Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 179

Thread: Teacher Sues School District for Firing Him Over His Use of a Trans Pronoun.

  1. #161
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,104

    Re: Teacher Sues School District for Firing Him Over His Use of a Trans Pronoun.

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    If you have no clue what is happening currently in politics why are you on a political forum?

    FACT: The Democratic Party opposes tariffs - furiously. Tariffs are to protect American jobs from foreign sweatshops (and used to be the sole income of the federal government).
    FACT: The Democratic Party favors open borders, ie "decriminalization."
    FACT: This thread is an example of Democratic censorship and speech control.
    FACT: The Democratic Party incessantly declares racial and social divisions as their primary talking point, literally favoring blacks being in their own "safe spaces" as an example.


    “Tariffs are to protect American jobs”

    From whatever. Ttell me how? You say what you do without any"how".

    ‘The Democratic Party favors open borders, ie "decriminalization." ‘

    Who do you think speaks for the Democratic Party and what have they said that makes you believe that they favor ‘open borders, ie "decriminalization” ‘

    “This thread is an example of Democratic censorship and speech control.”

    Can you cite dominant example?

    “The Democratic Party incessantly declares racial and social divisions as their primary talking point, literally favoring blacks being in their own "safe spaces" as an example.”

    You mean the Dem Party favors those whom are discriminated against? “safe spaces”? please explain.

  2. #162
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: Teacher Sues School District for Firing Him Over His Use of a Trans Pronoun.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesmoke View Post
    “Tariffs are to protect American jobs”

    From whatever. Ttell me how? You say what you do without any"how".

    ‘The Democratic Party favors open borders, ie "decriminalization." ‘

    Who do you think speaks for the Democratic Party and what have they said that makes you believe that they favor ‘open borders, ie "decriminalization” ‘

    “This thread is an example of Democratic censorship and speech control.”

    Can you cite dominant example?

    “The Democratic Party incessantly declares racial and social divisions as their primary talking point, literally favoring blacks being in their own "safe spaces" as an example.”

    You mean the Dem Party favors those whom are discriminated against? “safe spaces”? please explain.

    Don't hold your breath for a response, I'm still waiting a reply to my post #129

    "You claim a fact so easily. Where is your evidence on any of the above - especially your first claim where the labor movement has been traditionally supportive of protecting jobs and suspicious of the value of trade with low labor cost countries."

  3. #163
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,104

    Re: Teacher Sues School District for Firing Him Over His Use of a Trans Pronoun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    Don't hold your breath for a response, I'm still waiting a reply to my post #129

    "You claim a fact so easily. Where is your evidence on any of the above - especially your first claim where the labor movement has been traditionally supportive of protecting jobs and suspicious of the value of trade with low labor cost countries."

    In debate, as I'm sure you know, but not this poster, it is incumbent on whomever makes a claim to provide the evidence of fact to support what they say. Otherwise, the claim is unfounded and need not be debated further by the opponent who asked for the required evidence. When someone refuses to provide the evidence, nor admits they were wrong, then on that thread or another, If they ask for evidence to support what claim I may make, I'll refuse to provide such until they have fulfilled their prior debate responsibility. If someone else then asks that has not lost debate credibility with me, I will reply accordingly. Posters that fail to fulfill debate responsibility will not stop me from replying to errant post of theirs.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: Teacher Sues School District for Firing Him Over His Use of a Trans Pronoun.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesmoke View Post
    In debate, as I'm sure you know, but not this poster, it is incumbent on whomever makes a claim to provide the evidence of fact to support what they say. Otherwise, the claim is unfounded and need not be debated further by the opponent who asked for the required evidence. When someone refuses to provide the evidence, nor admits they were wrong, then on that thread or another, If they ask for evidence to support what claim I may make, I'll refuse to provide such until they have fulfilled their prior debate responsibility. If someone else then asks that has not lost debate credibility with me, I will reply accordingly. Posters that fail to fulfill debate responsibility will not stop me from replying to errant post of theirs.

    On so many occasions a poster has expressed genuine shock that their claim requires proof, as they're wedded to the idea that it's self evident or blindingly obvious.

    They have preconceived ideas that they think everyone should have: Of course there's a god, socialists want to destroy America and homosexuals are evil men who want to rape them or their sons.


    The other response is the be referred the Goggle or the public library and search until you find they are right.

  5. #165
    Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Teacher Sues School District for Firing Him Over His Use of a Trans Pronoun.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesmoke View Post
    In debate, as I'm sure you know, but not this poster, it is incumbent on whomever makes a claim to provide the evidence of fact to support what they say. Otherwise, the claim is unfounded and need not be debated further by the opponent who asked for the required evidence. When someone refuses to provide the evidence, nor admits they were wrong, then on that thread or another, If they ask for evidence to support what claim I may make, I'll refuse to provide such until they have fulfilled their prior debate responsibility. If someone else then asks that has not lost debate credibility with me, I will reply accordingly. Posters that fail to fulfill debate responsibility will not stop me from replying to errant post of theirs.
    As to the claim that tariffs protect American jobs, I am almost to the point of believing that Putin is encouraging Trump to push these tariffs because they destabilize the US economy which is what Putin wants because when the US is hurt by bad policies, Putin gains power in Europe and worldwide.

    U.S. railroads caught in the middle of new tariff threat - FreightWaves

    https://tradepartnership.com/wp-cont...tudy-FINAL.pdf
    Condor060 said; Who was talking about Jesus? I posted scriptures from the bible. Try and keep up

  6. #166
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: Teacher Sues School District for Firing Him Over His Use of a Trans Pronoun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    As to the claim that tariffs protect American jobs, I am almost to the point of believing that Putin is encouraging Trump to push these tariffs because they destabilize the US economy which is what Putin wants because when the US is hurt by bad policies, Putin gains power in Europe and worldwide.

    U.S. railroads caught in the middle of new tariff threat - FreightWaves

    https://tradepartnership.com/wp-cont...tudy-FINAL.pdf

    Tariffs will see a price rise no question

    The upside is protecting jobs - and not just those threatened by cheaper imports


    Manufacturing jobs aren't just "created" they take time to build.


    It really comes down to the effects on supply and demand.

  7. #167
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,104

    Re: Teacher Sues School District for Firing Him Over His Use of a Trans Pronoun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    As to the claim that tariffs protect American jobs, I am almost to the point of believing that Putin is encouraging Trump to push these tariffs because they destabilize the US economy which is what Putin wants because when the US is hurt by bad policies, Putin gains power in Europe and worldwide.

    U.S. railroads caught in the middle of new tariff threat - FreightWaves

    https://tradepartnership.com/wp-cont...tudy-FINAL.pdf


    Americans have not yet directly felt much of these tariffs just yet because the business directly affected has been passing on the cost by demanding lower prices from suppliers, who are now at about the end of how long they can keep their prices so low and the American consumer will start to feel it when suppliers and primary business have no choice than to pass the cost on directly to the consumer.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: Teacher Sues School District for Firing Him Over His Use of a Trans Pronoun.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesmoke View Post
    Americans have not yet directly felt much of these tariffs just yet because the business directly affected has been passing on the cost by demanding lower prices from suppliers, who are now at about the end of how long they can keep their prices so low and the American consumer will start to feel it when suppliers and primary business have no choice than to pass the cost on directly to the consumer.
    They will just consume less of the Chinese imports as prices find a new equilibrium.

    If demand stays high, suppliers like Walmart will seek alternative sources.

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,104

    Re: Teacher Sues School District for Firing Him Over His Use of a Trans Pronoun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich2018 View Post
    They will just consume less of the Chinese imports as prices find a new equilibrium.

    If demand stays high, suppliers like Walmart will seek alternative sources.


    “They will just consume less of the Chinese imports as prices find a new equilibrium.”

    Oh, sure. Plenty of other countries out there to sell as low as does China. Not. That “new equilibrium” will be higher than before. No other country(ies) can produce as much product as cheaply as China to meet American consumption demands.

    “If demand stays high, suppliers like Walmart will seek alternative sources.”

    What do you mean “if”? Maybe if US workers started getting Chinese wages, demand would drop, yeah. Just exactly what alternative sources? You don’t think Walmart already constantly looks for alternative, less expensive but dependable sources? Really? And the manager(s) responsible for that responsibility still have their job(s)? With Amazon breathing down their neck?

  10. #170
    Sage
    Rich2018's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Norcross, Georgia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: Teacher Sues School District for Firing Him Over His Use of a Trans Pronoun.

    Quote Originally Posted by bluesmoke View Post
    Oh, sure. Plenty of other countries out there to sell as low as does China....

    Absolutely correct, take your pick of the SE Asian "Tiger" economies



    ...that “new equilibrium” will be higher than before. No other country(ies) can produce as much product as cheaply as China...
    Maybe, but supply would meet demand and a new S&D equilibrium would form


    ...what do you mean “if”? Maybe if US workers started getting Chinese wages...

    Why would alternative sources be in the USA ?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •