Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 55 of 55

Thread: Out of State Money in Georgia Electiion

  1. #51
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    34,236

    Re: Out of State Money in Georgia Electiion

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    The popular concept of money = speech with regards to CU is a gross oversimplification and a misrepresentation.
    It was a straight up restriction on actual speech.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC
    Correct. I've never met anyone who fumes against Citizens United that can state its actual holding.
    “The concept that government may restrict the speech of some elements of our society in order to enhance the relative voice of others is wholly foreign to the First Amendment.”

  2. #52
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,155

    Re: Out of State Money in Georgia Electiion

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    No, no, no, I disagree. CU destroys our democracy by allowing wealthy people to pour unlimited amounts of money into the political process. Everyday people don't have an extra 200 million dollars laying around to give to political parties and candidates. So, any argument that CU protects the little guy starts off from a dishonest place.
    Class envy gets you knowhere. And rich or not they only have one vote. The money is spent to influence you that's it. Are you afraid another viewpoint may change your mind?
    America is precious simply because it is ours.
    When China controls the Panama Canal, they control half of the USA, too.
    Racism is not being able to read racist rap lyrics out loud because you are white.
    Democrats today are the snarling dictators we fought wars to depose.

  3. #53
    Washed up prof. bowler
    Winston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,187

    Re: Out of State Money in Georgia Electiion

    Quote Originally Posted by chuckiechan View Post
    Class envy gets you knowhere. And rich or not they only have one vote. The money is spent to influence you that's it. Are you afraid another viewpoint may change your mind?
    Taking huge campaign donations and then doing favors is the point of the Republican Party. Bribes is the word not influence.
    Hurricanes are tremendously wet from the standpoint of water and we need to rake out our forests to prevent forest fires.

  4. #54
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    67,161
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Out of State Money in Georgia Electiion

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Taking huge campaign donations and then doing favors is the point of the Republican Party. Bribes is the word not influence.
    The majority of big individual donors give to Democrats, and it was Barack Obama who abandoned public financing of Presidential campaigns.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #55
    Sage
    chuckiechan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    California Caliphate
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,155

    Re: Out of State Money in Georgia Electiion

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Taking huge campaign donations and then doing favors is the point of the Republican Party. Bribes is the word not influence.
    That was democrat money financing the "Trump Slayer" it just goes to show how toxic the Democrats have become.
    America is precious simply because it is ours.
    When China controls the Panama Canal, they control half of the USA, too.
    Racism is not being able to read racist rap lyrics out loud because you are white.
    Democrats today are the snarling dictators we fought wars to depose.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •