Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 221

Thread: Feminism.

  1. #191
    Sage
    MrWonka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    12-14-18 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    6,092

    Re: Feminism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Equality of the sexes? Of course.

    This? No.
    So you oppose peaceful protesting and demonstration? Seems kind of silly.

  2. #192
    Sage
    MrWonka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    12-14-18 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    6,092

    Re: Feminism.

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Is facing not being drafted into the military really that hard to face? What, exactly, is the gender-based segregation that you personally face on a daily basis?
    While there may not be a lot of official and overt segregation there are plenty of examples of boys in power preferring to surround themselves with and give opportunities to other boys.

    Just one example from recent memory. In the first job I got hired into out of college I was interviewed by and hired by two men to a technical support team for a major warehousing company. I was the third member of the team. There was a was a woman that had been on the team for about a year and a half before I joined. A man was the lead, and our manager above him was a man. After about three months on the team, my boss organized a team to go on a road trip to one of our main facilities to assist with a deploy. There was a Developer, a QA analyst, me and my main boss, all men. I was told I initially that they were bringing me a long because they thought it would be a good introduction into a new facility for the new guy, but the woman who had been on the team for a year and a half had never been invited on any such trip. There were also female developers and QA anylsyst would could have gone, but our team was made up of all men.

    As I found out later this was intentional for a couple reasons. First, the company only wanted to pay for 2 hotel rooms. Two guys each split a room which might have been awkward of a woman had come along on the trip. But more than that the other three guys were married with kids, and considered this work trip to be a mini-vacation. I was quickly told on the drive down that "what happens in Indianapolis stays in indianapolis." We worked hard and got the job done, but each night after work we went out drinking til all hours of the night. No strip clubs, but I was told that's not unusual for trips like this. Me being the only single guy they were trying to get me to hit on women at the bar to try and take one back to the hotel.

    The whole thing was as much of a bachelor party as it was a work trip. While there was no official statement that a woman couldn't go my male boss chose an all-male team because he wanted to get wild and have fun, and didn't want to have to worry about any awkwardness or behaving in an unprofessional manor around a woman.

    About a year and a half later the male lead of my team quit and moved on to another position. I was promoted ahead of the woman on my team despite her having more experience. You could certainly argue that my degree and specific talents did in fact make me more qualified for the position, but the reality is she was never really given the same opportunities to prove herself.

    This type of boys club bull**** is still way more common than most men would like to admit. They believe they are making decisions on who to hire, fire, promote, and give opportunities to based on legitimate qualifications and talent, but with so many men deciding who is deserving it ends up being men that get the benefit of the doubt more often than not.

  3. #193
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,947

    Re: Feminism.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    While there may not be a lot of official and overt segregation there are plenty of examples of boys in power preferring to surround themselves with and give opportunities to other boys.

    Just one example from recent memory. In the first job I got hired into out of college I was interviewed by and hired by two men to a technical support team for a major warehousing company. I was the third member of the team. There was a was a woman that had been on the team for about a year and a half before I joined. A man was the lead, and our manager above him was a man. After about three months on the team, my boss organized a team to go on a road trip to one of our main facilities to assist with a deploy. There was a Developer, a QA analyst, me and my main boss, all men. I was told I initially that they were bringing me a long because they thought it would be a good introduction into a new facility for the new guy, but the woman who had been on the team for a year and a half had never been invited on any such trip. There were also female developers and QA anylsyst would could have gone, but our team was made up of all men.

    As I found out later this was intentional for a couple reasons. First, the company only wanted to pay for 2 hotel rooms. Two guys each split a room which might have been awkward of a woman had come along on the trip. But more than that the other three guys were married with kids, and considered this work trip to be a mini-vacation. I was quickly told on the drive down that "what happens in Indianapolis stays in indianapolis." We worked hard and got the job done, but each night after work we went out drinking til all hours of the night. No strip clubs, but I was told that's not unusual for trips like this. Me being the only single guy they were trying to get me to hit on women at the bar to try and take one back to the hotel.

    The whole thing was as much of a bachelor party as it was a work trip. While there was no official statement that a woman couldn't go my male boss chose an all-male team because he wanted to get wild and have fun, and didn't want to have to worry about any awkwardness or behaving in an unprofessional manor around a woman.

    About a year and a half later the male lead of my team quit and moved on to another position. I was promoted ahead of the woman on my team despite her having more experience. You could certainly argue that my degree and specific talents did in fact make me more qualified for the position, but the reality is she was never really given the same opportunities to prove herself.

    This type of boys club bull**** is still way more common than most men would like to admit. They believe they are making decisions on who to hire, fire, promote, and give opportunities to based on legitimate qualifications and talent, but with so many men deciding who is deserving it ends up being men that get the benefit of the doubt more often than not.
    beauty of free market is that if women are better or cheaper everyone will want to hire them to put competition out of business and get rich.

  4. #194
    Sage
    MrWonka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Last Seen
    12-14-18 @ 03:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    6,092

    Re: Feminism.

    Quote Originally Posted by James972 View Post
    beauty of free market is that if women are better or cheaper everyone will want to hire them to put competition out of business and get rich.
    Not when almost every boss in charge is an old man who can't admit it to himself.

  5. #195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,947

    Re: Feminism.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrWonka View Post
    Not when almost every boss in charge is an old man who can't admit it to himself.
    BS of course! Capitalism exploits every tiny opportunity to crush the competition and get rich. If hiring women gave you a competitive edge women would be the hottest commodity on earth. Ever see Money Ball???

  6. #196
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,947

    Re: Feminism.

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    "Feminism" seems to only exists in the minds of scared men anymore as it has morphed into an equal pay/rights and stop grabbing my ass movement. The old Beaver Cleaver Pleasantvillle morons that dream of a 50's that never even existed fear these women will take away their bacon for breakfast so they make up scawy stuff.
    feminism has been very very scary indeed. 76% of black kids are now raised in broken or never formed homes. Feminism killed love it seems. Thats positive change to a liberal!!

  7. #197
    Back
    tecoyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-18 @ 03:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,084

    Re: Feminism.

    Quote Originally Posted by James972 View Post
    feminism has been very very scary indeed. 76% of black kids are now raised in broken or never formed homes. Feminism killed love it seems. Thats positive change to a liberal!!
    Weird....I suppose we must hang around completely different types of women and have a different understanding of cultural aspects of our society. Likely this is due to the depth of thought involved.
    Illusionary

  8. #198
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,399

    Re: Feminism.

    Quote Originally Posted by IcyOna View Post
    Since when did FEMINISM equate to FEMINAZISM ?
    When it mindlessly champions "causes" that end up trampling the democratic system.

    Like the "Me Too" movement. Everyone who gets named is automatically guilty - their lives ruined! Doesn't matter if it happened in a different time-line in a society that had a different mindset. Doesn't matter whether the accusation is true or not, accurate or not. All you need is an accusing finger by a female.

    Kinda like the days of Hitler.....or the Iron Curtain.
    All that's needed is someone to give your name, and you're done for.
    Thank goodness, we don't do outright on-the-spot executions.......yet.


    The sensible, reasonable feminism of our grandmothers, doesn't exist anymore.
    Last edited by tosca1; 03-15-18 at 06:48 AM.

  9. #199
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    2,657

    Re: Feminism.

    Quote Originally Posted by CLAX1911 View Post
    show me the feminists fighting for men to have more parental rights? Show me the feminists that fight for awareness and recognition of the higher level of suicide among males. You show me feminists who fight to be forced to sign the selective services.
    Why do you expect women to fight men's fights for them? Why aren't men fighting for more parental rights? Why aren't men fighting for high suicide awareness?

    Women have enough battles for their own gender without having to fight men's battles as well.

  10. #200
    Supreme knower of all
    CLAX1911's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Houston, in the great state of Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,456

    Re: Feminism.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristaeus View Post
    Why do you expect women to fight men's fights for them?
    Because feminism is about equality of the sexes. If feminists do not fight for that than they aren't feminists.

    Why aren't men fighting for more parental rights?Why aren't men fighting for high suicide awareness?
    Men can't be feminists? Why aren't feminists? Does feminism not mean equality of the sexes?

    Women have enough battles for their own gender without having to fight men's battles as well.
    I Never mentioned women.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •