Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: How To Solve the Equal Pay Issue Between Men & Women In Sports

  1. #1
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    08-08-19 @ 09:26 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,693

    How To Solve the Equal Pay Issue Between Men & Women In Sports

    I've been thinking about this "issue" regarding the idea that women don't make the same amount of money as men in sports.

    I have a solution. A simple "fix" for the problem. Also, this would solve the issue regarding transgender athletes.

    Just eliminate the separation, and have everyone compete with, and against each other.

    No ladies soccer. No ladies golf. No ladies weight lifting. No ladies track. No ladies tennis.

    Just soccer, golf, track, weight lifting, MMA, tennis....

    Same rules, same everything.

    People want "fair". Make it fair.

    If a female ice hockey player wants to make as much money as Sidney Crosby, let her get drafted into the NHL and play just as good as Sydney Crosby. On the same ice, and against the same opponents.

    How many women could competitively play basketball in the NBA? Assuming there's no requirement to have some ratio of men to women.

    Why isn't Serena Williams playing against Federer and/or Djokovic? She beats them, she can win all the money.

    100 meter dash? Just the fastest top runners, regardless of gender.

    Eliminate the gender/sex separation, and let the best athlete(s) win. Winner gets the prize.

    Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I do speak for all of Christianity, you just don't know what Christianity is.

  2. #2
    pleb nekrodev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: How To Solve the Equal Pay Issue Between Men & Women In Sports

    As a non-sports-watcher, I have no idea. Like, obviously women's sports don't tend to draw the same interest, which is what drives profits for most sports, but that's also a capitalist thing that doesn't necessarily have to to be true - so...maybe we pay male athletes less, because it's not exactly that hard to do sports, and then we even out the field for everyone else.

    For at least some sports, maybe go coed, if not all sports.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    08-08-19 @ 09:26 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,693

    Re: How To Solve the Equal Pay Issue Between Men & Women In Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by nekrodev View Post
    obviously women's sports don't tend to draw the same interest,
    Exactly. So why should they pay the same?


    You want equal pay, play on the same level as those you think are getting paid more than you.

    Pretty simple.

    Regardless of male/female - if you think you should make equal money as Tom Brady/Sydney Crosby/Lebron James, then play like them.
    Prove you're worth that money by matching their stats, in the same league they play in, against the same competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I do speak for all of Christianity, you just don't know what Christianity is.

  4. #4
    Professor
    jdog21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,472

    Re: How To Solve the Equal Pay Issue Between Men & Women In Sports

    Just establish a percentage of the teams salaries and league funds that will go towards sports players(labors).
    So if women bring in less revenue then they get less pay and so forth.
    Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical, liberal, fanatical, criminal.

  5. #5
    pleb nekrodev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: How To Solve the Equal Pay Issue Between Men & Women In Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Exactly. So why should they pay the same?


    You want equal pay, play on the same level as those you think are getting paid more than you.

    Pretty simple.

    Regardless of male/female - if you think you should make equal money as Tom Brady/Sydney Crosby/Lebron James, then play like them.
    Prove you're worth that money by matching their stats, in the same league they play in, against the same competition.

    Regardless of how much some of the silly feminist types would like to pretend, the average female does not have the same physical strength or stamina that men have, it's just a fact. It's not a law, and some women perform better than many men, but just generally speaking, men perform on a higher level in sports.

    That said, does someone doing the same job deserve less pay because of a physical limitation they can't control? Women's sports is also a very new phenomena compared to most other things. It's not a simple issue at all - and it gets even crazier when you start adding in transgender stuff. I'm not an expert on sex, gender, or any sports, but some people are, and they should be able to figure this out.

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,996

    Re: How To Solve the Equal Pay Issue Between Men & Women In Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by nekrodev View Post
    Regardless of how much some of the silly feminist types would like to pretend, the average female does not have the same physical strength or stamina that men have, it's just a fact. It's not a law, and some women perform better than many men, but just generally speaking, men perform on a higher level in sports.

    That said, does someone doing the same job deserve less pay because of a physical limitation they can't control? Women's sports is also a very new phenomena compared to most other things. It's not a simple issue at all - and it gets even crazier when you start adding in transgender stuff. I'm not an expert on sex, gender, or any sports, but some people are, and they should be able to figure this out.
    Economics experts should be able to explain too.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    08-08-19 @ 09:26 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,693

    Re: How To Solve the Equal Pay Issue Between Men & Women In Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by nekrodev View Post
    Regardless of how much some of the silly feminist types would like to pretend, the average female does not have the same physical strength or stamina that men have, it's just a fact. It's not a law, and some women perform better than many men, but just generally speaking, men perform on a higher level in sports.
    So why's there a problem with men getting paid more?
    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I do speak for all of Christianity, you just don't know what Christianity is.

  8. #8
    pleb nekrodev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: How To Solve the Equal Pay Issue Between Men & Women In Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Economics experts should be able to explain too.
    given our other disagreements, I don't know if we'd agree on anything involving economics, but maybe?

  9. #9
    pleb nekrodev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: How To Solve the Equal Pay Issue Between Men & Women In Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    So why's there a problem with men getting paid more?
    because as a society, we've decided labor costs should be decided by the job, not the about of consumer interest. that's why Lamborghinis cost more than Ford Fiestas, despite selling less than 1/1000th as many units. Most super expensive cars are at least partially handmade, and require very specific craftsmanship.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    08-08-19 @ 09:26 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,693

    Re: How To Solve the Equal Pay Issue Between Men & Women In Sports

    Quote Originally Posted by nekrodev View Post
    because as a society, we've decided labor costs should be decided by the job, not the about of consumer interest. that's why Lamborghinis cost more than Ford Fiestas, despite selling less than 1/1000th as many units. Most super expensive cars are at least partially handmade, and require very specific craftsmanship.
    Are you saying a Lamborghini should cost the same as a Ford Fiesta?
    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I do speak for all of Christianity, you just don't know what Christianity is.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •