Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Defense Contractors???

  1. #1
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,536
    Blog Entries
    27

    Defense Contractors???

    Anybody work for a defense contractor before? I have an interview with a defense contractor who is offering me a contract to work at a very prestigious scientific institution. It all seems on the up and up, but I'm very suspicious and picky in this job market. Any thoughts/advice?
    It is impossible to defend any Trump policy because he is nuts.

  2. #2
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    44,311

    Re: Defense Contractors???

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrumpGOP View Post
    Anybody work for a defense contractor before? I have an interview with a defense contractor who is offering me a contract to work at a very prestigious scientific institution. It all seems on the up and up, but I'm very suspicious and picky in this job market. Any thoughts/advice?
    Yep, but it has been a while (last such job was in 2002). I worked for several defense contractors for a period of over 22 years as well as a brief contract for the NSA. One perk was getting a security clearance which opened up a slew of opportunities.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  3. #3
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,536
    Blog Entries
    27

    Re: Defense Contractors???

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Yep, but it has been a while (last such job was in 2002). I worked for several defense contractors for a period of over 22 years as well as a brief contract for the NSA. One perk was getting a security clearance which opened up a slew of opportunities.
    Would you recommend working for a private corporation that places you in government jobs/institutions?
    It is impossible to defend any Trump policy because he is nuts.

  4. #4
    Sometimes wrong
    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    44,311

    Re: Defense Contractors???

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrumpGOP View Post
    Would you recommend working for a private corporation that places you in government jobs/institutions?
    Absolutely, the pay is better than the civil servants doing the same work get and the job security is nearly as good.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  5. #5
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,536
    Blog Entries
    27

    Re: Defense Contractors???

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Absolutely, the pay is better than the civil servants doing the same work get and the job security is nearly as good.
    Thanks. It seems like a golden opportunity for me to come face to face with real world developments in the scientific community of which I'll share more of here if I accept the position. I've just heard lots of horror stories about fake contracting jobs...
    It is impossible to defend any Trump policy because he is nuts.

  6. #6
    On Vacation

    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,563
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Defense Contractors???

    The OPer's message is so vague that no one could give an intelligent response.

  7. #7
    Conservatarian Guru Bullseye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,542

    Re: Defense Contractors???

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrumpGOP View Post
    Anybody work for a defense contractor before? I have an interview with a defense contractor who is offering me a contract to work at a very prestigious scientific institution. It all seems on the up and up, but I'm very suspicious and picky in this job market. Any thoughts/advice?
    That's a pretty wide market, government contracts for every thing from landscaping and food service to cybersecurity, weapons systems development and ship/aircraft maintenance.

  8. #8
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,051

    Re: Defense Contractors???

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrumpGOP View Post
    Anybody work for a defense contractor before? I have an interview with a defense contractor who is offering me a contract to work at a very prestigious scientific institution. It all seems on the up and up, but I'm very suspicious and picky in this job market. Any thoughts/advice?
    good lord do you want to be more specific lol

    your questions is basically should i try to get a job lol


    anyway the majority of my life work has been work for DOD as Test Tech, Test engineer, Lead Test Engineer and Test Manager.

    Is there somethign specific you would like to know?
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Why do you say that the APA does not mutilate gays when you know they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Wrong. Gays do equal transgender
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk forAIDS. Gays are.

  9. #9
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,536
    Blog Entries
    27

    Re: Defense Contractors???

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The OPer's message is so vague that no one could give an intelligent response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
    That's a pretty wide market, government contracts for every thing from landscaping and food service to cybersecurity, weapons systems development and ship/aircraft maintenance.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    good lord do you want to be more specific lol

    your questions is basically should i try to get a job lol


    anyway the majority of my life work has been work for DOD as Test Tech, Test engineer, Lead Test Engineer and Test Manager.

    Is there somethign specific you would like to know?
    One poster seemed to be able to figure it out. Jeez. I can't give away much but a little reading comprehension based on his response would go a long way.
    It is impossible to defend any Trump policy because he is nuts.

  10. #10
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52,051

    Re: Defense Contractors???

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverTrumpGOP View Post
    One poster seemed to be able to figure it out. Jeez. I can't give away much but a little reading comprehension based on his response would go a long way.
    figure what out LOL other posters also commented how vague your question was too LMOA

    no reading comprehension on his answer or your OP changes anything about the fact how vague, open-ended and basically meaningless your question way. In fact his answer tells you DOD covers just about anything further proving my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Why do you say that the APA does not mutilate gays when you know they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Wrong. Gays do equal transgender
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk forAIDS. Gays are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •