Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 940 of 1064

Thread: [W:789]Nba 2018-19

  1. #931
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!
    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    38,374
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: [W:789]Nba 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Storm View Post
    How is this for classless when it comes to you Americans?? You were up by 7 or 8 goals yet you decide to go for 13 instead, even though goal difference doesnt count, and yet your side keeps cheering for every goal till the end as well:

    U.S. Soccer WNT (@USWNT) | Twitter
    Not even remotely the same thing. You're comparing apples to bowling balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    See, I don't expect to be taken seriously.

  2. #932
    Global Moderator
    Silent Bob for President!
    RedAkston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    38,374
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: [W:789]Nba 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Storm View Post
    Good, we will send you a message as to who wins next 2 NBA games
    Well, The Raptors only need to win 1. So who are they playing in the 2nd game?
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    See, I don't expect to be taken seriously.

  3. #933
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    74,673
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: [W:789]Nba 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Storm View Post
    Good, we will send you a message as to who wins next 2 NBA games
    I'm rooting for the Raptors.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #934
    Sage
    Linc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    43,355

    Re: [W:789]Nba 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Sending a message.
    It looks like itís time for a reminder, especially to me included, for all of us to remember why we love and live sports so much at all levels. Focusing on everything that happens between the lines, and the positive good from sports that happens outside the lines, should always be our mission.

    Sports have become so technically advanced during our lifetimes in this computer age, with you being older than my 65 yoa. Iirc, it was FOX sports that started the graphics on TV that we now just take for granted, followed by ESPN, and then the 3 major networks.

    And yes, verbal harassment of players has always been a part of major league sports, especially MLB. Itís that negative nonverbal communication that is so difficult for fans to control.

    I donít have a dog in this hunt. I just want the best TEAM to win, and see great basketball. I want everyone to feel chills and be thrilled.
    Chemists Have Solutions; formerly nimby

  5. #935
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    74,673
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: [W:789]Nba 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Linc View Post
    It looks like it’s time for a reminder, especially to me included, for all of us to remember why we love and live sports so much at all levels. Focusing on everything that happens between the lines, and the positive good from sports that happens outside the lines, should always be our mission.

    Sports have become so technically advanced during our lifetimes in this computer age, with you being older than my 65 yoa. Iirc, it was FOX sports that started the graphics on TV that we now just take for granted, followed by ESPN, and then the 3 major networks.

    And yes, verbal harassment of players has always been a part of major league sports, especially MLB. It’s that negative nonverbal communication that is so difficult for fans to control.

    I don’t have a dog in this hunt. I just want the best TEAM to win, and see great basketball. I want everyone to feel chills and be thrilled.
    All good. The comment was about the US beating Thailand 13-0 in the soccer Women's World Cup.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #936
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,962

    Re: [W:789]Nba 2018-19

    It's kind of rich reading the dissing of Toronto's fans for initially jeering at Durant's injury. In this age of social media outrage for every "slight", I suppose it's to be expected even here. But seriously, is there a single fan base in any sport, in such a high profile, high intensity situation, who wouldn't initially react the exact same way? And you make it seem like it was 20,000 people inside the building with the same reaction when it was relatively few. And let's remember, for this entire series there have been many, some on this forum, who've claimed the Raptors' wins in this series are somehow illegitimate because Durant hadn't played a game ignoring the fact that the Warriors had won 6 straight games without him against what those same "experts" claimed was superior talent in Houston and Portland, so here in Toronto we're a little sick of the disrespect.

    Warriors may win the series - stranger things have happened - but so far, through each of the 5 games played, the Raptors have been the better team in each of those games.

    As for Durant, if he's wise and his agents can get some team to foolishly sign him to a big, long term contract, he should jump at the chance. Such a contract would be a huge gamble, being one that could not be insured by the team and with no guarantee that Durant ever plays again let alone plays at a very high level again. Lots of teams with that amount of money to burn on the gamble and as a business decision Durant should take the big payday now, if he can get it, because if he opts for the GSW $31 million, that may be the last contract of significant value he ever sees. But then, Durant lacked wisdom in playing on Monday night, so who knows what will happen.
    "Giving money and power to liberals is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P. J. O'Rourke

  7. #937
    Sage
    Bucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,094
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: [W:789]Nba 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    Let's hope KD goes Dominique and actually improves after surgery and not Kobe or Elton Brand who never were the same again.
    KD is a jump shooter, not a big man. He will get a max contract despite this injury.

    Brooklyn, New York, LA (both teams), and Golden State will still offer him the max they can offer.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Albert Einstein

  8. #938
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    96,059

    Re: [W:789]Nba 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It's kind of rich reading the dissing of Toronto's fans for initially jeering at Durant's injury. In this age of social media outrage for every "slight", I suppose it's to be expected even here. But seriously, is there a single fan base in any sport, in such a high profile, high intensity situation, who wouldn't initially react the exact same way? And you make it seem like it was 20,000 people inside the building with the same reaction when it was relatively few. And let's remember, for this entire series there have been many, some on this forum, who've claimed the Raptors' wins in this series are somehow illegitimate because Durant hadn't played a game ignoring the fact that the Warriors had won 6 straight games without him against what those same "experts" claimed was superior talent in Houston and Portland, so here in Toronto we're a little sick of the disrespect.

    Warriors may win the series - stranger things have happened - but so far, through each of the 5 games played, the Raptors have been the better team in each of those games.

    As for Durant, if he's wise and his agents can get some team to foolishly sign him to a big, long term contract, he should jump at the chance. Such a contract would be a huge gamble, being one that could not be insured by the team and with no guarantee that Durant ever plays again let alone plays at a very high level again. Lots of teams with that amount of money to burn on the gamble and as a business decision Durant should take the big payday now, if he can get it, because if he opts for the GSW $31 million, that may be the last contract of significant value he ever sees. But then, Durant lacked wisdom in playing on Monday night, so who knows what will happen.
    In all fairness, it’s safe to say fans had no idea how serious the injury was at the moment.
    The stupidity on the Right is legion, surpassed only by the ignorance. - Calamity 2019

  9. #939
    Sage
    Bucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,094
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: [W:789]Nba 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    In all fairness, it’s safe to say fans had no idea how serious the injury was at the moment.
    Yes, and the behavior from fans in America is typically much worse. Canadians are typically harmless people.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. Albert Einstein

  10. #940
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,962

    Re: [W:789]Nba 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by GodlessBrandy View Post
    Toronto will do what they always do. Whether it's the Leafs, the Raptors, the Blue Jays, the Argos..................

    CHOKE.
    I attended the last Blue Jays' World Series winning game - "touch em all Joe" - and the most recent Argos Grey Cup win. Leafs are, no question, a tragedy of mismanagement and poor ownership over the decades but clearly on the right path. And the Raptors, while not having a lot of success have been a model expansion franchise and the past six or so years have been very successful. Lot of teams a lot older than the Raptors who've not won it all or been in contention for decades.

    But hey, if it makes you feel superior, more power to you.
    "Giving money and power to liberals is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P. J. O'Rourke

Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •