Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 464

Thread: Young transgender regret

  1. #301
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    9,653

    Re: Young transgender regret

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    ...however they are claiming that both the Vanderbilt University and London's Portman Clinic is the primary source for the "70 to 80 percent of children who reported transgender feeling lost those feelings" claim and thats what im trying to find and it doesnt seem to exist.
    o you have a source for that ?

  2. #302
    Sage

    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,272

    Re: Young transgender regret

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Where do you draw the line.

    What mutilation of a child's body would you allow for purely religious reasons ?

    Would you allow female circumcision ? If not, why do you had one view for girls and another for boys ?
    The line is 'does the procedure harm the child from a medical standpoint.' According to doctors who have studied things, circumcision does not. Piercing ears does not. FGM does. The form that only hits the very tip of teh clitoris doesn't, but that form is rarely practiced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah Arendt
    "The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."

  3. #303
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    9,653

    Re: Young transgender regret

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    The line is 'does the procedure harm the child from a medical standpoint.' According to doctors who have studied things, circumcision does not. Piercing ears does not. FGM does. The form that only hits the very tip of teh clitoris doesn't, but that form is rarely practiced.
    I'd say amputation of part of my penis most definitely does harm.

    And it's done, in most cases, with no medical advice.

  4. #304
    No Shame!
    EMNofSeattle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Grapeview, Washington
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,811

    Re: Young transgender regret

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    The line is 'does the procedure harm the child from a medical standpoint.' According to doctors who have studied things, circumcision does not. Piercing ears does not. FGM does. The form that only hits the very tip of teh clitoris doesn't, but that form is rarely practiced.
    It absolutely does harm boys. It effects men’s sexual pleasure, creates irritation to the tip of the penis, can cause infections in diapers. It also creates feelings of loathing for ones parents and this is consistent in psychological studies.
    What socialized medicine REALLY means, sometimes the mask slips!
    Quote Originally Posted by Atheist 2020 View Post
    I do not see were a woman has the right to take a child to full term.
    "Be careful of averages, the average person has one breast and one testicle"
    -Dixy Lee Ray

  5. #305
    Sage

    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,272

    Re: Young transgender regret

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    I'd say amputation of part of my penis most definitely does harm.

    And it's done, in most cases, with no medical advice.
    Except, of course, it's not the amputation of the penis. It is the removal of a piece of skin. So, your loaded terminology, and lack of accuracy shows your argument is invalid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah Arendt
    "The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the convinced Communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."

  6. #306
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-25-19 @ 09:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,345
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Young transgender regret

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    o you have a source for that ?
    Transsexual attractions and sexual reassignment surgery: Risks and potential risks

    Also, Dr. McHugh has written that transsexual attractions are often fluid and can change. “When children who reported transsexual feelings were tracked without medical or surgical treatment at both Vanderbilt University and London's Portman Clinic, 70 to 80 percent of them spontaneously lost those feelings

    This was in the link dixon gave and is the claim I am trying to debunk but I cant even seem to find anything online where either the Vanderbilt University or London's Portman Clinic said anything of the sort. So most likely its a bull**** claim.

    I just want to make it clear I am arguing against the idea that 70% of kids with transgender feelings lose them. Unless he can verify that indeed the Vanderbuilt University or London's Portman Clinic did actually make that claim. But I doubt he can.

  7. #307
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    9,653

    Re: Young transgender regret

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    Except, of course, it's not the amputation of the penis. It is the removal of a piece of skin. So, your loaded terminology, and lack of accuracy shows your argument is invalid.
    I said PART of, do read.

  8. #308
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    9,653

    Re: Young transgender regret

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    ...I just want to make it clear I am arguing against the idea that 70% of kids with transgender feelings lose them. Unless he can verify that indeed the Vanderbuilt University or London's Portman Clinic did actually make that claim. But I doubt he can.
    I would be inclined to agree with you.

  9. #309
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,419

    Re: Young transgender regret

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    I would be inclined to agree with you.
    You boys feel free to present any evidence to contradict my assertion.

  10. #310
    Salem ac Leporem Lisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,066

    Re: Young transgender regret

    Quote Originally Posted by dixon01767 View Post
    You boys feel free to present any evidence to contradict my assertion.
    Do you mind if a lady replies or is this an all-boys treehouse where my cooties aren't welcome?

    Your assertions on this matter cannot be supported by facts. Paul McHugh's credibility evaporated 30+ years ago. The fact that you agree with him doesn't mean that what he says is true.
    Condor060 said; Who was talking about Jesus? I posted scriptures from the bible. Try and keep up

Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •