Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: DP forum Dark Mode

  1. #1
    bis vincit qui se vincit

    Wayne Jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,246

    DP forum Dark Mode

    I guess this is just a suggestion for my fellow Chrome Master Race out there for seeing this forum in Dark Mode without switching to the clunky 'black theme':

    Dark Mode - Chrome Web Store
    Vaccines, because it's not always about you.

  2. #2
    bis vincit qui se vincit

    Wayne Jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,246

    Re: DP forum Dark Mode

    I should add that Chrome includes a couple of dozen different takes of Dark Mode. You can access these by right-clicking on the addon and selecting "options". I'm fond of Purple Dark.
    Vaccines, because it's not always about you.

  3. #3
    A sinister place...
    OrphanSlug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,340

    Re: DP forum Dark Mode

    Works well, thank you!
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid." - Penn Jillette.

  4. #4
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    62,846

    Re: DP forum Dark Mode

    Firefox is the superior browser, and the correlating dark mode addon is Dark Reader. I don't like simply inverting the colors/values, and Dark Reader allows you to surgically darken the overall page until it's easier on the eyes. You can lower and raise the contrast too if that's your thing.

    Dark Reader – Get this Extension for 🦊 Firefox (en-US)

  5. #5
    Not quite there yet
    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    East Coast Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    27,494

    Re: DP forum Dark Mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Firefox is the superior browser, and the correlating dark mode addon is Dark Reader. I don't like simply inverting the colors/values, and Dark Reader allows you to surgically darken the overall page until it's easier on the eyes. You can lower and raise the contrast too if that's your thing.

    Dark Reader – Get this Extension for �� Firefox (en-US)
    Will check it out

    Now do ya have an excellent replacement for NoSquint
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/josh-dawsey/
    “The whole episode is sadly unsurprising,” said a senior U.S. official familiar with U.S. policy on Ukraine. “It’s the epitome of impulsive, self-serving decision-making at the top that has undermined American power.”

  6. #6
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    62,846

    Re: DP forum Dark Mode

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Will check it out

    Now do ya have an excellent replacement for NoSquint
    No. I've just been using ctrl + to increase the font size.

  7. #7
    Not quite there yet
    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    East Coast Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    27,494

    Re: DP forum Dark Mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    No. I've just been using ctrl + to increase the font size.
    Same here, time for FF to get a decent replacement
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/josh-dawsey/
    “The whole episode is sadly unsurprising,” said a senior U.S. official familiar with U.S. policy on Ukraine. “It’s the epitome of impulsive, self-serving decision-making at the top that has undermined American power.”

  8. #8
    Respected on both sides

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    62,846

    Re: DP forum Dark Mode

    Quote Originally Posted by JANFU View Post
    Same here, time for FF to get a decent replacement
    Yeah. I’m super nervous about putting strange thirty party add-ons onto my browser that could be sending personal browsing info back to the mothership.

  9. #9
    Not quite there yet
    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    East Coast Canada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    27,494

    Re: DP forum Dark Mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yeah. I’m super nervous about putting strange thirty party add-ons onto my browser that could be sending personal browsing info back to the mothership.
    True enough
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/josh-dawsey/
    “The whole episode is sadly unsurprising,” said a senior U.S. official familiar with U.S. policy on Ukraine. “It’s the epitome of impulsive, self-serving decision-making at the top that has undermined American power.”

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •