• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Best Movie out of the Bunch (pt1)

What is thebest movies LISTED BELOW

• Total voters

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This is simple.....
What is the movie you enjoyed the most out of the ONES POSTED on this Poll. :shrug:

Star Wars, with Finding Nemo a close second.

titanic, ET, top gun and ghost all belong on a most overrated list.

Raiders of the Lost Ark is highly enjoyable still today, so I go with that one, but I can see Nemo getting some consideration.

E.T. followed closely by Star Wars.

Star Wars, followed by Forrest Gump.

Star wars I can watch over and over

Saving Private Ryan a little less

ET sucked IMHO

didn't see Ghost

Forrest Gump is a sad film but well down even if the table tennis stuff is completely bogus (if you are over a 1600 level player you would know why)

I liked Forrest Gump the best.

Raiders is pretty good too. Star Wars and Titanic aren't the kind of movies I'd want to watch repeatedly, but they were decent. Nemo was funny. ET was overrated, and Top Gun was ****ing terrible.

I've never seen the other three.

I've never seen Top Gun or all of Forrest Gump.

I've never seen Top Gun or all of Forrest Gump.

In the case of Top Gun, count your blessings. Forrest Gump is not bad though.

In the case of Top Gun, count your blessings. Forrest Gump is not bad though.

the aviation scenes in top gun are well done

the rest was pretty bland or bad

Forrest Gump is one of my all time favorite films. I didnt care for most of the movies on this list. But I did enjoy SPR and Star Wars. Finding Nemo wasnt terrible either I guess.

This is simple.....
What is the movie you enjoyed the most out of the ONES POSTED on this Poll. :shrug:

Finding Nemo then SW.

Haven't seen the last three on the poll.

Star Wars easily. I've watched it so many times and I could easily pop it in right now and watch it one more time.

Forest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, and Raiders of the Lost Ark are also top notch flicks. The rest range from OK to craptastic. And can anyone explain the appeal of ET? I didn't see it as a kid, even though I was a kid when it came out. I saw it later as a teenager and found it to be pretty mediocre and the reason for all the hype and buzz really escaped me. To this day, I just don't get it.

Star Wars far and above the others. Dances with Wolves and Raiders tied for second. The others are either average, crummy, or I haven't seen.

Star Wars over Forrest Gump?????? Are you KIDDING ME?!?!??!

Mate - I remember seeing it when it first came out in the theatre and in those days I would not watch ANY SF on Film or TV because I was so sick and tired of cheesy special effects and zipper stripes up the back of costumes. (See Star Trek - first incarnation) Then there was Star Wars and that first shot of the spaceship was so magical - it was a feeling I have rarely ever felt in a movie before - EVERYONE got the SAME thrill at the same time.

It was also the FIRST time where aliens really really LOOKED like aliens and not some bloke in a gorilla suit (See Robot Monster - on second thought DON'T see it)

The very first time I saw Star Wars, it was awesome. No one had ever seen anything like it before, because no one had ever made a space epic that was so HUGE before.

Forrest Gump was a great movie on many levels, however. I had trouble deciding between them, but chose Forrest for its depth.

Saving Ryan's Privates was good. I enjoyed Finding Nemo. Liked Raiders and all Indiana Jones movies. Dances, Top Gun and ET were okay but not great. I didn't hate Titanic... but it was a bit too much of a chick-flick to suit me.

Back
Top Bottom