Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Australia wants to make it illegal to have sex by lying to someone

  1. #1
    Educator
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    818

    Australia wants to make it illegal to have sex by lying to someone

    Lying To Have Sex With Someone Could Soon Be Considered... | 10 daily

    Now, I was originally appalled by this until I did a little research. Turns out laws like this already exist in some forms, because in certain unusual situations, a woman can be deceived into thinking she's sleeping with her boyfriend when it's in fact someone else. Also, as far as I know, not disclosing that you have a sexually transmitted disease has always been frowned upon by the law in most countries. Any reasonable person should be OK with that.

    But the way new laws are being proposed in Australia is a worrying sign of empowerment gone too far. Basically, even talking yourself up or just driving an expensive car to insinuate you have a lot of money, can become a crime if it leads to sex. In other words, if the woman regrets sleeping with you, you committed an act of sexual assault; sex by deception.

    Although this represents an interesting scenario - I would argue that women deceive a lot more than men do. Women have a plethora of accessories, clothing, and other means of seeming more attractive than men do. Makeup, eyeliner, lipstick push-up bras, g-strings, perfume, hair extensions, fake fingernails, stockings, are all common forms of female attire designed solely to make them seem more attractive than they really are. It can easily be claimed that a man was falsely enticed to sleep with a woman because of these things.

    That being said, something tells me these laws will be designed and enforced to err on the side of the woman. In other words, if it happens to a woman, it's sexual assault. If it happens to a man, it's complicated.

    The other issue is proving that the lie did in fact lead to sex. A woman could easily claim that the man's pleasant smell was the main reason she slept with him, but after his deodorant and cologne wore off and his true scent was revealed, she felt deceived. Where (and how) do you draw the line?

  2. #2
    Not quite there yet
    JANFU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    East Coast Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    26,817

    Re: Australia wants to make it illegal to have sex by lying to someone

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader13 View Post
    Lying To Have Sex With Someone Could Soon Be Considered... | 10 daily

    Now, I was originally appalled by this until I did a little research. Turns out laws like this already exist in some forms, because in certain unusual situations, a woman can be deceived into thinking she's sleeping with her boyfriend when it's in fact someone else. Also, as far as I know, not disclosing that you have a sexually transmitted disease has always been frowned upon by the law in most countries. Any reasonable person should be OK with that.

    But the way new laws are being proposed in Australia is a worrying sign of empowerment gone too far. Basically, even talking yourself up or just driving an expensive car to insinuate you have a lot of money, can become a crime if it leads to sex. In other words, if the woman regrets sleeping with you, you committed an act of sexual assault; sex by deception.

    Although this represents an interesting scenario - I would argue that women deceive a lot more than men do. Women have a plethora of accessories, clothing, and other means of seeming more attractive than men do. Makeup, eyeliner, lipstick push-up bras, g-strings, perfume, hair extensions, fake fingernails, stockings, are all common forms of female attire designed solely to make them seem more attractive than they really are. It can easily be claimed that a man was falsely enticed to sleep with a woman because of these things.

    That being said, something tells me these laws will be designed and enforced to err on the side of the woman. In other words, if it happens to a woman, it's sexual assault. If it happens to a man, it's complicated.

    The other issue is proving that the lie did in fact lead to sex. A woman could easily claim that the man's pleasant smell was the main reason she slept with him, but after his deodorant and cologne wore off and his true scent was revealed, she felt deceived. Where (and how) do you draw the line?
    I get the feeling you are single
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/people/josh-dawsey/
    “The whole episode is sadly unsurprising,” said a senior U.S. official familiar with U.S. policy on Ukraine. “It’s the epitome of impulsive, self-serving decision-making at the top that has undermined American power.”

  3. #3
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    UP of Michigan
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Australia wants to make it illegal to have sex by lying to someone

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader13 View Post
    Lying To Have Sex With Someone Could Soon Be Considered... | 10 daily

    Now, I was originally appalled by this until I did a little research. Turns out laws like this already exist in some forms, because in certain unusual situations, a woman can be deceived into thinking she's sleeping with her boyfriend when it's in fact someone else. Also, as far as I know, not disclosing that you have a sexually transmitted disease has always been frowned upon by the law in most countries. Any reasonable person should be OK with that.

    But the way new laws are being proposed in Australia is a worrying sign of empowerment gone too far. Basically, even talking yourself up or just driving an expensive car to insinuate you have a lot of money, can become a crime if it leads to sex. In other words, if the woman regrets sleeping with you, you committed an act of sexual assault; sex by deception.

    Although this represents an interesting scenario - I would argue that women deceive a lot more than men do. Women have a plethora of accessories, clothing, and other means of seeming more attractive than men do. Makeup, eyeliner, lipstick push-up bras, g-strings, perfume, hair extensions, fake fingernails, stockings, are all common forms of female attire designed solely to make them seem more attractive than they really are. It can easily be claimed that a man was falsely enticed to sleep with a woman because of these things.

    That being said, something tells me these laws will be designed and enforced to err on the side of the woman. In other words, if it happens to a woman, it's sexual assault. If it happens to a man, it's complicated.

    The other issue is proving that the lie did in fact lead to sex. A woman could easily claim that the man's pleasant smell was the main reason she slept with him, but after his deodorant and cologne wore off and his true scent was revealed, she felt deceived. Where (and how) do you draw the line?
    Right on Australia!
    https://azapizzazz.com Always take note of exquisitor. https://www.debatepolitics.com/us-el...elections.html
    Exquisitor exquisitly exquisited an exquisit exquisitorial in the exquisitorium of exquisitation exquisitum exquisitilicious.

  4. #4
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-08-19 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,697

    Re: Australia wants to make it illegal to have sex by lying to someone

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader13 View Post
    Lying To Have Sex With Someone Could Soon Be Considered... | 10 daily

    Now, I was originally appalled by this until I did a little research. Turns out laws like this already exist in some forms, because in certain unusual situations, a woman can be deceived into thinking she's sleeping with her boyfriend when it's in fact someone else. Also, as far as I know, not disclosing that you have a sexually transmitted disease has always been frowned upon by the law in most countries. Any reasonable person should be OK with that.

    But the way new laws are being proposed in Australia is a worrying sign of empowerment gone too far. Basically, even talking yourself up or just driving an expensive car to insinuate you have a lot of money, can become a crime if it leads to sex. In other words, if the woman regrets sleeping with you, you committed an act of sexual assault; sex by deception.

    Although this represents an interesting scenario - I would argue that women deceive a lot more than men do. Women have a plethora of accessories, clothing, and other means of seeming more attractive than men do. Makeup, eyeliner, lipstick push-up bras, g-strings, perfume, hair extensions, fake fingernails, stockings, are all common forms of female attire designed solely to make them seem more attractive than they really are. It can easily be claimed that a man was falsely enticed to sleep with a woman because of these things.

    That being said, something tells me these laws will be designed and enforced to err on the side of the woman. In other words, if it happens to a woman, it's sexual assault. If it happens to a man, it's complicated.

    The other issue is proving that the lie did in fact lead to sex. A woman could easily claim that the man's pleasant smell was the main reason she slept with him, but after his deodorant and cologne wore off and his true scent was revealed, she felt deceived. Where (and how) do you draw the line?
    Scary for married men....it could end adultery.

    Might it cover things like your age, number of children, your job (or lack of), name, ethnic group, profession (how will a cop get laid?)...?

    Most men get laid based on a lie. (yes of course I love you)


    Might a woman fall foul of the sex for lying law by misleading a man about her cup or dress size ?

  5. #5
    Student
    HIP56948's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida and Sydney, Australia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    213

    Re: Australia wants to make it illegal to have sex by lying to someone

    As a dual citizen (USA and Australia), I'm almost at a loss of words about this new legislation. Didn't know about it until now but frankly, it's just...ah...weird. I mean, talk about a slippery slope.
    There's things in life that seem pretty-straight-forward as: You sold me a car, well knowing that the transmission was about to fail...You're an asshole.
    Having a person lie about some rather obscure trait in order to impress the Lady/Man is akin to saying the statement: "The North Star tells sailors where true north is" Ah...yeah, the North star is in the general direction of north but sorry pal, it's close but no proverbial cigar. It's about the width of 1 1/2 of a moon from true north.
    So..Did the person who stated that the north star is actually at true north a liar? Depends on who is there. Too many variables of thought.
    Last edited by HIP56948; 11-09-19 at 10:43 AM.

    I feel so much better now that I've completely given up hope.

  6. #6
    Temp Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-08-19 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,697

    Re: Australia wants to make it illegal to have sex by lying to someone

    Quote Originally Posted by HIP56948 View Post
    As a dual citizen (USA and Australia), I'm almost at a loss of words about this new legislation. Didn't know about it until now but frankly, it's just...ah...weird. I mean, talk about a slippery slope.
    There's things in life that seem pretty-straight-forward as: You sold me a car, well knowing that the transmission was about to fail...You're an asshole.
    Having a person lie about some rather obscure trait in order to impress the Lady/Man is akin to saying the statement: "The North Star tells sailors where true north is" Ah...yeah, the North star is in the general direction of north but sorry pal, it's close but no proverbial cigar. It's about the width of 1 1/2 of a moon from true north.
    So..Did the person who stated that the north star is actually at true north a liar? Depends on who is there. Too many variables of thought.
    Yea I'm an airline pilot who makes $200,000 a year (when really he's a bellboy at the Ritz hotel)

  7. #7
    Professor
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    1,389

    Re: Australia wants to make it illegal to have sex by lying to someone

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader13 View Post
    Lying To Have Sex With Someone Could Soon Be Considered... | 10 daily

    Now, I was originally appalled by this until I did a little research. Turns out laws like this already exist in some forms, because in certain unusual situations, a woman can be deceived into thinking she's sleeping with her boyfriend when it's in fact someone else. Also, as far as I know, not disclosing that you have a sexually transmitted disease has always been frowned upon by the law in most countries. Any reasonable person should be OK with that.

    But the way new laws are being proposed in Australia is a worrying sign of empowerment gone too far. Basically, even talking yourself up or just driving an expensive car to insinuate you have a lot of money, can become a crime if it leads to sex. In other words, if the woman regrets sleeping with you, you committed an act of sexual assault; sex by deception.

    Although this represents an interesting scenario - I would argue that women deceive a lot more than men do. Women have a plethora of accessories, clothing, and other means of seeming more attractive than men do. Makeup, eyeliner, lipstick push-up bras, g-strings, perfume, hair extensions, fake fingernails, stockings, are all common forms of female attire designed solely to make them seem more attractive than they really are. It can easily be claimed that a man was falsely enticed to sleep with a woman because of these things.

    That being said, something tells me these laws will be designed and enforced to err on the side of the woman. In other words, if it happens to a woman, it's sexual assault. If it happens to a man, it's complicated.

    The other issue is proving that the lie did in fact lead to sex. A woman could easily claim that the man's pleasant smell was the main reason she slept with him, but after his deodorant and cologne wore off and his true scent was revealed, she felt deceived. Where (and how) do you draw the line?
    I doubt a jury would ever convict someone of rape for wearing cologne.

  8. #8
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    12-04-19 @ 09:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,358

    Re: Australia wants to make it illegal to have sex by lying to someone

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader13 View Post
    Lying To Have Sex With Someone Could Soon Be Considered... | 10 daily

    Now, I was originally appalled by this until I did a little research. Turns out laws like this already exist in some forms, because in certain unusual situations, a woman can be deceived into thinking she's sleeping with her boyfriend when it's in fact someone else. Also, as far as I know, not disclosing that you have a sexually transmitted disease has always been frowned upon by the law in most countries. Any reasonable person should be OK with that.

    But the way new laws are being proposed in Australia is a worrying sign of empowerment gone too far. Basically, even talking yourself up or just driving an expensive car to insinuate you have a lot of money, can become a crime if it leads to sex. In other words, if the woman regrets sleeping with you, you committed an act of sexual assault; sex by deception.

    Although this represents an interesting scenario - I would argue that women deceive a lot more than men do. Women have a plethora of accessories, clothing, and other means of seeming more attractive than men do. Makeup, eyeliner, lipstick push-up bras, g-strings, perfume, hair extensions, fake fingernails, stockings, are all common forms of female attire designed solely to make them seem more attractive than they really are. It can easily be claimed that a man was falsely enticed to sleep with a woman because of these things.

    That being said, something tells me these laws will be designed and enforced to err on the side of the woman. In other words, if it happens to a woman, it's sexual assault. If it happens to a man, it's complicated.

    The other issue is proving that the lie did in fact lead to sex. A woman could easily claim that the man's pleasant smell was the main reason she slept with him, but after his deodorant and cologne wore off and his true scent was revealed, she felt deceived. Where (and how) do you draw the line?
    I am alright with outright lies being the basis. If you drive up in a Porsche, and claim it's yours, and they say they never would have slept with you if they knew otherwise, you are guilty. However, if you say nothing and they never ask, you made no false representation, they made a false assumption. I would hold this to the point of lying about procreation ability. Now mind you there are only two situations where this would apply. If she claims to have had a hysterectomy or he claims to have lost his testicles (such as to cancer). These are the only two situations where a pregnancy cannot occur. Tubes tied? Yeah much less of a risk but a risk all the same.

    Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

    My leaving the conversation does not indicate you won. It means that real life took priority, or I have just tired of your idiocy.

  9. #9
    Dungeon Master
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    With Yo Mama
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    28,386

    Re: Australia wants to make it illegal to have sex by lying to someone

    Years ago I was in Miami on business, as I often was. After my last appointment, I had dinner and then decided to go to a bar nearby. It was Halloween night and the place was rocking.

    I was standing just above the lower dance floor having a drink, leaning on the railing when a fine looking lady came over and stood not too far from me but not too close. I waited a little while and said something to her. I don't recall what. We howdied, exchanged first names. After a while, we started talking. I ordered another drink and ordered one for her. We talked a little. I didn't move closer, she did. But not too close.

    A little bit later I excused myself to go to the bathroom. I didn't have to go. I thought we might have something possible. I wanted to see if she would be there when I go back.

    I came back, she wasn't there. I didn't look around for her. She was watching me from somewhere in that big bar - or she wasn't. [never make your move too soon]

    I ordered another drink and stood there watching people dance.

    She returned. Didn't say where she'd been. I didn't ask. We chatted for a few minutes more then she asked me, "What brings you here on a Halloween night?"

    I said, "Well, I came in here to have a drink and get laid, just like everyone else."

    About 10 minutes later, no lies told, we left together. It was a fine, fun night for both of us. We never exchanged last names.
    Last edited by Risky Thicket; 11-09-19 at 04:02 PM.








    When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters. - Amin Maalouf



  10. #10
    Sage
    SDET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    7,212

    Re: Australia wants to make it illegal to have sex by lying to someone

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    Years ago I was in Miami on business, as I often was. After my last appointment, I had dinner and then decided to go to a bar nearby. It was Halloween night and the place was rocking.

    I was standing just above the lower dance floor having a drink, leaning on the railing when a fine looking lady came over and stood not too far from me but not too close. I waited a little while and said something to her. I don't recall what. We howdied, exchanged first names. After a while, we started talking. I ordered another drink and ordered one for her. We talked a little. I didn't move closer, she did. But not too close.

    A little bit later I excused myself to go to the bathroom. I didn't have to go. I thought we might have something possible. I wanted to see if she would be there when I go back.

    I came back, she wasn't there. I didn't look around for her. She was watching me from somewhere in that big bar - or she wasn't. [never make your move too soon]

    I ordered another drink and stood there watching people dance.

    She returned. Didn't say where she'd been. I didn't ask. We chatted for a few minutes more then she asked me, "What brings you here on a Halloween night?"

    I said, "Well, I came in here to have a drink and get laid, just like everyone else."

    About 10 minutes later, no lies told, we left together. It was a fine, fun night for both of us. We never exchanged last names.
    Rules for men:
    1. Give as little as possible. 2. Take as much as possible.
    3. Always have an exit. 4. Enjoy your life to the fullest.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •