• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

US 'to tone down role in Libya'

ThePlayDrive

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
BBC News - Libya: US 'to reduce role in military campaign'

President Barack Obama has said the US will transfer its leading role on Libya "within days" to ensure the burden of enforcing a UN resolution against Colonel Muammar Gaddafi is shared.

Mr Obama pointed to past events when the US had acted "unilaterally and without full international support" and had "ended up bearing the full burden".

He said Nato would play a co-ordinating function but he said he would leave it to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Adm Mike Mullen, to describe later how the transfer would take place.

In Russia, visiting US Defence Secretary Robert Gates also said the US would soon reduce its participation in the coalition operation.

But after a meeting in Brussels, Nato appeared not to have resolved differences over how to proceed.

Hopefully this means Libya won't be another Iraq.

Right now it's looking more like another Bosnia.

You mean **** tons of money spent and no real good done?

You know, at some point we should **** or get off the pot. Either let's do this imperial thing, fund it and take over the world (I expect cheap gas!), or let's GTFO of other people's business.

You mean **** tons of money spent and no real good done?

You know, at some point we should **** or get off the pot. Either let's do this imperial thing, fund it and take over the world (I expect cheap gas!), or let's GTFO of other people's business.

Yeah, we do pretty much half ass it. Go big or go home I guess...but we're somewhere in the long-term, expensive middle.

This is proof Obama is a lousy leader. A leader doesn't start something and bail before the job is done it makes you weak in the eyes of the world but then Obama already looks the fool to anyone with half a brain.

I mean this in the nicest possible way.

But Obama is crazy.

Why?

Because he wanted to be president of a nation that, no matter what decision he makes.

You're all bound to bitch about it in one way or another.

Jesus h. Christ.

I mean this in the nicest possible way.

But Obama is crazy.

Why?

Because he wanted to be president of a nation that, no matter what decision he makes.

You're all bound to bitch about it in one way or another.

Jesus h. Christ.

Wow! What an insightful post. You contributed sooo much to our knowledge and communicated your position so intelligently and succinctly that its obvious the rest of us have nothing left to say.

Did you actually mean to say something or did you accidentally hit the keyboard?

Back
Top Bottom