Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 75

Thread: Can a Three Year Old "Know" They Are Transgender?

  1. #31
    geo-lib
    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    60,479

    Re: Can a Three Year Old "Know" They Are Transgender?

    A child knows if they identify with men or women.

  2. #32
    Banned RepublicanProud's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    05-22-17 @ 04:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    46

    Re: Can a Three Year Old "Know" They Are Transgender?

    agreed

  3. #33
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,371

    Re: Can a Three Year Old "Know" They Are Transgender?

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Agreed. A child that hasn't reached puberty doesn't have any concept of sexuality, much less transgenderism which is rooted in sexuality.
    That's more for the ages of puberty.
    They might not know about sexuality (and I am agreeing with you on that point), but that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't and don't concept gender. Gender is not an automatic link to sexuality. There are many kids who do realize they are "in the wrong body", and that is borne out over their life, while other say as much but later realize in life, it wasn't their body, as much as it was their perceived gender roles they were expected to fulfill. The child might know or they might not, but the real thing to realize it that we can never be sure what is actually going through their head. Thus any physical/chemical transitioning, save hormone blockers, should not occur until after adulthood.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  4. #34
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,371

    Re: Can a Three Year Old "Know" They Are Transgender?

    Quote Originally Posted by RepublicanProud View Post
    Parental influence has nothing to do with it at all, unless they lie to the child or children, If I were to be the father to a male child, and I tell him his entire life that he is female, or I force him to dress, or act like a female, It would not only be child abuse, but it would be blatant stupidity, and I would be liable for my child acting like a retard, a parent should treat a child the way that he or she is, he meaning, a MALE, and she meaning, A FEMALE, there is no in between, gender is not a choice, gender and sex are the exact same thing, transgenderism is a mental illness known as GENDER DYSPHORIA, and this entire transgender epidemic (a widespread occurrence of a disease) is a complete joke.
    Transgenderism and gender dysphoria and two separate, albeit related things. Gender Disphoria can be corrected/cured/fixed/what have you. Transgenderism is something that never goes away. The disphoria is the stress and anxiety of the disconnect between what the self views as its gender and the body's physical sex. The cure for the disphoria can be as simple as presenting as the self's gender, or it may need to go all the way through SRS, and any point along the path. Regardless, the disphoria is then gone and the individual no longer has that anxiety due to the disconnect. That doesn't mean that they won't have other stresses and anxieties due to how people treat them, or how they perceive people will treat them, but that is from a different source, not the disphoria itself.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  5. #35
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,903

    Re: Can a Three Year Old "Know" They Are Transgender?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    They might not know about sexuality (and I am agreeing with you on that point), but that doesn't necessarily mean that they can't and don't concept gender. Gender is not an automatic link to sexuality. There are many kids who do realize they are "in the wrong body", and that is borne out over their life, while other say as much but later realize in life, it wasn't their body, as much as it was their perceived gender roles they were expected to fulfill. The child might know or they might not, but the real thing to realize it that we can never be sure what is actually going through their head. Thus any physical/chemical transitioning, save hormone blockers, should not occur until after adulthood.
    Just so we're clear, are you advocating the administration of hormone blockers to small children who "think" they are "transgender"?
    EVERY LIFE MATTERS

  6. #36
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,371

    Re: Can a Three Year Old "Know" They Are Transgender?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Just so we're clear, are you advocating the administration of hormone blockers to small children who "think" they are "transgender"?
    You would not need hormone blockers in small children. Whether you realize it or not, that question is a strawman set up. The hormone blockers would be used during puberty, and it would give the individual claiming transgenderism the chance to really determine what it is that is going on. I also am NOT saying that this should be done sans professional treatment, such as the work CC does. The child/teen needs to be seen by a professional to help them work through all of what is happening and determine if they are truly transgender. As CC has noted before, many who have come to him claiming to be trans have turned out not to be so, and he has helped them get past the actual issues they have.

    Being allowed to present as their perceived gender will cause no actual harm to the individual. Mind you that doesn't address and harm from other people, but that is still not due to the presenting in and of itself, but rather due to other people. And allowing the teen to be on hormone blockers will have no long term effects. They will be a really "late bloomer". But if you start the child before they are an adult on hormone therapy, or worse allow the SRS, the long term effects could be worse than the original issue if it turns .out they are not trans
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  7. #37
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,903

    Re: Can a Three Year Old "Know" They Are Transgender?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    You would not need hormone blockers in small children. Whether you realize it or not, that question is a strawman set up. The hormone blockers would be used during puberty, and it would give the individual claiming transgenderism the chance to really determine what it is that is going on. I also am NOT saying that this should be done sans professional treatment, such as the work CC does. The child/teen needs to be seen by a professional to help them work through all of what is happening and determine if they are truly transgender. As CC has noted before, many who have come to him claiming to be trans have turned out not to be so, and he has helped them get past the actual issues they have.

    Being allowed to present as their perceived gender will cause no actual harm to the individual. Mind you that doesn't address and harm from other people, but that is still not due to the presenting in and of itself, but rather due to other people. And allowing the teen to be on hormone blockers will have no long term effects. They will be a really "late bloomer". But if you start the child before they are an adult on hormone therapy, or worse allow the SRS, the long term effects could be worse than the original issue if it turns .out they are not trans
    This thread is about a three year old.
    EVERY LIFE MATTERS

  8. #38
    Maquis Admiral
    maquiscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,371

    Re: Can a Three Year Old "Know" They Are Transgender?

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    This thread is about a three year old.
    The thread is about children (or would minors be more accurate?) and transgenderism. The story about the child is used as an example. The trans in the article, by the way, is not three nor were they are the time the article was written. The linked article is about Xavier/Trinity's life and transitioning over the years. So this thread is not limited to just three year old or even small/young children.
    Bi, Poly, Switch. I'm not indecisive, I'm greedy!

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,408

    Re: Can a Three Year Old "Know" They Are Transgender?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    A child knows if they identify with men or women.
    Do they? And more to the point, do they do so spontaneously or by suggestion?

  10. #40
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,903

    Re: Can a Three Year Old "Know" They Are Transgender?

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    The thread is about children (or would minors be more accurate?) and transgenderism. The story about the child is used as an example. The trans in the article, by the way, is not three nor were they are the time the article was written. The linked article is about Xavier/Trinity's life and transitioning over the years. So this thread is not limited to just three year old or even small/young children.
    This thread is about a three year old. The thread title is, " Can a Three Year Old "Know" They Are Transgender?"
    EVERY LIFE MATTERS

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •