Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 109

Thread: Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Sex on a Gay "Hookup" Site

  1. #1
    Guru Xelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,888

    Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Sex on a Gay "Hookup" Site

    Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Gay Men

    Norman Goldwasser is a therapist who likens homosexuality to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and claims his so-called therapy, a regimen rejected by every respected medical and mental health association, can alter one's sexual orientation. That's his daytime schtick. At night the guy "cruises" for sex on a gay dating website.

    While I think it ridiculous to attempt to alter people's sexual orientation -- it's not as though there's overt encouragement to be gay, so there's no reason why anyone who isn't gay would seek same-sex partners/romantic relationships and live as a gay person -- the country's laws allow individuals thus inclined to do so. What I have a a bigger problem with is folks singing one tune and dancing to a diametrically opposite one.

    Goldwasser is yet another manifestation of the degradation in integrity and honesty we observe throughout our society. While I'm willing to tolerate the existence and expression of a host of ideas, attitudes and behaviors I oppose, I just have no forbearance for hypocrisy presented to abet one's own fortunes or that deliberately dehumanizes others and destroys them by declaring their very being dysfunctional. If one is going to undertake such tacks, one must do so with portfolio and integrity.
    Those who jettison the epistemological standards of science are no longer in a position to use their intellectual product to make any claims about what is true of the world or to dispute the others’ claims about what is true. - Tooby & Cosmides
    The lion does not turn around when a small dog barks. -- African Proverb

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,313

    Re: Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Sex on a Gay "Hookup" Site

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Gay Men

    Norman Goldwasser is a therapist who likens homosexuality to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and claims his so-called therapy, a regimen rejected by every respected medical and mental health association, can alter one's sexual orientation. That's his daytime schtick. At night the guy "cruises" for sex on a gay dating website.

    While I think it ridiculous to attempt to alter people's sexual orientation -- it's not as though there's overt encouragement to be gay, so there's no reason why anyone who isn't gay would seek same-sex partners/romantic relationships and live as a gay person -- the country's laws allow individuals thus inclined to do so. What I have a a bigger problem with is folks singing one tune and dancing to a diametrically opposite one.

    Goldwasser is yet another manifestation of the degradation in integrity and honesty we observe throughout our society. While I'm willing to tolerate the existence and expression of a host of ideas, attitudes and behaviors I oppose, I just have no forbearance for hypocrisy presented to abet one's own fortunes or that deliberately dehumanizes others and destroys them by declaring their very being dysfunctional. If one is going to undertake such tacks, one must do so with portfolio and integrity.
    They are full self loathing, I see them all time on Grinder. They will hit on me one night, the next morning they are back to making homo jokes with their beer buddies.

    I used to take pity on them. no more. Its 2018 if you dont have the gonads and self respect to come out you get no pity from me.
    And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the p**sy. You can do anything." –Donald Trump

  3. #3
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,883

    Re: Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Sex on a Gay "Hookup" Site

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Gay Men

    Norman Goldwasser is a therapist who likens homosexuality to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and claims his so-called therapy, a regimen rejected by every respected medical and mental health association, can alter one's sexual orientation. That's his daytime schtick. At night the guy "cruises" for sex on a gay dating website.

    While I think it ridiculous to attempt to alter people's sexual orientation -- it's not as though there's overt encouragement to be gay, so there's no reason why anyone who isn't gay would seek same-sex partners/romantic relationships and live as a gay person -- the country's laws allow individuals thus inclined to do so. What I have a a bigger problem with is folks singing one tune and dancing to a diametrically opposite one.

    Goldwasser is yet another manifestation of the degradation in integrity and honesty we observe throughout our society. While I'm willing to tolerate the existence and expression of a host of ideas, attitudes and behaviors I oppose, I just have no forbearance for hypocrisy presented to abet one's own fortunes or that deliberately dehumanizes others and destroys them by declaring their very being dysfunctional. If one is going to undertake such tacks, one must do so with portfolio and integrity.
    It seems to be a psychosis with some of these folks. I think most people who are proponents of conversion therapy or even practitioners are at least to some degree homosexual themselves. The tend to adopt this sort of binge and Purge Behavior. They view it as sort of like an alcoholic slipping up and having another drink.

    It's really myopic that they don't see their own psychosis for what it is. I have been there before I've never done conversion therapy but years ago I tried very hard to not be homosexual. And you can go along resisting things until you can resist no longer.

    I find it sad more than anything. These people are so desperate to fit into some religion or social structure that they torture themselves. I did it for about 13 years and I have enough. But some of these people hey do it into their fifties and sixties I don't know how they do it.

    I guess some people just never grow out of they're very limited religious views. I really do feel sorry for them.

    I would love the opportunity to talk to an ex gay person I've never met one I've seen videos and crap on YouTube but I've never actually met a real person from that philosophy.

    I really do wonder what makes them tick.

  4. #4
    Guru Xelor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,888

    Re: Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Sex on a Gay "Hookup" Site

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    [Of]....most people who are proponents of conversion therapy or even practitioners [of it] I really do wonder what makes them tick.
    I too.
    Those who jettison the epistemological standards of science are no longer in a position to use their intellectual product to make any claims about what is true of the world or to dispute the others’ claims about what is true. - Tooby & Cosmides
    The lion does not turn around when a small dog barks. -- African Proverb

  5. #5
    Sage

    RAMOSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    28,941

    Re: Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Sex on a Gay "Hookup" Site

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    It seems to be a psychosis with some of these folks. I think most people who are proponents of conversion therapy or even practitioners are at least to some degree homosexual themselves. The tend to adopt this sort of binge and Purge Behavior. They view it as sort of like an alcoholic slipping up and having another drink.

    It's really myopic that they don't see their own psychosis for what it is. I have been there before I've never done conversion therapy but years ago I tried very hard to not be homosexual. And you can go along resisting things until you can resist no longer.

    I find it sad more than anything. These people are so desperate to fit into some religion or social structure that they torture themselves. I did it for about 13 years and I have enough. But some of these people hey do it into their fifties and sixties I don't know how they do it.

    I guess some people just never grow out of they're very limited religious views. I really do feel sorry for them.

    I would love the opportunity to talk to an ex gay person I've never met one I've seen videos and crap on YouTube but I've never actually met a real person from that philosophy.

    I really do wonder what makes them tick.
    More than one ex-gay came out an ex-ex-gay. They basically said they lied to themselves about it. Remember when two of the founding members of Exodus International ran off with each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    There is no such thing as "fields of science". Science does not consist of "fields". It consists of falsifiable theories.

  6. #6
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,883

    Re: Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Sex on a Gay "Hookup" Site

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    More than one ex-gay came out an ex-ex-gay. They basically said they lied to themselves about it. Remember when two of the founding members of Exodus International ran off with each other?
    Yeah I heard about that but I don't have any personal interaction with them. I find it curious it might just be my background in psychology.

  7. #7
    Guru
    SDET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,856

    Re: Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Sex on a Gay "Hookup" Site

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMOSS View Post
    More than one ex-gay came out an ex-ex-gay. They basically said they lied to themselves about it. Remember when two of the founding members of Exodus International ran off with each other?
    Something doesn't smell right here. 60 years ago, homosexuality was listed as a disorder. Most people who stay "old school" aren't closet homosexuals. There may be a few strange examples that fit your premise, but that can't possibly be the rule. People act like history doesn't exist.
    A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike. Proverbs 27:15

  8. #8
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,883

    Re: Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Sex on a Gay "Hookup" Site

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Something doesn't smell right here. 60 years ago, homosexuality was listed as a disorder. Most people who stay "old school" aren't closet homosexuals. There may be a few strange examples that fit your premise, but that can't possibly be the rule. People act like history doesn't exist.
    Why can't it possibly be the rule? Seems logical to me. It would only be closet case people that want to put faith in something so absurd.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Skeptic Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,449

    Re: Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Sex on a Gay "Hookup" Site

    I’m shocked! SHOCKED I say!

  10. #10
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,763

    Re: Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Sex on a Gay "Hookup" Site

    Quote Originally Posted by Xelor View Post
    Conversion Therapy Proponent Caught Trolling for Gay Men

    Norman Goldwasser is a therapist who likens homosexuality to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and claims his so-called therapy, a regimen rejected by every respected medical and mental health association, can alter one's sexual orientation. That's his daytime schtick. At night the guy "cruises" for sex on a gay dating website.

    While I think it ridiculous to attempt to alter people's sexual orientation -- it's not as though there's overt encouragement to be gay, so there's no reason why anyone who isn't gay would seek same-sex partners/romantic relationships and live as a gay person -- the country's laws allow individuals thus inclined to do so. What I have a a bigger problem with is folks singing one tune and dancing to a diametrically opposite one.

    Goldwasser is yet another manifestation of the degradation in integrity and honesty we observe throughout our society. While I'm willing to tolerate the existence and expression of a host of ideas, attitudes and behaviors I oppose, I just have no forbearance for hypocrisy presented to abet one's own fortunes or that deliberately dehumanizes others and destroys them by declaring their very being dysfunctional. If one is going to undertake such tacks, one must do so with portfolio and integrity.
    Wait.....a self loathing hypocritical anti gay person who really is deep in the closet?


    Sounds like a lot of republican senators....
    Ich habe schon Pferde vor der Apotheke kotzen gesehen

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •