicism

    a more plausible answer to this issue is that they're all wrong, and it's just a bunch of fairy tales.

  8. #8
    Educator
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,038

    Re: 2 lies told by every Christian religion from Jehovah’s Witness to Roman Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by Babykat View Post
    I would be more than willing to listen to your argument if you believe I’m wrong and it is presented from the Bible.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. - Matthew 16:18-19

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    05-24-19 @ 03:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,091

    Re: 2 lies told by every Christian religion from Jehovah’s Witness to Roman Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by CommunityStanda View Post
    All you need to know about God and religion can be learned by watching my spiritual leader, Joel Osteen. And Pat Robertson from the 700 club could teach you about religion, also.
    That must be a joke. Osteen is painfully transparent as a greedy con-man, and Robertson is more of the same, a bit less obvious about it, with a heaping dose of Alex Jonesian style of crazy.

    Private jets for Jesus, folks, give until it hurts.

  10. #10
    Advisor Babykat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    USA, Alabama
    Last Seen
    07-15-19 @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    400

    Re: 2 lies told by every Christian religion from Jehovah’s Witness to Roman Catholicism

    Quote Originally Posted by AmNat View Post
    And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. - Matthew 16:18-19
    Did you know that they didn’t even have a word for church back then. They had one for temple but not church. Another translation of this verse is
    Matthew 16:18I tell you that you are Peter,g and it is on this rockh that I will build my congregation,i and the powers of hellj will not conquer it.
    Plus if peter was to build Jesus’s church that would mean that the Roman Catholic Church is the only god ordained church and everything they do is blessed by god. Including the Crusades and the oppression of science.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A true patriot of freedom will defend another’s individual rights just as fiercely as they will defend their own.
    “Liberty is not the power of doing what we like, but the right of being able to do what we ought” Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •