Page 251 of 309 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 3083

Thread: [W:549] Nfl 2018

  1. #2501
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,211

    Re: [W:549] Nfl 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    We all appreciate, as a Cheatriots fan, you'd have no appreciation of the integrity of the game and playing all games to the best of the abilities of the players on the field. Chicago may have lost to the Eagles on Sunday, but they gained a lot in the eyes of people like me who appreciate that they went out and played their best because the game meant a lot to both the Vikings and the Eagles - that's a team with class!!
    Lol you have written paragraphs defending Mike Tomlin, a man who once deliberately tripped a player during the game.

    Class you say????
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  2. #2502
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,211

    Re: [W:549] Nfl 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by SenorXm/Sirius View Post
    Be forewarned. I'm going to pat myself on the back here...lol

    I said years ago Brown should be traded and Tomlin should be fired. Well the Steelers once again folded and lost to teams this years that they should have easily beat.(Raiders and Broncos).. Which cost them the playoffs.. That's my case again against Tomlin..This happens every year with him. Not missing the playoffs, but playing down to the other teams level. That's ALL on the coach.

    Now for Brown. He's a selfish cancer in the clubhouse. He wasn't voted the Steelers MVP by his own teammates even though he had 15 TD catches. AND he wasn't voted to the NFL pro-bowl even though those 15 TD catches lead the league. I think that makes my case. In the past I've seen people say Brown was a good teammate.. Obviously that's not true. He's not liked by his own team, or the league.

    I realize ANY sports team needs talent to win. The best coach in the world can't win without talent. But selfish players like Bell and Brown, IMO, cause more trouble than they are worth. Bell's gone. Brown? IDK, I'm reading where the Steelers will take a $21 mil cap hit if they trade him. That's a lot of money. But damn, the Steelers have a history of drafting good, if they can get a couple of good draft picks for him? I say take the cap hit..

    Brown will also be 31 next season with arguably his best years behind him.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  3. #2503
    Sage
    Bucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,243
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: [W:549] Nfl 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Brown will also be 31 next season with arguably his best years behind him.
    I would much rather overpay and sign Adam Humphries free agent wr for the bucs than trade for a brown
    “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”

    ― Stephen King

  4. #2504
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,673

    Re: [W:549] Nfl 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Lol you have written paragraphs defending Mike Tomlin, a man who once deliberately tripped a player during the game.

    Class you say????
    On that play, Tomlin admitted he made a mistake running down the sideline and getting in the way of the player. He immediately accepted his fine and apologized to his team and the league. That's entirely different from the Cheatriots who, in all cases when caught, plead innocence, cry to the public for sympathy, and even remain adamant they did nothing wrong when the evidence is stacked up against them and they've been proven cheaters. They even go to court and lose, dragging the situation on forever, rather than accept their punishment admirably.

    This, however has nothing to do with Bucky's claim that a team is stupid for not playing to win against a team that is trying to win to get into the playoffs. I'm guessing that even you wouldn't condone such a dishonest way to approach the game.
    "Giving money and power to liberals is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys" - P. J. O'Rourke

  5. #2505
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,427

    Re: [W:549] Nfl 2018

    After a heartbreaking loss for the Bears now the team loses Vic Fangio as he becomes Denver's new HC. What a crappy week this has been...

  6. #2506
    Sage
    Bucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,243
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: [W:549] Nfl 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    On that play, Tomlin admitted he made a mistake running down the sideline and getting in the way of the player. He immediately accepted his fine and apologized to his team and the league. That's entirely different from the Cheatriots who, in all cases when caught, plead innocence, cry to the public for sympathy, and even remain adamant they did nothing wrong when the evidence is stacked up against them and they've been proven cheaters. They even go to court and lose, dragging the situation on forever, rather than accept their punishment admirably.

    This, however has nothing to do with Bucky's claim that a team is stupid for not playing to win against a team that is trying to win to get into the playoffs. I'm guessing that even you wouldn't condone such a dishonest way to approach the game.
    If the Steelers were playing a meaningless game against the Browns where winning would lead them to play against the Patriots in the playoffs and losing would lead them to play the Browns, you would bet Mike Tomlin would start Mason Rudolph.

    What the Bears did was dumb.
    “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”

    ― Stephen King

  7. #2507
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,427

    Re: [W:549] Nfl 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    If the Steelers were playing a meaningless game against the Browns where winning would lead them to play against the Patriots in the playoffs and losing would lead them to play the Browns, you would bet Mike Tomlin would start Mason Rudolph.

    What the Bears did was dumb.
    Nah, throwing games is something the Cheatriots would do, but the Bears have more class. Anyway the way I see it the Bears screwed up by being conservative in the first half, and their idiotic kicker sucks- thats why they lost. Nick Foles had lousy stats against them- the only reason why they scored that first touchdown was because of penalties and the Bears had ten men on the field.

  8. #2508
    Sage
    Bucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,243
    Blog Entries
    18

    Re: [W:549] Nfl 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Nah, throwing games is something the Cheatriots would do, but the Bears have more class. Anyway the way I see it the Bears screwed up by being conservative in the first half, and their idiotic kicker sucks- thats why they lost. Nick Foles had lousy stats against them- the only reason why they scored that first touchdown was because of penalties and the Bears had ten men on the field.
    Why did you cut Robbie Gould again? LOL!

    As bad as the Bears ST was, the Seahawks take the cake. They sign some fat 40-year old kicker who gets injured due to poor conditioning. They have no kicker the rest of the game and the punter drop kicks an onside kick...
    “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”

    ― Stephen King

  9. #2509
    Minister of Love
    PoS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Oceania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,427

    Re: [W:549] Nfl 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Why did you cut Robbie Gould again? LOL!

    .
    Please dont remind me. I was in shock when they cut him too. Gould was a badass, and the Bears have been looking for a kicker ever since.

  10. #2510
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,211

    Re: [W:549] Nfl 2018

    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...is-getting-old


    While i agree this has been a down year for Tom he was still the league mvp last season and had one his best years. Of course age is a factor but I think we have to wait till next season before we can start saying he’s in decline.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •