Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 168 of 168

Thread: One of the hardest things about being a man

  1. #161
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    494

    Re: One of the hardest things about being a man

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    Men have the biological gear that's necessary to rape women do not. Men usually tend to be physically stronger than women, often when somebody commits rape they do so by physically overpowering their victim. But aside from that, even when you put biological differences aside the fact remains that men are naturally more aggressive and more sex driven and thus are much more likely to do such stuff.
    Rape is an interesting concept in terms of practical terms; detached scientist. Modern woman are sexually liberated and might allow all forms of sex with certain people, without any complaint. She may even initiate the sex. But if another person, not invited to have sex, does the exact same things, it is called rape. There is no clear cut distinction, in terms of the physical mechanics, such as there would be if we dealt with virgins and rape, sex or no sex.

    In that respect, modern rape is similar to stealing. As an analogy, I own my car and I allow my friends and my family to drive it. I am good with that. But if a stranger took my car, then it is stealing, even if he is a good driver, and does no permanent damage. The car does not see any difference in wear and tear. On the other hand, If nobody can drive my car, and someone did, there is a bigger distinction. Either way, I may be emotionally scarred by the thought of someone stealing from me. The real damage is to my ego, but it is not to the car.

    Say you are stopped at a stop light, and someone tried to carjack you. If you allow it to happen and get out of the car, the car will be gone, and you may be OK. If you resist the thief, he may strike you with a weapon to subdue you. This changes stealing into an assault. The assault may or may not have occurred if one did not fight back. If the thief wants the car, he will wait to see how much force is needed to get the car.

    The original occupation, in ancient times, was prostitution. Sex was considered a thing of value and could be traded as a commodity. Does the concept of rape increase the value of this commodity? Civil suits connected to rape, are often filed for monetary compensation.

    Here is an another interesting parallel. Instead of sex, let us look at food. We all like to eat. Say you are at a dinner party, where the hostess loves to cook, and loves to feed her guests her delicious food. You eat dinner and enjoy the food. The hostess, then insists that you have another helping, but you say no, because you are full. If she continues to insist, and you finally give in; peer pressure, is this dinner date food assault? Is no supposed to mean no, or is no just part of the food date barter game?

    Again, one is being asked to do something, they do anyway, but they are being asked to do this, during an occasion where they have decided not to do it. However they feel social pressure, to say yes. Is this dinner date rape or food assault or both? Should people deal with this, in the stride of friendship and move on? Or should we allow this to devastate us?

    Should we dwell on it, to where they have an eating disorder and become very defensive and/or angry against all polite hostesses? It all depends on social programing. The hostess may honestly think she is being good to you. She knows that the her food will go into your mouth, to your stomach, then through the intestines to be processed, and then finally discharged, with not permanent body harm. Food does not go the brain in any direct way,m unless we are taught the value of our stomach commodity.
    Last edited by wellwisher; 04-22-18 at 09:04 AM.

  2. #162
    Advisor gulfman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    569

    Re: One of the hardest things about being a man

    This post makes want to get something to eat and get laid.

  3. #163
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,458

    Re: One of the hardest things about being a man

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    Crimes are different from bullying and harassment. That said, the point remains. Frequency does not matter. The problem is a people problem not a male or female one

    Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
    Bullying and harassment can be crimes depending on what kind of bullying and harassment you're talking about. I would say the most extreme forms of bullying definitely are crimes.

  4. #164
    Guru
    SDET's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    3,286

    Re: One of the hardest things about being a man

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    True, but men do it much more than women, and to a much greater extent.
    Don't be too sure about that. Women just pick up a weapon.
    A continual dropping in a very rainy day and a contentious woman are alike. Proverbs 27:15

  5. #165
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,458

    Re: One of the hardest things about being a man

    Quote Originally Posted by SDET View Post
    Don't be too sure about that. Women just pick up a weapon.
    Women are all too often turned off by weapons.

  6. #166
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,458

    Re: One of the hardest things about being a man

    I haven't heard from maquiscat for awhile. Maquiscat, of the claims you made on post #151 are true than you've been around, you've done quite a bit and you've got lots of experience. As such you do make some good points in some if your posts. Anyway, I think we would agree that bullying can be a crime depending on what kind of bullying it is. Certainly the more extreme forms of bullying are crimes. Rapists are often described as bullies and we know that rape is a big crime. And I think we can also agree that men commit violent crime much more than women do. That is not an opinion that is fact and you can be assured of that by just looking up how many men are in prison for violent crimes vs how many women are in prison for violent crimes. You will see that the number of men is much greater.

  7. #167
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,564

    Re: One of the hardest things about being a man

    Quote Originally Posted by DebateChallenge View Post
    I haven't heard from maquiscat for awhile. Maquiscat, of the claims you made on post #151 are true than you've been around, you've done quite a bit and you've got lots of experience. As such you do make some good points in some if your posts. Anyway, I think we would agree that bullying can be a crime depending on what kind of bullying it is. Certainly the more extreme forms of bullying are crimes. Rapists are often described as bullies and we know that rape is a big crime. And I think we can also agree that men commit violent crime much more than women do. That is not an opinion that is fact and you can be assured of that by just looking up how many men are in prison for violent crimes vs how many women are in prison for violent crimes. You will see that the number of men is much greater.
    my last post was only 6 posts ago on Friday. Sorry I spent the weekend with my daughters and grand-kids.

    Not all bullying has to be physically violent to be vicious and damaging. while women might be less physical in their bullying, their bullying can often be more damaging, particularly in ways that cannot be proven.

    As I have repeatedly noted, frequency is irrelevant to what you claim as your main point. it is a human issue, not a male issue. That said, the only thing we can say for sure looking at the prisons, is that men are convicted more than women. How many women are not getting convicted because they do not leave physical evidence? or are granted suspended sentences because they are women? When we look at women initiated domestic violence, more often than not it is still the man removed from the home, especially if he defended himself. So now we have to wonder if women really are less violent than men, or are the results skewed because of gender preconceptions? Which still doesn't matter, because it is a people problem not male or female problem no matter who is more frequent.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

    Leaving the conversation does not indicate you won. It means that real life took priority, or I have just tired of your idiocy.

  8. #168
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,458

    Re: One of the hardest things about being a man

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    my last post was only 6 posts ago on Friday. Sorry I spent the weekend with my daughters and grand-kids.

    Not all bullying has to be physically violent to be vicious and damaging. while women might be less physical in their bullying, their bullying can often be more damaging, particularly in ways that cannot be proven.
    Usually physical bullying is more damaging than non physical bullying. After all, its physical bullying that can get you sent to prison but verbal bullying wont. Rape is obviously physical, can you give me an example of a non physical type of bullying that is just as damaging as rape?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    As I have repeatedly noted, frequency is irrelevant to what you claim as your main point. it is a human issue, not a male issue. That said, the only thing we can say for sure looking at the prisons, is that men are convicted more than women. How many women are not getting convicted because they do not leave physical evidence? or are granted suspended sentences because they are women? When we look at women initiated domestic violence, more often than not it is still the man removed from the home, especially if he defended himself. So now we have to wonder if women really are less violent than men, or are the results skewed because of gender preconceptions? Which still doesn't matter, because it is a people problem not male or female problem no matter who is more frequent.
    You might be right on the issue of domestic violence but domestic violence is just one small part of violent crime, obviously not all violent crime is domestic. As for not leaving physical evidence in the wake of a violent crime, there is nothing to indicate that women are any better at or that they more often hide or get rid of the evidence. I see no reason why a woman would leave less physical evidence than a man when committing a violent crime. I will say this, and this is on the average there are obviously exceptions to this but men tend to be physically stronger than women, more aggressive by nature, and more sex driven. That last part is what men need to be particularly careful about, being more sex driven. Men need to keep that under control otherwise they will get in big trouble. All too often men will think women want sex simply of how they're dressed or what not and they won't know that no means no and as such with their greater physical strength and sex driven mindset they will have no problem committing rape in which they will not only ruin somebody else's life but also will set a bad example for men in general which includes me since Im a guy. Lots of men are responsible for creating this stereotype about men as being sex driven animals.

    As for women getting lighter sentences just because they're women Im not sure that happens that much if at all. People should be punished for what kinds of crimes they commit and what they did when they committed said crimes, race and gender is irrelevant whats important is what they did and they should be punished entirely based on the severity of what they did. Based on your claims you've got quite a bit of experience with life in general, do you have much knowledge and experience with a Court of Law? I would be interested to know if you do.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •