• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Most transparent White House ever...

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Most transparent White House ever...

Most transparent White House ever... - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Police chased reporters away from the White House and closed Lafayette Park today in response to a gay rights protest in which several service members in full uniform handcuffed themselves to the White House gate to protest "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

People who have covered the White House for years tell me that's an extremely unusual thing to do in an area that regularly features protests.

Interesting. One would think the White House would support such protests given his agreement with these protesters in principle.

Interesting. One would think the White House would support such protests given his agreement with these protesters in principle.

Maybe Obama doesn't want to wake up and see the common peoples protesting. I don't know why he wouldn't want people protesting over something he supports. Maybe he doesn't plan on repealing DADT?

Maybe Obama doesn't want to wake up and see the common peoples protesting. I don't know why he wouldn't want people protesting over something he supports. Maybe he doesn't plan on repealing DADT?

I don't think he doesnt want to repeal DADT. I think it may be politically unfeasable. I'm sure the Republicans will accuse him of being the Gay Anti-Christ if he really went for it :2razz:

They're pretty transparent. I can see right through 'em, as a matter of fact.

I think it's funny people believe a Chicago politician when he says he's going to be open and honest about his administration. Could one be any more gullible?

If Obama's White House is the most transparent than I have oil and natural gas reserves in my backyard.

Did anybody read the link? The Park Service was responsible.

How can you expect a sitting President, at a time in history when the whole ****ing world is going crazy, to micromanage such a trivial incident.

That's hypocrisy.:shock:

How can you expect a sitting President, at a time in history when the whole ****ing world is going crazy, to micromanage such a trivial incident.

No, the park service took the blame (ie. fell on the sword for the White House). Gullible is believing the spokeman of the park service saying the White House had no involvement. Believe me, service members handcuffing themselves to the front of the White House gate WILL involve the White House.

No, the park service took the blame (ie. fell on the sword for the White House). Gullible is believing the spokeman of the park service saying the White House had no involvement. Believe me, service members handcuffing themselves to the front of the White House gate WILL involve the White House.

What a provincial statement!

The link has the following:

UPDATE: U.S. Park Police spokesman David Schlosser tells POLITICO his service erred in pushing the reporters back, and stressed that the White House played no role in the move.

I think it's funny people believe a Chicago politician when he says he's going to be open and honest about his administration. Could one be any more gullible?

yes 1234567

I think its going along with the times. We are, after all, in the information age. Everyone wants to know everything, and we have the technology to do so.

The Obama admin has taken a clever hold of the internet do provide information. I would say it is the most transparent White House so far.

I don't think he doesnt want to repeal DADT. I think it may be politically unfeasable. I'm sure the Republicans will accuse him of being the Gay Anti-Christ if he really went for it :2razz:
Why, he's owns the WH and Congress?

Funny how this happens after Obama is heckled in California and yet Obama had no hand in it. HAHAHA
MG_119.gif
MG_119.gif

I came across this story earlier today. I seriously doubt the White House staff had anything to do with this incident. From what I've read, the Park Police overstepped their bounds a tad, but they were doing their jobs.

WRONG!...sorta...

If anything, the MPs would probably get involved...maybe even the DoD, but only AFTER local police who have jurisdiction in this matter have done their jobs.

Sure the White House is very much aware of gay rights activist handcuffing themselve to the White House gate off Pennsylvania Ave, but as I understand it the Park Police have jurisdiction in that area. They were just doing their job in trying to maintain order before the situation turned into civil unrest.

Sidenote: As much as some would like to Pres. Obama for everything that goes bonkers, not everything is his fault. Geeezzz!

Last edited:
Why not? Everything was Bush's fault when he was president!

Sidenote: As much as some would like to Pres. Obama for everything that goes bonkers, not everything is his fault. Geeezzz!

Too bad it wasn't that was between 2001 and 2009. Can't have it both ways and only lay blame when the other guys inhabit the White House. See saying: "Chickens coming home to roost". et.al.

Why not? Everything was Bush's fault when he was president!

Bush did start a war that should never have been fought, IMO. So, yeah, that was his fault. I don't blame him for the housing crisis, though. As I understand the history behind that fiasco, it started way back during the Reagan-era (Re: deregulation), esculated under Clinton (Re: Real Estate boom), and simply went unchecked under GWB (Re: Housing bubble burst).

So, no. I personnally didn't blame GWB for everything that went wrong in this country during his presidency...only the thing I could point directly at him as his responsibility - the Iraq War!

History will show the effects of Obama's presidency - how good or bad things really were and where blame should lay. Until then, I'm fine with letting history play out because so far, every action taken seems to be baring fruit.

The banks, as well as, GM have paid back large portions of their bail-out funds. States are starting to take advantage of Stimulus money to provide jobs (even part-time, particularly over the summer for tourism and summer jobs programs), the economy is getting better, companies are starting to re-hire. So far, everything seems to be coming around pretty much as the Messiah as foreseen. (Couldn't resist the sarcasm there. :mrgreen:)

Last edited:
Its pretty sad to see a government for the people to continue becoming less transparent with each president.

Back
Top Bottom