Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 119 of 119

Thread: GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

  1. #111
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    12-09-19 @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,137

    Re: GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    Philippians 2

    5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

    6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

    7 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.

    8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!




    If Jesus is the very nature, God - and He is EQUAL with God - who else can He be?

    Furthermore.....

    If Jesus is not God Himself - claiming to be "EQUAL with God" - that smacks of sheer vanity!
    It's a downright lie!

    Jesus made claim to titles that are claimed by, and used for God! Just read them all again!

    Someone who tells lies and contradicts the Scriptures...... cannot be from God.
    BUT, we do know who is the master of lies and deceits, don't we?


    So, there you go.

  2. #112
    Sage
    zyzygy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Flanders.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    37,656

    Re: GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

    deleted
    Originally Posted by Mashmont
    "Because the right isn't hate-filled."

    "the perfect nature of the Catholic Church"-Mashmont

  3. #113
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    12-09-19 @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,137

    Re: GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

    The name, Immanuel, more than just "imply" that Jesus is God.
    It declares!

    It is supported by both Luke 1 and John 1 (all referring to Jesus' conception and birth)!

    John 1 formally introduced THE WORD as God, and Jesus as God Himself, who came as a human.



    John 1
    The Eternal Word
    1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.


    The Word Becomes Flesh

    14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.





    Luke 1 declares the role of God (as Jesus).

    It does not say the baby whom Mary will conceive, is the Son of God.

    It says, the baby WILL BE CALLED the Son of God. TWICE!




    Luke 1
    30 Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
    31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus.
    32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
    33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.”


    34 Then Mary said to the angel, “How can this be, since I [g]do not know a man?”

    35 And the angel answered and said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.





    The same is said in Matthew 1. His name, is a declaration that Jesus is God Himself.


    Matthew 1
    23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”




    All three verses support, and REINFORCE the fact that Jesus and God are One and the Same!
    Last edited by tosca1; 08-08-19 at 07:40 AM.

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    12-09-19 @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,137

    Re: GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]


    "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God" (Isa.40:3).



    The Hebrew translation for "LORD" in this verse is Yehovah.


    (Note: Thanks to Jerry Shugart for this).

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    12-09-19 @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,137

    Re: GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

    Thanks to Elvira for giving this. I don't think it's been posted in this thread.



    “He is the reflection of [God’s] glory and the exact representation of his very being.

    Hebrews 1:3




    Not only is Jesus a reflection of God (as in your own reflection shown in the mirror)……………….

    .....................….but, He is also the EXACT REPRESENTATION of GOD's VERY BEING!



    In other words, Jesus Christ is the FACSIMILE of God, as a human!


    Facsimile means, a reproduction!
    Last edited by tosca1; 10-31-19 at 09:31 AM.

  6. #116
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    12-11-19 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,158

    Re: GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    John 8

    19 Then they asked him, “Where is your father?”

    “You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.”



    Dispute over who Jesus is

    24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.”

    25 “Who are you?” they asked.

    “Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied. 26 “I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world.”

    27 They did not understand that he was telling them about his Father. 28 So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up[a] the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he and that I do nothing on my own but speak just what the Father has taught me. 29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.”



    Jesus' Claims About Himself

    50 I am not seeking glory for myself; but there is one who seeks it, and he is the judge. 51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.”



    54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me. 55 Though you do not know him, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word.





    God wants glorification. He's the only God, and He wants to be glorified.
    Therefore......why would Jesus claim that God glorifies Him?
    Wouldn't that contradict this verse?


    Isaiah 42
    8 I am the Lord: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.



    Not only does He identify Himself as The Lord (the same title given to Jesus)........but why would God give glory to the Son, if they're not One and the Same?


    God says He isn't going to give glory to another.....why is Jesus claiming otherwise?



    If you believe Jesus is not God....

    ......then, you're saying the Bible has contradictions......Jesus was just mouthing off nonsense......

    .........and therefore, the Bible cannot be trusted.
    Because man's interpretations often cannot be trusted as being correct. There is the Father and the Lord. Two personages. Now, you should be able to justify and accept the teachings of Jesus.

  7. #117
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Seen
    12-11-19 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,158

    Re: GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    Thanks to Elvira for giving this. I don't think it's been posted in this thread.



    “He is the reflection of [God’s] glory and the exact representation of his very being.

    Hebrews 1:3




    Not only is Jesus a reflection of God (as in your own reflection shown in the mirror)……………….

    .....................….but, He is also the EXACT REPRESENTATION of GOD's VERY BEING!



    In other words, Jesus Christ is the FACSIMILE of God, as a human!


    Facsimile means, a reproduction!
    Elvira is confused. Yes, Jesus is the reproduction of the Father through the woman, Mary, mother of Jesus. He is the very Lord spoken about in the Old Testament, Jehovah the Son of the Father. Two very distinct and separate personages.

  8. #118
    Ugly bag of mostly water
    it's just me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    11-27-19 @ 12:28 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,988

    Re: GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    Thanks to Elvira for giving this. I don't think it's been posted in this thread.



    “He is the reflection of [God’s] glory and the exact representation of his very being.

    Hebrews 1:3




    Not only is Jesus a reflection of God (as in your own reflection shown in the mirror)……………….

    .....................….but, He is also the EXACT REPRESENTATION of GOD's VERY BEING!



    In other words, Jesus Christ is the FACSIMILE of God, as a human!


    Facsimile means, a reproduction!
    Not a facsimile, the same thing. Coessential, the same. Not a copy.
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass."

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    12-09-19 @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,137

    Re: GOD HIMSELF will be with them[W;105]

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    Not a facsimile, the same thing. Coessential, the same. Not a copy.
    Yes, I understand what you mean. Jesus is God.

    But a "facsimile" of God - as a human!
    God is Spirit. Therefore, God is not human.

    Because Jesus is God Himself who became man...………. thus, He is described as an exact representation of God.



    A synonym for a "representation," is "a copy."

    Representation Synonyms, Representation Antonyms | Thesaurus.com


    Synonyms for "facsimile" are: carbon copy, copy, duplicate, mirror, Xerox

    Facsimile Synonyms, Facsimile Antonyms | Thesaurus.com



    Interestingly, facsimile's synonym of "mirror," also jives well with the verse's description of Christ as a reflection of God's glory.
    Last edited by tosca1; 11-10-19 at 05:23 PM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •