• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Japan raises nuclear crisis alert level

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Russia says that there are problems with radiation that is over their safe limits. Plus there are a few reports in America that radiation has effected milk. Ladies and gentlemen this is not just a Japan problem anymore. :(

TOKYO — The Japanese government's nuclear safety agency raised the crisis level of the Fukushima Dai-ichi power plant accident from 5 to 7, the worst on the international scale and on par with the Chernobyl accident 25 years ago.
The emission of radioactive substances from the stricken plant is about 10 percent of the amount that had been detected at Chernobyl, the agency said on Tuesday.
However, an official at Tokyo Electric and Power (TEPCO) said later Tuesday that they are concerned that the radiation leakage could eventually exceed the 1986 disaster.
"The radiation leak has not stopped completely and our concern is that it could eventually exceed Chernobyl," a TEPCO official told reporters.

CONTINUED: Japan raises nuclear crisis alert level - World news - Asia-Pacific - msnbc.com

I already knew how bad it was going to be weeks ago, when I read Michio Kaku's column. Now it has gotten to the point that it can no longer be covered up.

I already knew how bad it was going to be weeks ago, when I read Michio Kaku's column. Now it has gotten to the point that it can no longer be covered up.

If you knew, why didn't you warn the Japanese?

Back
Top Bottom